Should I tell?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by RJ2, Jan 25, 2011.

1. RJ2

RJ2 Mum to 2

2. Mollykins

Mollykins Well-Known Member

She's your best friend love, even if it may upset her... how much would it upset her to know that you kept it from her? No matter how noble the intentions? If she really is your best friend... she will be happy for you even if it's hard for her to take in the face of her 4th attempt at IVF. :hugs: I'm sorry this is so hard for you... and her but you can do it and all will be well. :hugs:

3. Amygdala

Amygdala Well-Known Member

I think it'll probably be easier for her to hear it now, rather than after potentially another failed attempt. So I would tell her but be careful about it and make sure she knows that you understand if she needs some time to process this news. She'll more than likely still be over the moon for you!

4. kimbotrav

kimbotrav Well-Known Member

as long as ure caring the way u do it im sure she would prefer u could tell her than not :) i know i would :) xxxxx

5. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

I agree on telling her now just incase she has another failed attempt.
    I had to tell a friend who had not long miscarried after IVF. For us we could understand each other as she knew what I had been through with my ex so although it was incredibly sad we could have been pregnant together, she was still happy for me.

Hopefully your friend can be too. She may, naturally, find it upsetting so be prepared to be sensitive to this. It is a shame you can't just tell her as you normally would and expect a great reaction but it is important to tell her.

Good luck. And congratulations!

6. RJ2

RJ2 Mum to 2

Thank all for your advice. I told her last night and she was really please for me and told me she wasn't upset at all. Today is Australia Day so she is coming around with a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne to celebrate.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd401a.aspxglobal.thebump.com/tickers/ttd18e6.aspx[/img][/url]

7. Mollykins

Mollykins Well-Known Member

Aww that's marvelous love! See? All worked out well! :hugs: