shoes ruined..

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
I brought some new shoes on 23rd of last month from tesco.

And there ruined already. both soles have a hole at the bottom?!

What do i do? I have no receipt to return them :cry: cant afford new shoes atm :cry:

https://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/69003_10152155770560551_1609393560_n.jpg

Funny you should post this....same happened to me last year! OK it was just a £12 pair, but still..............I got about 3 weeks and bam..............HOLES! Couldnt be arsed taking them back though.

Unfortunately they'd probably just say that they can't do anything as you've been wearing them for almost a month already :hugs:.

Do you scuff your feet when you walk? I always ruin shoes quite quickly because I do it, drives my OH mental :haha: xx

Aww no :( They wouldn't refund them without a receipt, plus it's probably too long now as well. You must be gutted they got damaged so quickly :(

Without a receipt you may not get a refund, BUT thats not set in stone as you actually only need proof of purchase, which doesnt have to be a reciept, the fact that they will likely have F&F printed inside them proves they were made and sold by tesco. What it doesn't prove though, is when you bought them, so trying to argue not fit for purpose would be difficult as you can't prove how long you have owned the shoes

I would think that if youbtakenthem to customer services they will do something though

Edited to add: I think it's more than reasonable to expect a pair of shoes to last longer than a few weeks

Have you got a Twitter account? Might be worth tweeting them a picture.

Did you pay cash or card? I've used my card statement for reciepts before

o yeah i liked Union J too :)!

Without a receipt you may not get a refund, BUT thats not set in stone as you actually only need proof of purchase, which doesnt have to be a reciept, the fact that they will likely have F&F printed inside them proves they were made and sold by tesco. What it doesn't prove though, is when you bought them, so trying to argue not fit for purpose would be difficult as you can't prove how long you have owned the shoes

I would think that if youbtakenthem to customer services they will do something though

Edited to add: I think it's more than reasonable to expect a pair of shoes to last longer than a few weeks

YES, if you look on direct.gov I think they have a bit on this, a there are different lifespans that are expected for different items, but shoes really should be longer than a month!

o yeah i liked Union J too :)!

Did you stray into the wrong thread? :haha:

I would email Tesco to complain. Send them a photo and see what they say. I don't think shoes should wear out that quickly, no matter how much they cost!

Wow thats bad my shoes wouldnt look no where near that bad evan after a year!!

I posted a thread similar to this a week pr so back - basically bought boots from new look that sabbotaged my feet and took them back without a receipt and got credit note, if id have had receipt they'd have given me money back onto the card used.

This would come under the 'not fit for purpose' as surely boots should last longer than a month!!

Take them back :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->