Short LP, late AF and 3 BFN

PatriNina

Reaction score
The title kind of sums up what's bothering me :nope:

When I started using OPK tests I discovered that I had a short lutheal phase. I ovulate typically on CD22, with AF showing up earliest on CD30, and latest on CD34 (this happened in May).

But now I'm on CD39 and absolutely torn apart by the 3 BFNs. I am at 17dpo, so for my short LP it would mean I'm 5 days late.

I just want to see it go one way or the other. :cry:

I know there could be a million things influencing a menstrual cycle, but I just can't accept this uncertainty :shrug:

I've had some symptoms, but it might be just my mind playing games.
I had some streaks of blood once, only on toilet paper, at 12dpo (that's why I tested on 14dpo and 16dpo hoping that it was implantation). No such luck, I guess.

So I'm looking for hope or similar experiences. Have you ladies had super late BFPs after a bunch of BFNs?

Hey!
If you ovulated late there is a chance that a HPT may not be detecting HCG just yet. Some women with normal length LP sometimes don't get a positive HPT till much later. I used to have a short LP. Even though I was 5 days late technically I wasn't as I would actually only be 15dpo. Maybe test tomorrow with a pink dye test with FMU. Good luck :flower:

Will hold off testing as long as possible since seeing BFN on another test will probably ruin my mood for our 1 year marriage anniversary (on the 9th). Thanks for the input! <3

Couldn't help it ... tested again at 18 dpo... still BFN.

Sorry u got a BFN. Maybe try again In a couple of days if no AF and have a great wedding anniversary In the meantime &#128522;

The title kind of sums up what's bothering me :nope:

When I started using OPK tests I discovered that I had a short lutheal phase. I ovulate typically on CD22, with AF showing up earliest on CD30, and latest on CD34 (this happened in May).

But now I'm on CD39 and absolutely torn apart by the 3 BFNs. I am at 17dpo, so for my short LP it would mean I'm 5 days late.

I just want to see it go one way or the other. :cry:

I know there could be a million things influencing a menstrual cycle, but I just can't accept this uncertainty :shrug:

I've had some symptoms, but it might be just my mind playing games.
I had some streaks of blood once, only on toilet paper, at 12dpo (that's why I tested on 14dpo and 16dpo hoping that it was implantation). No such luck, I guess.

So I'm looking for hope or similar experiences. Have you ladies had super late BFPs after a bunch of BFNs?

I'm in a similar boat: my LP is typically 8-9 days, though this month I started taking Vitex and B6 (100mg) to lengthen LP and now today is 10DPO and no AF. For me, I am 1 day late, but because the LP is so short, it isn't even "late" on normal standards yet. I'm unsure what to think. Had some brownish/red streaks of blood but only when checking Cervix, nothing on toilet paper or panties.

FX for you!

Trying4first1 Thanks! We enjoyed it, and I tested again on the morning of the anniversary, thinking we'd get a lovely surprise, but it didn't happen. Still no AF, and no cramps. Now 21 dpo and honestly terrified of seeing another BFN.

Angel5000 sorry that you're going through the same thing. Having a short LP kind of plays games on us, huh?
The blood streaks could be plenty of things, especially since it was upon checking the cervix. It could have been even old period blood. Oh well, hope you get some good news! Either getting a better LP length, thus increasing your chances of implantation, or getting the most wanted: BFP! <3

Update here if you have news!

Stay safe, girls!

PatriNina - yes, short LP definitely messes with us! I think AF is just around the corner. Checked my cervix this morning and had thick dark red blood, this looked a lot more like period blood. I suspect if I don't actually start AF today, I'll be clearly spotting rather than just when I check cervix. But, on the absolute plus side, today is 11DPO. Longest LP I've had yet! :)

PatriNina, ohhhh how annoying! I know sometimes BFPs don't show up until AF is several weeks late, but the wait must be crazy. Were you temping this cycle? Are you positive you O'd on cd22?

Fx for you! We need another BFP in our short luteal phase group!

Is there a short LP group thread? I'd love to "hang out" with other peeps in my situation! :)

Angel5000 there was a short LP thread but I got too discouraged and stopped posting so I don't know if it's still active. I know one lovely lady there got a BFP <3
Oh and great news on that LP length!!!

alikat27 I'm positive O was on CD22, that's why the waiting game is so hard. I still haven't temped, but by now I can tell by crams and CM plus I'm using OPKs.

So we'll just see what happens. I don't even know when to test anymore... I'm running out of cheapies and pregnancy tests are crazy expensive here. I've done an expensive one at 16dpo I think.

