She took it!

My Neve didn't take a soother at first so I bought a few different shaped ones as I wanted her to have one and now she takes one. - I've read that they greatly reduce the chance of cot death and I'd much prefer her to have a dummy than that! I think anything that can be a comfort is an asset.

According to unicef this isn't true. If a baby is used to a dummy, sudden removal of it increases the risk of cotb death. But actually giving a baby a dummy doesn't actually reduce the risk iykwim.

https://www.babyfriendly.org.uk/pdfs/dummy_statement_08.pdf

My dd is a thumb sucker, ds has a dummy........... I say a dummy is better by far.

Nothing wrong with soothers hun... ???

Babies need to suck for comfort. Even the hospital told me to use one!!! Jasmine wont suck on it all the time, but if she is cranky it helps her.

People here are reallllllyyy strict with the soother thing. Like its the worst thing you could give a child :dohh: I had a soother just in the packet at the hospital that someone gave me, and a nurse came in and she was like "you aren't giving her that are you? We don't allow them"
We???? Erm did she have a part in the conception of your baby! Thats crazy!!!

Soothers are encouraged for cot death here well it says it can help prevent and if anyone disagrees with the in general about using one thats their choice just like its yours if you decide to give your child one.

Yay! lucky you, Harley doesn't really like them, she prefers my boobs.

I have that problem, but he overeats and ends up projectile vomitting. :sick:

He liked sucking his fingers (hasn't found his thumb) just tries to suck his whole fist or first 2 fingers.

:happydance: We also just managed to get him to take a dummy!!! :happydance:

My friend recommended I switched dummies to a different texture and shape and he will take it now, so long as you let him suck your finger first and 'waggle' it around his mouth. :baby:

Don't want him to have it all the time, but it is helpful to delay him when I'm out and he's hungry - buys me time to find somewhere to feed him without him screaming the place down. And when he's doing 'smacky lips' at me but I know he's just had his own body weight in milk (and can safely assume he just want to comfort suck)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->