She sucks her hands and a few other things lol

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
She really sucks her hands.... shes doing it now in her sleep!! In the day when shes awake she tries and put her WHOLE fist in her mouth!! What is she doing do you think??

I know she has a real fascination with her hands cos she will stare at them and go cross eyed whilst doing it!!

Also had a very diarohea moment today... went all up the front of her nappy!! When shes NOT on the gaviscon her poos are very watery ... is this due to her milk (cow and gate comfort) or something else... could it be a possible lactose problem... what with the reflux as well???

Shes started to really try and blow raspberries now.... its soooooooooo funny!! She'll however make the sound with her mouth open... its so so cute!!

ALSO.... got the first lot of jabs tomorrow... Im so scared for her bless her... I just keep thinking the poor little mite doesnt know whats going to happen to her in the morning... I think I will cry :cry:

AND..... she got weighed today 10lb 2oz... :wohoo: back up to the 25th percentile line... (what does this actually mean??)

ummmm.... what else?? lol!! Oh yeah... going to increase her feeds to 7oz now... shes been having 6oz 5 times a day but she will drink it alllllllll... so I prefer her to leave a little! Shes only had 4 feeds today though and shes still sleeping!! :shrug: Normally shes had her last feed by now...

OK FINISHED!!!

:hug:

AAwwww Daisy has started sucking her thumb! Very cute but I'm scared she will do it til she is a teenager ( I went to school with a boy that did!)

Good luck with her jabs, you will cry! I had to get my mum to take my older daughter in for hers and I just stood outside crying like a big baby!!

:hugs:

Wow! Well for the hands thing I don't know why they do it but Hannah's been fascinated by her hands for a good month now, and she does the same, sticks her whole fist into her mouth! She doesn't do it while sleeping but we still swaddle her because she seems to sleep better that way.

Great job on the weight gain! :happydance: We get Hannah weighed tomorrow and I'm sure she's gained a lot this month! Probably over 13 pounds now! :shock: But she only eats 4-5 ounces at a time :shrug:

Good luck with the jabs :( Our experience wasn't a good one, made Hannah go off her bottle for several days. Hopefully Courtney will be one of those babies who gets over them quickly :)

ah bless her!! so glad shes doing well! lucy has started to do that sucking her whole hand its so cute!!
lucy had her jabs last friday and she cried but was fine about 2mins later and shes been fine since. lucy weighs 12lb 9oz now shes a little piggy on 6oz of hungrier milk.

my gp suggested a problem with milk when Chloe had diahroea and senta sample to be tested- perhaps worth speaking to yours again.

As for her hands, Chloe is the same she puts her fist so far in her mouth she makes herself gag!

well done on the weight gain, sounds like she's going well.

BTW I love the new photos of her!

tommy is trying to get both of his hands in his mouth at the same time...typical greedy boy lol with him its because hes teething though..sometime when this happens they will have the runs and a rash so look out for it, as for the intollerance, the only want to know for sure is to take a sample you get one the water specimen bottles but it has a blue lid and a little scoop/spoon inside you basicaly get a bit out of her nappy and send it away to be tested...

fab on the weight gain...mr t was weighrd yest and was 15lb 4oz!!! FATTY HE IS...

he was fine with his first and second jabs, screamed blue murder with shock then slept, he was extra sleepy straght afteramd i gave him some calpol just incase he was going to be poorly...the second lot were fine too but the third ones werent too good, he was quite poorly, went off his bottle for a couple of days and was very clingy/niggly but he got there in the end good luck

h x

Sounds like she's doing really well! Good luck for the jabs!

As for the percentile thing, I'm going to steal someone elses explanation...It means that if you had 100 babies in a line Courtney would be the 25th heaviest. They base it on normal, healthy caucasian babies. Alasdair would be 91st in his line :lol: Basically, all they want them to do is find a line and stick to it. Having said that I've read on here that some HVs like babies to all be 50th percentile...which is just stupid (and impossible!)

awww jack alway sucks his hand to is so cute, good luck with your jabs 2moro hope it all goes well.

Well shes had her jabs .... awww bless her.... it brought a tear to my eye!! She seems ok now... cooing and kicking about!!

HV advised to put gaviscon in every other feed so Im gonna do that and see how that goes with the constipation!!
HV advised yesterday to keep a diary of her feeds, sickness, and nappies!! So IM going to do that and IM seeing the doctor next thursday to review!! Hayley if shes no better this week IM going to ask to send a sample off!!

Thanks guys!!

They have a real fadscination with body part at that age,especially their hands.And later their toes :lol:
Lola-Rose sucks her fingers and I'm terrified of the thumb sucking cause I sucked it so much when I was a baby and toddler that it got infected! :dohh:

Glad she is ok with the jabs,poor thing :hugs:

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->