She wont take fluids !

Gems

Reaction score
Hi all

My little girl is now 8 months and for the last month she has been taking less and less fluids, down to only 200ml of milk a day if im lucky.
She is still having wet nappies and is fine but i would appriciate any help on how to encourage her to drink more.

Thanks xxxx

have you introduced a cup with water? We started Hannah off on a soft spout cup but moved within a few months to one with a straw, she gets milk in one throughout the day and water in another. Also they get fluids from their foods now too so she may not need as much as before

zane wont hold a cup he hates them so i add water or juice into a bottle n leave it on the floor n he can grab it wen ever he needs a drink.

drinking the same thing gets boring so try juices good luck x

personally I wouldn't put juice in a bottle because it can cause tooth decay I believe. :)

Yeah it can. It's best to only offer water and juice from cups, never from a bottle. One it makes the transition easier and it's bette ron their teeth. Though sippy cups can cause the tooth decay too, so it's best to let them have some juice then put it away, and leave water in the cup all day..not let them sip on juice all day because that leaves sugars on their teeth all day.

She does get alot of water from her foods so she is probably fine. A normal healthy baby won't let themselves get dehydrated so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe just leave a sippy of water out all day and offer it to her throughout the day, even a few sips here and there are good.

any amount of juice can cause tooth decay whether in a cup or bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->