Should I or shouldn't I? What do you think?

J

Jessa

Hi All,

I've had two miscarriages since last June (all in the span of about 9 months). The first was at 7 weeks and the second was in February at 17 weeks. They didn't do any testing to find out why and chalked it up to "we'll never know".

Here's my question: My family doctor is going to refer me to the best obstetrician in our city when we get pregnant again, but I'm wondering whether it would be beneficial for us to meet with the obstetrician first and talk to him about our experiences. I'm on medication for a hypothyroid and I'm Rh-, just to complicate matters a bit more.

What would you guys do? Would you ask to be referred now, before I'm pregnant again?

Thanks for your advice.

I would ask to be referred b4 you get pregnant again a chat and soem advice may help you :hugs:

Same here, for peace of mind if nothing else.Might make you feel better

I would.. just so that you can meet the new dr.. and get acquainted (sp??)

Im Rh- also.. I had never heard of this until after my mc..

I would try to see him before hand. Not sure if would help but would certainly make you feel better.

Hi Jessa. After my second miscarriage, my doctor referred me right away to a gynecologist. I am in the middle of doing some testing: have had a saline infusion sonogram last cycle, and am booked in for an endometrial biopsy in May. It's def worth a try to get in before becoming pregnant again. I am also from Ontario, and was told that some, not all testing can be done after having two miscarriages. They won't do any genetic testing until three. Please ask what your options are beforehand. It's worth looking into. Take care hun. :hugs:

Hi Hun, nice to see you about again, hope you're doing ok.

If it were me I would probably go before, that way some of your questions or fears may be dealt with and get your pregnancy off to a positive start with you feeling more relaxed about everything.

Go with whatever feels right for you hun x

Hi Jessa,

I am so sorry for your losses. I would definitely agree with the girls that if you are able to get some guidance before you fall pregnant it will probably help you next time around.
If your doctor is able to do some testing it will help put your mind at ease.

Best of luck to you and Todteach, may you next babies be sticky.

Hey. I think it would be a good idea to try and meet with the person before getting pregnant then you may feel that your under the best care from day one hope that makes sense? sorry for your losses xxx

I think its worth going before hand also because they can do test or just have a conversation that may be helpful in conceiving and preparing for that pregnancy.

Thanks for all your responses. It's weird because one side of me says that I should go and talk about our experiences with the obstetrician before we get pregnant again. Then, the other side of me doesn't want to go. Not sure whether it's that I'd be admitting that there may be a problem or because I just want to keep trying to think positively and assuming that everything will be fine next time. Not sure....

I had a little breakdown today. Fought back tears all day and then they just came flooding out for an hour after I got home from work this afternoon. Not sure whether I'm losing it or what. I'm just so frustrated that we're only one more cycle short of trying for a year now and all I've got to show for it are two miscarriages and a whole lot of pain, frustration, hurt, disappointment....

:hugs: it can be a difficult process, and I think even more so when you are actively trying and have had some technical difficulties if you will. They say up to a year even 2 years is a healthy amount of time to keep trying, so don't be discouraged. After waiting out this shot it'll be 1 year for me as well. It is a little disappointing that it hasn't happened yet but I want to believe we are just moving closer to it. Again :hugs: and continue to cry and talk out your grief, thats ok to do. But also remind yourself how wonderful you guys are and keep some positives in there to keep each other encouraged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->