Sharp tightening rather than cramps and spotting

HockeyWife86

Reaction score
Hey Mumma's,

After finally relaxing after constant Beta draws showing an increase (though declining) i then had some rather sharp tight cramping. Almost like i can feel my uterus contracting. My back also started hurting. Went to the bathroom and had brown discharge. Next trip was red. Brown discharge since.

The tightening is still there with the backache and my only symptom of sore nipples has gone as fast as it came on.

Nurse sent me for a scan today and they saw a sac with yolk sac. tech said it was too small to measure. They couldn't see any reason for the bleed. Did see fluid in pouch of douglas but she said that was fine and expected in early pregnancy (google doesn't think so we i'm not friends with google right now)

Another scan next wednesday to see whether it progresses. Also another blood draw to see what my numbers do.

Trying not to get my hopes up as i really don't feel pregnant and have had a bad feeling since finidng out.
I should be about 5 weeks

Beta draws so far
July 5 (10dpo) 88 - prog 101
July 7 (12dpo) 332 - prog 103
July 10 (15dpo) 1900 - prog 115
July 13 (18dpo) 3500 - prog 90
July 17 (22dpo) 9200 - prog 85

Praying for you! Spotting is normal in early pregnancy so im hoping its nothing! Also, pregnancy symptoms come and go, so try not to worry about that. With my first pregnancy and this one i have had virtually no symptoms.
How's it going now? Anymore blood?

Nothing again yet. I just can’t shake this feeling but praying it’s all fine

Your beta levels are awesome! I spotted at 5 weeks for 8 days, again at 9 weeks and again at 10 weeks. No reason for it, it just happened. I had a healthy son. It was terrifying and I spent one day bawling my eyes out convinced I’d miscarried (I always had a bad feeling about the pregnancy too). But it was all in my head!

Early pregnancy is so scary, next time I hope I don’t find out until I’m at least 12 weeks :haha:

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->