Should i ignore my new date??

bambib

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Wanting a little advice on whether to put any faith in my new due date or not?

I went for my 20 scan on friday (all looking good :thumbup::happydance: ) and they have moved my due date forward by a week, so by my dates i am 20wks 2days and due on 1st April, but baby is measuring 21wks 2days and is due on 24th March according to the hospital. I know exactly when i conceived and it fits perfectly with my original date.

Bit worried bout new date to be honest, i dont want to be getting my hopes up and then getting really frustrated when, by their date, im late, and i really dont want to be induced and that's gonna be much more likely now if there date isnt right. That and i cant remember how i got my ticker on here and dont want to have to go and change it ;)

So should i just ignore it or not??

They dont usually change your dates on the 20 week scan as baby can measure 2 weeks bigger and they still stick with your dates. Did they say they was gona change it or just said baby was meauring bigger? i would stick to your original dates tho just to save the frustrationg if baby doesnt arrive by the earlier date hehe x

Due dates from the first trimester tend to be more accurate. Babies grow at the same rate in the early weeks. By 20 weeks there is much more variation. I'd say you can just expect a bigger/longer than average baby. Think of it as a good thing that he/she is growing big and strong already!

I wouldn't have expected them to change your official due date, perhaps ask your midwife about the reason for this.

Nope, they changed my dates in my Maternity Chart, and made me move other appointments around to fit in with new date. Said it was the policy had always been to move them if they were a week+ out like mine but that now they were moving them even if they were only a day out, which seems crazy to me!

Does seem very odd, my DS was 2 weeks ahead at 20 week scan and they didnt say anything to me n i kept my original DD and he was born on that day lol. Ask your midwife but id def say your original date is the most accurate :)

I agree they normally just tell you but dont change it because the first tri one is the date they go by. Id double check with the midwife and ask which one your now meant to go by.

Hmm, if they've changed your date and therefore your notes - I don't see that you have the option to ignore the new date? They've kind of made it final by changing it all.

I can't imagine if you get to 1st April whilst they're saying "induction" they're not going to listen if you try to suggest that is your actual EDD when all your notes say you were due a week previously!?

Mine was changed at my 20 week scan with my 1st pregnancy, but i was measuring a week behind. The midwife changed it automatically so i didnt get a choice whether to keep my original date. See what your mw says and go by her

i would keep to your old date hun. In your mind anyway. If little one comes early then yey but i can tell you from experience that a moved date can drive you nuts when they date comes and goes.

Last year with my son i calculated that he was due 21st nov. They moved him to 14th nov after 13 week scan.
Then the 14th nov stuck. It came and went. It drove me crazy. People kept saying 'anything yet?' and i mean all the time. All day long. Arrrrgggghhh.

Anyway the midwifes still did what they would if baby was due 14th nov. They did a sweep on the 14th and then another on the 21st but nothing. Booked for induction on the 25th and the midwife said your already 2-3 cm's and looks like you would have been coming in on your own anyway in the next day. :dohh:

Those days from 14th nov to 25th seemed to be the longest ever.

You know your dates and keep them in your brain. :) xx

I was measuring +5 days ahead at my 20 week scan but they didnt move my date.. Im surprsied they have to be honest with you I would deffo ask your midwife...

Maybe your baby is just measuring big? xx

Im very sure that baby is just measuring big, but when i asked the midwives (asked 2 of them!) and the sonographer about it they basically said 'tough, the way we do it is by your 20 wk scan' which made no sense whatsoever to me as it's less accurate. But hey, i'm just gonna stick with my original dates in my head and fingers crossed they'll change their minds again before i have to tell them i dont allow them to induce me going by the new date.

I had a scan at 11 weeks and baby was measuring a week ahead (12 weeks)...my OB said that it doesn't really make a difference and they stick with the original due date as a due date isn't an exact date anyways, it just means your baby will most likely be born within a week either way of that date.

I would go with your own dates, mine have changed too and im just sticking to my own date and midwife's when I went to my booking in appointment, to be honest not all babies come on the day they are due

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->