Should I put LO (6 weeks) upstairs for evening nap?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
My LO has a bath at 6, then massage and then has her milk ready for bed but she is then coming back downstairs with us until we go to bed (so obviously the lights are on/tv is on etc). We put her in her rocker or pram carrycot and we take her upstairs at 10 for a feed and put her down for the night in her Moses basket.
I'm conscious of the fact that LO should sleep in the same room as me until she is 6 months, but I'm wondering whether I should put her upstairs for her evening nap until we come up for bed at 10 or should we continue doing what we are doing until she is a bit older?

Our LO (10 weeks) stays with us. I would not yet be comfortable with her sleeping upstairs alone. In any case, I go to bed as early as possible!

We started putting lo up at about 3 weeks, and it worked great. Used our monitor and frequent checking, and now she is totally used to going to bed at 8-8.30pm upstairs

I dont see why not, just have the monitor on and make sure blankets etc that you use are secure xx

I can't remember how old Thomas was when we started putting him upstairs, think he was 6-8 weeks. He goes to bed at 7 and I go bed at 10-11ish and check on him every 20-30 minutes and have a baby monitor. I also have the fan on a medium setting to regulate the air.

He actually started to sleep a lot better when we started putting him upstairs but I did worry a lot at first. It's nice to have a bit of time to myself in the evenings to watch a bit of tv.

We started putting ds upstairs after his bath/milk/story at around 3-4 weeks. He is now 9 weeks and it has definitely been a success. Not once have we had to pick him up from his cot after bedtime, until the first feed. It means me and dh get some alone time, and ds sleeps a lot better.

I'm going to give it a go tonight. My LO sleeps in a grobag so don't have to worry about the blankets. I'll put the monitor on and keep checking on her.

We started putting lo upstairs at about 6 weeks when he started falling asleep on one of us at about 8pm. We have a video monitor and movement/breathing monitor i probably wouldnt of been able to do it if i didnt have those.

Yeah Millie has been going to bed upstairs at 7/8ish for a few weeks. I check every 15-20mins and go to bed about 11.

Well she has been upstairs around 45 minutes and I've checked on her 3 times already. I feel lost without her in the room.
Me and OH have actually been able to dinner tonight though with both hands and in peace!

Mines been for 45 mins & i've checked 3 times too. Totally normal. & it's only a few second check.

Nice that you're spending time with OH! I'm single but enjoying some me time after I tidied! :D

Yup! Great idea. I do the same. Dd is 5 weeks tomorrow and tonight I gave her her usual bath at 8pm but instead of coming back down I fed her and put her down in her crib in her room. She's been sleeping for 2 hrs! I'm going in for a dream feed at 11 pm and then hopefully she'll do her stretch for the night ( 5 hrs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->