Should pregnant women consider themselves mothers and celebrate mothers day?

Yes! Regardless of whether you are holding your baby in your arms or not, you're still a mom :)

I totally agree that if you are pregnant then you are a mother!!!...however... a lot depends what mothers day signifies to you weather you celebrate it before you have your child or not. For me I didn't celebrate it while pregnant, partly because, for me, mothers day is about showing your mother how much they mean to you, I like to think of mothers day as the day I get to say to/show my mum thank you for raising me, for putting up with me when i was difficult (and god knows we were all difficult at some point towards our parents), for kissing my skint knees, for supporting me when I was heartbroken, for providing for me financially even though it meant going without your self etc. For me, I just want to spend time with my mother and son on mothers day, but in the way i look at mothers day I am not entirely sure how I could celebrate it without those two people physically with me. All this being said, I completely understand that others will view mothers day in a completely different way and therefore it may be appropriate for them to celebrate it during pregnancy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->