Shaking off the bad ju-ju - 3DPO, late O ...hey! ho!

Well, I'm certainly getting discouraged. Yesterday scan didn't show mature follicles. Only measured in at 16. Ugh. So, I was scheduled to go back to clinic tomorrow for another ultrasound and most likely be at 20 by then and get trigger shot meds. No snow in forecast and only difficult task was when the procedure would be due to our work schedules. Well, the town the clinic is back to get 8 to 12 inches of snow. Therefore, I won't be getting rescanned and most likely won't get trigger meds. Our pharmacies around here do not carry hcg meds. Not sure what we will do now. I'm so frustrated but oh well. I guess I should take comfort in that I ovulate on my own however I'm only getting negatives on my opk's. So, by the time I ovulate on my own, follicles may not be of great quality. Ugh! Oh well. I guess at least it isn't the procedure we are missing.

wow, that is frustrating. I'm so sorry this hasn't worked out seamlessly for you so far. Did you get there yesterday? How did it go? Would seem silly to keep getting charged for these appointments - I hope you're not!
It can't not align next month, though (if needed) - no more snow (god willing!!), and can you take meds for an earlier ovulation? isn't there some sort of natural vitamin that the girls on this site take to stimulate that? worth checking into if your body isn't going to cooperate.
I have a feeling I'm going to experience the exact same thing. I don't ovulate earlier than cd16 typically, I've already warned my doc of that.
try to stay positive - it's just going to take a few more steps for you to get that little bean!

Sorry to have been negative nelly. Sunday was a rough day! However, we did make it down there although we went much later in the day. DH drove me through the partly covered snowy roads to get us there. We had one follicle at 20 and one follicle at 21. We did the trigger shot at the doctor's office and we are scheduled for the IUI this afternoon at 4:00pm. We stayed in a hotel last night and it was night to just relax with all the stress of are we or aren't we going to pull this month off. Can't help but hope that this is our month!!! Will let you know how the procedure goes!

alRIGHT!!! Glad you had some big follicles!!! GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! come ooooooon :spermy:!!! bury yourself in that egg!

Thanks Wish! I'm sooo excited but am now starting to get butterflies. I think I'm more nervous/anxious than what I am letting myself believe. AHHHHH!!!!!

By the way....where are you at in your cycle? You have to be close if you haven't already ovulated?!?!

Oh jeez...I'm SOOOO sorry. I just hit the submit button and completely forgot that they are telling you to prevent this month. Gosh Wish....I'm so sorry I did that.

HAHA that's ok - so to answer your question, it's a mystery! haha! I should have O'ed sometime this weekend. I had ewcm mid last week but I knew it was too early to O, so I'm assuming Fri/Sat. We actually did BD both nights (yanno, that O'ing libido!) but used 'coitus interruptus' to prevent. ;) So frustrating to have to do that but whatever. So I guess I'm probably 3dpo today. No sore boobs yet to validate that, though. I should start AF riiiiight as we leave for vacation. Which is perfect timing, right? long flights, full days on snowmobiles, romantic Yellowstone scenery and lodge fires & cocktails...awesome. I just hope I have a short one this month again so I can enjoy SOME of vacation!

Sounds like you ladies are as fun filled as ever! Wish sorry they told you not to try this month...that makes me sad for you, but you aren't alone! I'm not trying this month ethier (obviously)

Malinko I am so glad to hear that things ended up happening....fingers crossed that next time I sign in you have your :bfp:

Love to you both!

P.S. I quit Winter :bunny:

Good morning ladies! Well, IUI has been completed and I hope in two weeks, it will be successful! I wanted to ask a ton of questions but just didn't. I figured the information they gave me was enough. I have no idea as to the measurements of my lining or anything else. The only piece of information they gave me is they prefer 3 million sperm (post wash) for the procedure. We had 8 million so they were extremely pleased with that. The procedure itself wasn't too bad. The worst part was the speculum - and we go through that every year. It was a 5 minute procedure and 20 minutes lying there afterwards. I start progesterone tomorrow. I'm supposed to take a test two weeks from yesterday. If it is negative, I stop taking the progesterone as it can delay af. If it is positive, I will go for labs and continue on the progesterone. I didn't temp the beginning of my cycle - so I have no idea if clomid plays with my pre-o temps or not - but this morning I did have what would be a typical post-o temp....so I'm hoping I ovulated last night sometime! I am bloated and a little tender in my belly area. Will keep you updated!!!

Wish - your vacation sounds like heaven. I hope af is short for you so you can enjoy a little romance!!!

