show me your tattoos !

Here's mine, ignore the crappy cell phone quality picture. It's much nicer looking in person :p

But its supposed to look like it was drawn in colored pencil. I was amazed at how well the artist did it :)

I plan on getting at least one more after baby is born, I'm planning a big memorial piece on my thigh or shoulder (giving the artist the choice) for my grandfathers whom have both now passed away.

Attachments

• f5fabfa768915208d6240cc51b260cdf.jpg
    f5fabfa768915208d6240cc51b260cdf.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 26
Love this one but regret having it done on my hand because it has faded a lot

My hand one was redone a few weeks after, they had warned me that would happen, hence why a lot of artists refuse to do it. It lasted better, perhaps a touch up would do the trick?

I've thought of getting it touched up but I'm scared it will go worse. All the colour has kind of spread. My tattoo artist (he didn't do my hand) says it looks a right mess :nope:

https://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q602/Jes-shortcake/imagejpg1_zpsbc219afc.jpg

I've always wanted a sleeve. My husband and I would like to get tattoos of our LO.

936592_10200465324528540_66995024_n.jpg

DD's birthday. Planning on getting one for DS soon.

This is my back piece which is the Garden of Eden. Then my leg which has a fallen angel at the bottom and the gate keeper at the top, once I have lost the baby weight i will be getting the two leg pieces joined up so it a full leg sleeve.

My original plan as for my leg to represent Hell and then get a arm sleeve which would be Heaven...but it already hard enough to keep them all covered at work.

I want to get two pocket watches done for the boys with there initials and time they were born/ either that or a compass with the cordinates of where they were born - all done old school wit red roses and scrolls ect - just debating on placement at the moment.

Attachments

• 2012-06-22 12.00.57 (1) (1) n.jpg
    2012-06-22 12.00.57 (1) (1) n.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20120622_120114.jpg
    20120622_120114.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 3
  • 20120622_120136_zpsf78b8c59.jpg
    20120622_120136_zpsf78b8c59.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 4
https://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q602/Jes-shortcake/imagejpg1_zpsbc219afc.jpg

I've always wanted a sleeve. My husband and I would like to get tattoos of our LO.

I love that but I'd never be brave enough to get something like that!

My hand one was redone a few weeks after, they had warned me that would happen, hence why a lot of artists refuse to do it. It lasted better, perhaps a touch up would do the trick?

I've thought of getting it touched up but I'm scared it will go worse. All the colour has kind of spread. My tattoo artist (he didn't do my hand) says it looks a right mess :nope:

I don't think it looks too bad tbh! I know the first time i got mine done the specifically made it thinner than they wanted as they knew the colour would spread. That's why most tattoo artists I know tried to put me off the idea, it was really popular when Cheryl was rocking it.

10329061_10152396268259318_1961953828471933669_n.jpg

Honestly I think yours is fine! And a bit of good moisuriser will brighten it!

I don't think it looks too bad tbh! I know the first time i got mine done the specifically made it thinner than they wanted as they knew the colour would spread. That's why most tattoo artists I know tried to put me off the idea, it was really popular when Cheryl was rocking it.

10329061_10152396268259318_1961953828471933669_n.jpg

Honestly I think yours is fine! And a bit of good moisuriser will brighten it!

I might get it redone when I'm not skint.. It's going to hurt though isn't it? My cover up hurt like mad.

I love your Alex tattoo!

I might get it redone when I'm not skint.. It's going to hurt though isn't it? My cover up hurt like mad.

That I dont know, I only was told yesterday my Gaga one might hurt as its going over bits? I dont know, maybe modified knows :rofl:

lol! There's no reason it should hurt any more than it did first time round. There are occasions where it will though, for example if the original artist had too heavy a hand or worked the skin too much, he might have created some scar tissue -you might find that more painful. If you looked at my photos though, you'll see I've got various tattoos over varying degrees of scar tissue (much bigger than anything that might be in your hand) and I didn't find it any more sore than "clean" skin. Also, if the new artist has a bit of a heavier hand than the previous one, there'll be a bit more discomfort. The guy I go to has such a gentle touch, I barely feel a thing! But the 2 girls who have done other pieces on me have heavier hands. Not enough to cause scar tissue but enough that it feels more painful than when my usual guy is working the skin :)

Tips for keeping black tattoos black? They'll never stay jet black - once it's well healed, you've got a thin layer of dying skin over the top of it that very much dulls it down. If you ever just scrape the skin over a tattoo, you might notice that little patch is much more black or vibrant in colour than the rest - it's the dead skin cells. A good skin care regime is quite important in keeping the integrity of tattoos. Keep your skin moisturised and never expose them to sun, even pale winter sun, without sun protection over them.

