Sibling gifts?

Smanderson

Reaction score
Do you get gifts for your children to give to each other? DH thinks we should but my sis said she doesn't. idk, I see her point, it's yet another set of gifts each year but on the other hand it would be so sweet...

We dont get any from us or siblings. All from santa or other family and friends. They have never questioned it

Ill probably take daughter's lead on this if she wants to get baby something next year I'll let her pick.out something small and then buy something " from baby" for her.. but if she doesn't I'm certainly not going to push it.

No we have never done that. Perhaps when they're older with pocket money etc and they ask to buy a gift. OHs youngest sister is 15 and has bought us some little gifts out of her own money, which is sweet.

Yes we do in our house, they love going out and choosing something for eachother and find it hard to keep it a secret but this present is one I love watching them open to see both reactions as I take a couple of pound out of their money boxes so they feel like they have brought it :)

I do but just something little. I think its nice for the older one to pick something for her sister.

We dont get any from us or siblings. All from santa or other family and friends. They have never questioned it

This. My parents also did it this way and not once did any of us (5 of us) question it.

We do. DS loves picking something out for his sister, dd is was too young last year so we got something for her to give him. She will be 2.5 this year so may take her out and let her pick something. DS always looks so proud when dd opens his gift.
Last year we said his tmnt sewer house thing was from dd. He tells everyone proudly that it was from, his baby sister, he kept thanking her and telling her how she was the best sister ever. I think it's adorable.

We do. I'll give each daughter $5-$10 to pick something out for the other. They really like picking out gifts for each other and I think it's a good way to encourage giving.

We only do it for birthdays. My daughter has asked if we can do a secret santa this year, just the 5 of us, so might do that!

Yes we do, I usually just pick something out of their Santa presents (and use different wrapping paper of course) I am keen for them to give as well as receive at Christmas, will get DS1 to actually pick this year. I can imagine it would be more epic with more than 2 kids though!

Last year we didn't. It was Scarlett's first Christmas and Alex was just about to turn 4 so wouldnt of really understood. We might get them a little gift to give each other this year though.

Thanks everyone, The stories of those giving to siblings are so cute i also really like idea of them learning to give as well as receive. I think we will go for it and put a limit of £5-£10 so it's not too much every year but enough to have a little choice as they get older. Ds1 really remembers the coming home gift ds2 gave him and talks about it a lot saying that was really kind of him so I think he's old enough to understand. Thanks again for all your advice Xx

This is all still very new to me having 2 young ones but I plan on doing some presents from Santa, some from Mummy & Daddy and then one to each other and then as they get older they can chose that present themselves

stockings on beds too and they are always from Santa as I loved that as a kid :cloud9:

and then they will get presents from family & friends too

SO MUCH FUN

I let ds1 choose a gift each for his brothers to be "from Santa's elf" because he knows the deal and I wanted him to feel special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->