shocked by a reply in third tri section.

I keep typing and deleting. The system for law suits in America must be very different to the UK

It really is I think. :hugs: I know from being from the US and from my recent visit that there is a large cultural element of who can you sue. So things are over the top in terms of doctors trying to cover themselves.

I think I read once that the average Dr is paid around $140k/year and the average malpractice insurance is something like $70k per year.
OB/GYN is a diminishing speciality-especially outside the cities- because the malpractice insurance rates are so high doctors cannot afford to practice. And like insurance does, if anything does happen in terms of a claim the rates increase....

Thank you for explaining to me, because here you dont sue individual doctors, you sue the NHS/hospital. Like I sued the hospital because Honey died from medical negligence (I am not a money hungry bitch, no money would bring my girl back but they refused to learn from their mistakes, and so it was the only way to bring in changes that prevent it from happening to another baby/family) and it took three years and ten months of fighting with them for it to finish. So it is a long, hard, emotional process here.

If you don't mind me asking what did Honey die from? I lost my daughter due to a subgael hemmorage (due to them using the vaccum.) and her umbilical cord being wrapped around her neck. But autopsy only mentioned the subgael hemmorage. And I thought about doing something.. not even for money.. but maybe for them to have to go back to school to learn how to use a stupid vaccum!

I am a bit emotional tonight, so will send you a message tomorrow about the medical negligence with Honey, and also Riley Rae. I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

^^^ PLEASE make your own decisions and take responsibility for your own health and your body

GD doesn't mean automatic induction. It is your choice. take in on evidence and NOT policy> know the risks of induction V allowing your pregnancy to continue.

I had GD with my first baby and all tests were fine> but they still wanted to induce ME. I couldnt DO that.

I inderstand you don't want to fight, but you don't have to; just state what your wishes are and ask yourself who are they protecting? Your health and welbeing or thier interests?

It IS important how your baby is born> it will effect you for the rest of your life

Hugs
XXX

It doesn't really matter much anymore because my baby is still currently breech and refusing all attempts to move her. I will most likely end up with a c-section if she doesn't turn in 3 weeks. There is no such thing as a breech vaginal birth where I'm at. No one does it. I'm still praying and talking to the little one in hopes that she'll turn, but she's been this way for at least 6 weeks now. I'm in my mourning phase for the birth that I desired right now. I am somewhat consoled by the fact that the doctors around here do eagerly encourage VBACs, so hopefully in the future I will be able to have a normal delivery if it doesn't happen this time.

Will you have a TOL? Most babies (about 96% I think) turn before they are born... of the remaining 4%, some turn in early labour. So, if you have a TOL, it means you at least give your LO maximum chance to turn AND you will know that they are born when they are ready, and not taken out early.

Feel free to tell me to butt out, but just wondering if you've tried any remedies to get LO to turn? (My last client had a breech baby, so I picked up a lot of stuff about getting them to turn...)

Good luck. :hugs:

I am seeing a chiropractor for the webster technique to open up my pelvis and uterus as much as possible, also doing moxibustion every night and inversions as often as possible. I am scheduled to have the doctor attempt to manually turn her this week, but no one is very hopeful that it will happen as she is a little large, my uterus is tight since it's my first, and I don't have a whole lot of fluid. I still have almost 3 weeks so I'll keep trying and hoping!

I had to have fetal monitoring but it wasn't everyday. I told the Dr that I felt the human body knew what it was doing and that my baby would come when it was ready.
I do not believe in induction because it is forcing your body to do something before it is ready.

It may be a coincidence but every woman I've known who was induced and had an epidural had an extremely long labor. My sis in law had both and was in labor for 22 hours.
I let my body decide when it was time for Madison to come and I did not have an epidural. I checked into hospital at around 10:00 a.m. and had Madison at 4:55 p.m.

I was induced with my first and was in labour for 4 hours. I was 39+1. She was about 7lb 4. So that isn't that long. And I was induced due to pre-eclampsia. My second I went naturally at 39 weeks and he was born in 2 hours from being admitted although I had been having "pains for over 12 hours. With both I only had gas and air.

I think it is down to whoever is having a baby whether they want to be induced or not - it's not right or wrong. All down to personal choice. xxx

I am seeing a chiropractor for the webster technique to open up my pelvis and uterus as much as possible, also doing moxibustion every night and inversions as often as possible. I am scheduled to have the doctor attempt to manually turn her this week, but no one is very hopeful that it will happen as she is a little large, my uterus is tight since it's my first, and I don't have a whole lot of fluid. I still have almost 3 weeks so I'll keep trying and hoping!

There are homeopathic and aromatherapy remedies too.... I don't know if they would be worth a try if the moxibustion and ECVs don't do it? One lady I spoke to said she thought some babies just wanted to grow close to your heart....

GOOD LUCK! I hope baby turns for you.

There are homeopathic and aromatherapy remedies too.... I don't know if they would be worth a try if the moxibustion and ECVs don't do it? One lady I spoke to said she thought some babies just wanted to grow close to your heart....

GOOD LUCK! I hope baby turns for you.

That's sweet and I would believe it. Though it's really frustrating, it is funny and endearing because any time I sing or talk a lot, her little head moves up as far as possible! Thanks for the well-wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->