How you heal also has a basis in how the colour looks once healed too, of course. This is my aftercare regime no matter how big the tattoo, what colour it is or where it is. I was warned numerous times that my knuckle, knee cap and foot tattoos will need at least a second going over because of their locations. I was warned that the white ink I've got in numerous tattoos, including hands, knuckles and feet, would either not stay in at all or go yellow with age (this is true for many, many people) but none of that has happened. I put it down to the way I look after them.

- Tattoo done and wrapped in clingfilm
- Home, in the shower as hot as I can stand it
- Out, pat the tattoo dry and apply a very thin layer of bepanthen. I never put the clingfilm back on.
- Whenever the tattoo feels like it's starting to dry out a bit, I apply a thin layer of bepanthen. More often for the bigger pieces, less for the smaller.
- I keep that up until the skin starts to flake which happens for me within a day or 2 for smaller pieces and within 3 days for bigger pieces. Once it starts to flake, I switch to cocoa butter and apply like bepanthen - as and when it starts to feel a bit dry.

I've never had a tattoo scab over. A lot of people do scab over and believe that's normal - I don't think it is. I think they just haven't found an aftercare regime that works with their body and the way it heals.

I only knew about the hot water thing when I got gaga :dohh: oh that is a bugger that one!

I think it's really important, especially for heavier black pieces like my camera on my thigh. My husband has his arm completely blacked out and that's notorious for going quite patchy when healing because it's so heavy but he's always done the hot-as-you-can-stand-it shower and it's been perfect after just one hit :D

What's the hot shower thing?

I'll keep your routine in mind, modified! (If you don't mind :haha:)

xxx

i dont have photos but i have..
a butter fly and stars going half way down my spine starting at my neck. this was for my grandma who when she was in hospital explained one day she may fly to the stars just like a butterfly does..
i have rosary style beads round my ankle, not traditional rosary beads.. ill try get a pic on here but the beads are like rosary beads, the cross is different though, this is because im not actually religious, so thought it was wrong to have the proper rosary beads on.. although i used to wear them all the time..

i now want a quote on my sholder, either saying;
we only part (on one) to meet again (on the other)..
god broke our hearts to prove he only takes the best
always in my heart, forever by my side.
i want this for all my family members that have sadly passed away.

i also want to add to my spine tat, a white lung cancer ribbon, for my nan and grandad & a red (alcohol awareness- for my grandma)
unsure about the white ribbon though as ive heard solid white tattoos dont last as white is used as a highlighter??

i then cant decide on the tat i want for my little boy, i either want his name in 'irish style font' (as his name is irish) or i was going to wait until he writes his name for the first time and have that tattood somewhere, i cant deicde..

Post longer than it needed to be LOL..
lovely tats ladies

The son of Ed Hardy recommends this, which explains the hot water thing

The idea of washing the tattoo with cold water is comforting, but bad. When you take of the initial bandage (after at LEAST 4 or 5 hours, longer [up to 24 hours] is better), you MUST MUST MUST wash the tattoo thoroughly in water as hot as you can stand it, then a little bit hotter. You want any dried lymph and blood to be able to loosen up a bit. Showers are great, but do NOT soak it in a bathtub, swimming pool, hot tub, or a lake or ocean.

Although you do NOT want to use a washcloth or sponge on your healing tattoo at all, you DO want to thoroughly and somewhat aggressively wash the living hell out of your tattoo with your fingertips and soapy water to make sure that you get ALL of the coagulated blood and lymph off of the tattoo. Leaving any of this on the tattoo will lead to a scab, which means a rough healing process that can leave you with a fuzzy, busted tattoo. After washing, pat the tattoo dry with a paper towel and then apply a TINY amount of Bepanthen ointment (you can find this in Boots. A TINY AMOUNT is the key. You do not want to smother your tattoo in a slather of goo, just put enough on for the tattoo to absorb.

My tattoo guy told me to do the hot water thing, he said to keep it wrapped up until I got home then give it a good wash with warm water and keep applying any kind of barrier cream to keep it moist. I've never had any of mine scab over either.

Yeah, that's the basic advice I've always followed. Take how long to keep your tattoo covered with a pinch of salt, though - keeping mine covered promoted a lot of irritation so I remove mine as soon as I'm home and don't cover it back up. It's basically just about listening to your body and adapting basic aftercare to you.

I didn't know about the hot water thing :( the guy that does my tattoos just says to wash with warm soapy water and then but bepantham on.. A few years ago he used to say to put savalon on.

What we were talking about before about the cover up... I had a tattoo on my shoulder which I had covered and it hurt like hell the tattooist said it was because he had to go in deeper or something :shrug:

I was using cocoa butter but tbh im not keen on it now i realise it has parfum in the ingredients. :dohh: so i have been using coconut oil

Basically, if I wouldnt use it on toris bum, im not using it on my tatt :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->