Little - so good to hear from you. Keep checking in with us! I hope to have wonderful news for you in two weeks :)

YIPPEEEEEE!!! I feel like it's a TWW for all of us!! :)
my RE appt is tomorrow, i can't wait to hear the plan!

well - not to bring the room down but my appointment kinda sucked. My AMH (egg reserve) levels were not good at all. They hope for over 1.0, are ok with between .5-1.0 but consider anything under .5 to be 'severely diminished reserve' and I'm at 2.3. So not a lot of eggs to work with here, thus she doesn't recommend IUI at all b/c the older my ovaries get, the less there will be. Also, they don't know the rate of decline, so we need to move quickly.
She was also saying that with IVF, they'll give me the stimulating hormones to get a few eggs but there's a chance that I may not successfully even respond to those drugs, so we could still have little to no eggs. They want at least 3 (5 is preferable) to retrieve b/c chances are that at least one won't make it to day 5. Also, we need to figure out if we want to do the genetic testing on the embryo or not. AND we have to figure out if we want to implant 2 vs 1 to increase our chances since this process takes 6-8 weeks. But we don't want multiples, so we don't really want to inject more than 1. But who's to say that one will even implant, and then we'll be starting over again. Ugh. I'm so stunned right now, really. Is that even an emotion? I wanted to cry but not b/c I was sad but.....I don't know why. Frustrated? not really. More like I think about - if we weren't going to have kids, i'd like it to be b/c we chose to and not b/c I wasn't able to do it. I feel some sense of shame, like I should be able to do this thing and I can't. She was even talking about perimenopause! Like 'this probably isn't that but your AFs will get shorter and...' - well, YEP, they've been getting shorter, all right! She threw out the option of donor eggs but didn't think we needed to consider that just yet. JUST YET.
Ugh, sorry, I'm kinda all over the place. I'm trying to be practical and deal with it and I will. Just these stupid emotions getting in the way right now.

I got the numbers wrong - either they want between 5-10 and i was 2.3 or they want between .5-1.0 and I was .23. Something like that. Der.

hey there - I just came on to say that I'm going to be a little MIA over the next week or so. I am hoping so hard for your BFP!!! I start vacation on Wed and until then, I'm in all-day mtgs in the office, so tough to check in on here.
Good luck!! I'll be thinking of you! If I have service in WY, I'll try to check in over the weekend! :dust:

Hi Wish-

So, I was responding to your RE appointment and had this long post typed out and then got a terrible phone call. My father-in-law was rushed to the hospital on Thursday afternoon. We lost our precious guy on Saturday. We are holding visitation services this evening and funeral tomorrow. Been a rough few days. He's never been right after his stroke. At least he isn't suffering anymore. So, I'm sure this hasn't been good on our tww and making a baby. :( Lots of stress and I'm sure that is not conducive for fertilization/implanting.

I'm sorry to hear about your results. I'm glad you updated the numbers because I was confused why they were so concerned. Will you consider IVF? Remember, they can always take as many as they can get and you can freeze them! That way, if you do one (or two) and if they don't make it...you already have your eggs ready to go and just give it another shot. I hope you are finding some peace and answers since you have had a few days to contemplate it. Its always hard the first couple of days of getting crappy news, huh? Glad to hear you leave for vacation on Wednesday. Enjoy it and have a wonderful time!!!!

Hoping to have good results for you next week - but after the last several days, I'll be shocked if it happened. Hoping our angel is watching over us though and helping us get our miracle baby. He wanted another grandchild so badly.

oh malinko, I'm so so sad for you guys. I'm so sorry you lost your dear FIL. I hope you guys are able to find some comfort in great memories of him - keep him in your thoughts and words and he'll feel forever with you. That's how I feel about my MIL we lost 2 yrs ago. I hope this hasn't affected any implantation and perhaps he's able to meet the little spirit before it jumps into your belly! ok, he might be selfish and hang out with him for a month but he's gotta let him go next month! :)

that's a great point about freezing them - that'll keep them nice and young too. Yes, I think we'll be going the IVF route, we just need to figure out if we're going to do the genetic testing on the embryos. It's expensive and I need to see if a) it's covered by insurance and b) if i have fractured X, which will help decide that. I'd think we'd want to at any rate, but we'll see. We'll hopefully have time to mull it over and talk it over while on vacation and come back with a solid plan.

I'll try to check in this weekend, or whenever you're going to test. Good luck - thinking of you and your family. Lots of hugs to you all.

ugh man, I'm sorry it didn't take this month. I was so hoping to get back and see a celebratory message!! I think you might be right, though - the stress that you ended up being under this month may have caused a little shift in things. Next month, it is, then, right? Digest all that has happened and then you can focus on the bean.
Selfishly, I hope we are close in conception dates so we can go through this side by side!! :) not that I want to make you wait!

just popped on to say I'm thinking of you - I hope you are ok. I see your temps and I'm figuring that AF is showing her ugly little head. It'll work for you guys, you'll see.
big hugs :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->