Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Good luck for your scan today emz, you'll have to let us know how it goes!

Thank you. Scan went really well and baby was even slightly bigger than average, so that's great news! Hope everyone is ok today :)

That's good news, not long to go now. When in starting your maternity leave? x

I was a student so I left when I finished my exams (about a week ago). At the moment, I'm doing a part time Law degree with the OU at the moment so that's something to keep me occupied. When is everyone else going on maternity leave?

Oh cool, hope you enjoy it! I'm not due until 12th Dec so thinking about 3 or 4 weeks before I'm due.

Im planning to finish 3 weeks before im due but still have quite a lot of holidays to take so I may start doing long weekends from august to break it up a bit! In due Oct x

Arcanespark-did u get my msge? Im never sure im using this site properly!

Mungaroo - I think my brian is going to mush! When I read this post I was thinking, yes I got your message and replied :) Went back into PM and there was my message but not sent lol Just sent it now!!

x

Mungaroo - I think my brian is going to mush! When I read this post I was thinking, yes I got your message and replied :) Went back into PM and there was my message but not sent lol Just sent it now!!

x

Ah right...!

Just been to read your message, but all that's there is a quote of my message and your original message? hmm... do you want to give it another try?

Found the link to the ante-natal exercise classes I was talking about... anyone fancy going?
https://www.keepmumsfit.com/

Well baby Archie arrived as planned last Friday - 7lbs 11oz! Unfortunately I had a bit of a bad time in Jessops for the first couple of days (I still get very tearful just thinking about it), but things improved hugely when I was moved to a single room (I wanted to pay for a room for the entire stay, but they wouldn't let us).

LO's also having major problems with BF. He latches on fine but then doesn't suck. We had to resort to feeding him express by bottle otherwise he just wasn't getting anything to eat. Unfortunately he is now so used to the bottle that he will hardly take anything from the breast, and I can now no longer express as much milk as I was a few days ago, which now means we're having to top him up with formula :-(

The midwife is visiting daily at the moment because he's still losing weight. We're on a strict routine of 3 hourly feeds for the past day to try and maintain his weight - but this only seems to have led to him being even more reluctant to take from the breast. The midwife has reassured me I doing everything right, but that some babies are just lazy when it comes to sucking. I think we may have to decide to go to formula in the next 24 hours, which I'm really upset about - but he has just got to eat something.

Found the link to the ante-natal exercise classes I was talking about... anyone fancy going?

Hello,

Sorry havent been on here in a while, life has been a little hectic. I'd fancy it but be warned I'm not sporty and always go the wrong way at aerobics!!!

When you thinking of starting?

x

Well baby Archie arrived as planned last Friday - 7lbs 11oz! Unfortunately I had a bit of a bad time in Jessops for the first couple of days (I still get very tearful just thinking about it), but things improved hugely when I was moved to a single room (I wanted to pay for a room for the entire stay, but they wouldn't let us).

LO's also having major problems with BF. He latches on fine but then doesn't suck. We had to resort to feeding him express by bottle otherwise he just wasn't getting anything to eat. Unfortunately he is now so used to the bottle that he will hardly take anything from the breast, and I can now no longer express as much milk as I was a few days ago, which now means we're having to top him up with formula :-(

The midwife is visiting daily at the moment because he's still losing weight. We're on a strict routine of 3 hourly feeds for the past day to try and maintain his weight - but this only seems to have led to him being even more reluctant to take from the breast. The midwife has reassured me I doing everything right, but that some babies are just lazy when it comes to sucking. I think we may have to decide to go to formula in the next 24 hours, which I'm really upset about - but he has just got to eat something.

Congrats on having your baby, sorry to hear you had a tough time, hope things are improving now?

x

Hey girls can I tag along to this thread too? I'm Sheffield (Tapton/Broomhill) xx

Congrats on having your baby, sorry to hear you had a tough time, hope things are improving now?

x

Yes, things are improving thankfully. We took the decision to stop trying to get him feeding from the breast, as it was clear he just wasn't going to suck. we decided we'd formula feed and I would express as much as I could. It broke my heart because I really wanted to BF and felt like a failure stopping when he was only 8 days old. However as soon as the decision was made and I started expressing 4 times a day rather than 8 times a day the milk has really started to flow and he's able to get at least half and sometimes more of his daily feeds from me (albeit in a bottle!) - so at least he's getting the good stuff one way or the other.

He's also started gaining weight and is back on track. He just needs to be weighed again next Weds and we should be discharged by the midwife. I still find the whole BF situation frustrating - especially when his dad is feeding him my milk from a bottle whilst I'm sat next to them expressing more milk - I keep telling LO he's a silly boy for not sucking!

Hello,

Sorry havent been on here in a while, life has been a little hectic. I'd fancy it but be warned I'm not sporty and always go the wrong way at aerobics!!!

When you thinking of starting?

x
Lol I'm sure you would be fine! I'm not the most coordinated either :)

I got in touch with the lady that runs the class and she sent me some forms to fill in about myself and you put your preferred start date on that. I've put end of July. I can send you the forms if you like?

X

I really really want to do aqua natal. Only have about 5 weeks left though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->