Shocked by doctor re: weaning

Why? No one is personally attacking anyone and there is nothing wrong with voicing differing opinions :shrug:

Its the same all the way through though, Getting a bit pointless i think now.

then stop reading it.

im enjoying this thread, its a good debate with lots of information and no arguing.

im reading it to see if any new or useful info is wrote but its all repeated stuff that i have heard before. oh and no need be rude btw.

I dont think the thread should be closed but i think someone should say something new :haha:
I still believe, regardless of guidelines/recommendations that mum will do what ever the hell she wants when it comes to her baby :shrug: just the way it is! :flower:

im reading it to see if any new or useful info is wrote but its all repeated stuff that i have heard before. oh and no need be rude btw.

your right i shouldnt of been rude, i apologize. but it is frustrating when i see your input on threads as the same things "this is boring" "this is pointless"

although it might be for you, for others who are posting in the thread it isnt. some things are better left unsaid, like if you feel its boring or pointless just dont post rather then say something that might offend others. :flower:

your right i shouldnt of been rude, i apologize. but it is frustrating when i see your input on threads as the same things "this is boring" "this is pointless"

although it might be for you, for others who are posting in the thread it isnt. some things are better left unsaid, like if you feel its boring or pointless just dont post rather then say something that might offend others. :flower:

I agree. Posts like that are just stupid and pointless.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER HAD ANY INPUT IN ANY DEBATING THREADS! Therefore it is the first time i have ever said those words. Please, dont slate me for something that i dont normally do. I have put it in bold cus i dont want people forming this wrong opinion of me.

I dont think the thread should be closed but i think someone should say something new :haha:
I still believe, regardless of guidelines/recommendations that mum will do what ever the hell she wants when it comes to her baby :shrug: just the way it is! :flower:

This is better wording, i should worded my post like this. this is what i mean. :flower:

I don't see the problem Jacob is 19 weeks old and is sat in his pram eating a 99er from Mr Whippy ice-cream van :haha:

AB I'm glad it worked for you but I think the danger is that the potential risks might not be evident until later life, not that I'm suggesting there is anything wrong with your daughter but just pointing out that if you look at our generation we are riddled with dietry problems potentially related to early weaning.

Also, waking in the night isn't considered a sign that a child is ready for weaning, so although it worked for you, I'm not sure it is the case for all babies that wake in the night hungry (Oli began waking 2 hourly to feed at 4 months and still does now despite being on solids for almost 3 months).

AB I'm glad it worked for you but I think the danger is that the potential risks might not be evident until later life, not that I'm suggesting there is anything wrong with your daughter but just pointing out that if you look at our generation we are riddled with dietry problems potentially related to early weaning.

Also, waking in the night isn't considered a sign that a child is ready for weaning, so although it worked for you, I'm not sure it is the case for all babies that wake in the night hungry (Oli began waking 2 hourly to feed at 4 months and still does now despite being on solids for almost 3 months).

I understand that not everyone's child wakes up because they're hungry. I held off for as long as I could knowing in the back of my mind that food was the reason she was waking and when I tried weaning her it worked out fantastically. Obviously there are a handful of other reasons why they wake in the night and that shouldn't be the sign to look for when deciding whether to wean or not. It's just whether or not you want to risk it or not. If she develops any problems due to it in the future then I will hold my hands up, but as it stands, I still think I did right by her. But that was just MY own experience, as I said, all situations are different :)

I don't see the problem Jacob is 19 weeks old and is sat in his pram eating a 99er from Mr Whippy ice-cream van :haha:

WOW thats fab, did you take a pic lol, bet he loved it, and it was everywhere ha ha, my lo is 7 months if i gave her one she would probably squash it in her face or cover her body in it, only probably getting one lick in her mouth and wearing the rest ha ha. Now i feel like ice cream :lolly:

i dont agree with giving my LO ice-cream like those for two reasons and not because of the early weaning thing.

1. those ice-creams contain way too much sugar. I am very carefula bout what my baby eats, he has no junk food or "adult" food like crisps/chips because they contain too much crap like sugar and salt.

2. because i want one. damn it.

i dont agree with giving my LO ice-cream like those for two reasons and not because of the early weaning thing.

1. those ice-creams contain way too much sugar. I am very carefula bout what my baby eats, he has no junk food or "adult" food like crisps/chips because they contain too much crap like sugar and salt.

2. because i want one. damn it.

It was only a joke!! I don't give my baby ice-cream :haha:

Me too, and I had to be dairy free for almost 5 months because LO was intolerant to dairy via my milk so now he has grown out of it I am going on a dairy bender these days! The ice cream van that comes to the park nearby does really nice ones and the guy is very generous, sometimes he only charges 50p for one with a flake :D xx

It was only a joke!! I don't give my baby ice-cream :haha:

well you've thoroughly annoyed me now! i now have crazy cravings for an ice-cream (with a chocolate flake of course) :haha::flower:

white chocolate flake???? you can get it in white chocolate???? where have I been living this whole time :haha: *goes off to google*

i didnt say white i said WITH :haha: nice idea though lets go make millions out of it...oh too late didnt cadburys already come out with a white flake?

omggg do you remember those delicious flakes that had white chocolate in the middle? Were they called Snowflakes? Do they still sell them? Ahh I want one :cry:

MAN those were good

https://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/snowflake2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->