Stay safe ladies! Will update if things go one way or the other :)

Glad you had a great anniversary patriNina &#128512; obviously a BFP would have been lovely but maybe it will be soon! Keep us updated :flower:
:dust:

22 dpo today... no Af in sight.
Took a test on an impulse because I was getting super emotional...
Mid-day test, with lots of water drinking, and (not even surprised) BFN!

I got emotional because while Google-ing I saw a post from a lady in a similar situation as mine (another forum, not B&B), and the first response was "you're not pregnant! if you're 10 days late and you get a BFN then just wait it out until AF starts". Someone then suggested a dr. appointment and the same lady replied "that's not worth it. getting a blood test in this situation would just be wasting everyone's time and money".

Jeezz that rallied me up... I mean I can understand a bit of tough love, but this "lady" was super condescending. If it weren't an old post, I would have written a novel-post as a reply to her nasty-toned replies.

Oh well... I'm just an emotional mess right now. And today's stark white test isn't helping.

Hope you girls are doing better than I am! Just needed to vent <3

Hugs. I haven't read everything. I will say, I have been on just about every pregnancy board possible from scares as a teen to unplanned pregnancies to now ttc. This is the ONLY site I have not seen any negativity. I'm not sure what this site does, if it's the mods, or what but other sites are just downright disrespectful and cruel sometimes. I know TTC for a long time can mess with a person's emotions, but idk.

Now, as for you. 22dpo and no sign of AF is no bueno. My gyn usually advises taking a pregnancy test the day of or day after a missed period. If negative, repeat. If that test is negative, then I have to come in for bloodwork/ an exam. So I say it is worth giving your gyn a ring to see what (s)he wants to do. Hugs.

DobbyForever thanks for replying! I needed those virtual hugs <3

I've checked and in my country the doctors won't refer you to blood work until you're at least 14 days late, so I'll have to wait it out I guess.

You're spot on with the negativity! This is why I stayed with B&B :) The ladies here are supportive and even if they're sharing tough love, they do it with a mentality of "I've been there and I want to spare you the heartache", not just to bring you down.

No AF still, and I won't be testing until 14 days late. Will update!

I understand the negativity thing! I used to use a different app along with FF and the forums that went with the app were so negative and horrible that I dropped the app altogether. These forums are a godsend, even if I don't get as many answers to threads as I want sometimes. :)

No fun. I am realizing I am very spoiled at my clinic. Which is weird because Kaiser used to be super anal about letting you get anything done. So you have about another week to wait out? Hugs. Try to keep busy

One week seems like an eternity honestly :)

I've been doing OPKs along with each pregnancy test because I'm noticing (TMI alert) an increase in milky, slightly stretchy, yellowish CM. The OPKs are negative as well, so I'm not ovulating.

I thought my body's just gearing up for a new cycle, and that this cycle just skipped ovulation, regardless of my definite O signs on CD22.

24 dpo, 10 days late, no AF in sight
- light to mild cramping
- very emotional
- lower abdomen always seems "full"
- milky slightly-stretchy yellow CM (abundant)

Just putting these down so when I finally have an update maybe it can help others that are Google ing what I've been for days now :)

Stay safe ladies!

Sorry for the double post, but wanted to reply too!

Angel5000 Well I've got you lovely ladies, so I'm not leaving this forum anytime soon :) Plus that I can browse for hours and see that I'm not the only one that can't understand her body anymore :)

DobbyForever not even my work can keep my mind as busy as I'd like. This "thing" is on my mind 24/7. And my hubby and mom are super hopeful that this is it. Hubby could tell that it's been a while since AF was here, and I tell my mom everything. So either way for them it won't be a surprise haha :)

One week seems like an eternity honestly :)

I've been doing OPKs along with each pregnancy test because I'm noticing (TMI alert) an increase in milky, slightly stretchy, yellowish CM. The OPKs are negative as well, so I'm not ovulating.

I thought my body's just gearing up for a new cycle, and that this cycle just skipped ovulation, regardless of my definite O signs on CD22.

24 dpo, 10 days late, no AF in sight
- light to mild cramping
- very emotional
- lower abdomen always seems "full"
- milky slightly-stretchy yellow CM (abundant)

Just putting these down so when I finally have an update maybe it can help others that are Google ing what I've been for days now :)

Stay safe ladies!

Hey girl, I just wanted to offer some support. I"m in the exact same boat, but no abundant cm.
I have your symptoms exactly, plus nausea (threw up a few times), and my nipples just decided they should hurt the other day. Other than that, i have zero breast symptoms at all, which is disspointing bc I love my pms boobs bc it's th only time I actually have them! lol

I'm headed to my GP today, I'm hoping they will give me a blood test to rule out a pregnancy or confirm.

BFN on all but one HPT since 12DPO and blazing BFP on OPK at cd9 then 12dpo, 19dpo, and today. No clue.

Hang in there. hopefully I can get some kind of answer that will transfer to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->