She took it!

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
I know some of you won't agree with this...but she finally took a soother! When she was a couple of days old she found her thumb. That's a habit I really, realllyyyy didn't want her to have. Anyway she wouldn't take a soother until the past few days and tonight she's really stuck on it :happydance: I would prefer she didn't take either but if she needs to suck on something I'd rather it be a soother than her thumb!

Yay! lucky you, Harley doesn't really like them, she prefers my boobs.

Dont get too excited. My son never even sucked his thumb, took his dummy away at 4mo and BAM. No he is a thumb sucker! :lol:
He doesn't do it too often though, so not worried.
Glad you got her to take one though! It would always be easier to throw out the dummy, not like you can throw out her thumb! :)

I am with you on the soother issue! I don't know what I would do without it. I am constantly shoving it in her mouth or else I would be dealing with her fussing all day.

Yay! :happydance:

Lola's on her pacifier from 2 days old.I didn't want her to be a thumb sucker because I was a really bad one when I was little to the point where my thumb got infected (and I still put it in my mouth GROSS :lol:).

Nothing wrong with soothers hun... ???

Babies need to suck for comfort. Even the hospital told me to use one!!! Jasmine wont suck on it all the time, but if she is cranky it helps her.

Babies need to suck for comfort. Even the hospital told me to use one!!! Jasmine wont suck on it all the time, but if she is cranky it helps her.

People here are reallllllyyy strict with the soother thing. Like its the worst thing you could give a child :dohh: I had a soother just in the packet at the hospital that someone gave me, and a nurse came in and she was like "you aren't giving her that are you? We don't allow them"

People here are reallllllyyy strict with the soother thing. Like its the worst thing you could give a child :dohh: I had a soother just in the packet at the hospital that someone gave me, and a nurse came in and she was like "you aren't giving her that are you? We don't allow them"

OMG!! I can't believe someone would actually say that to you. Its YOUR baby and its up to YOU to allow, not them!

But good on your for persisting Amelia wouldn't take one at first either and now she does it really helps with calming her down and getting her to sleep.

Yey for Renah!! Oliver took a while, but he loves his now. He doesn't tak eit too often - goes some days wihtout it at all - but when he does wnat it, it's a life saver!!!:baby:

My son loves his dummy and since hes got reflux its even better to have one

:yipee:
Beth has a dummy (soother) too! She wouldn't take to it for ages and only did the week she was really poorly. Must have really comforted her! Anyway i'm with u Rae, i didn't want bethany to be a thumb sucker! u can take a dummy away!! Thumb's are there for good!!!! xx

oh forgot to add that she also sleeps through the night thanks to her dummy too :yipee:
xx

Really? They said that? Here the pediatrician and nurses encouraged me to give Hannah a soother (of course she's never been breastfed so they weren't worried about nipple confusion)

The nurses here (in Edmonton) are against soothers too, but I had one nice nurse who was like "Man, you need to get this baby a soother, she is one sucky baby" and she was right, we need it!

Really? They said that? Here the pediatrician and nurses encouraged me to give Hannah a soother (of course she's never been breastfed so they weren't worried about nipple confusion)

Yeah they're dead set against them for some reason. I waited till I got home to try to give her one so I wouldn't get chewed out

:shock: Wow. Although Hannah irritates me with her pacifier, I do know it has it's own benefits, and really don't know what we'd do without one

I was dead against using the dummy, because I'd seen too many parents get attached to them and not take them from children who, in my opinion, really didn't need them anymore.

THEN i gave birth to a very sucky little boy... when he's got an upset tummy or he's over tired my options are give him the dummy or give him my boobie, because he wont stop crying until he gets one or the other. I do have to 'trick' him into taking the dummy though, he'll only take the dummy from me if he's in a breast feeding position and I slip the dummy between his mouth and my breast! Once he's attached onto his dummy I can change his position or pop him to bed and he doesn't seem to mind.

:wohoo: maddi has had her soother from a few days old too, she loves it and sleeps so well with it, we like the soother, but as with everything its personal opinion. and down to the mummy! glad shes liking it rae :hugs: x x x

My Neve didn't take a soother at first so I bought a few different shaped ones as I wanted her to have one and now she takes one. - I've read that they greatly reduce the chance of cot death and I'd much prefer her to have a dummy than that! I think anything that can be a comfort is an asset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->