Sick of family making comments - what do you think?

DreamCatcher_

Reaction score
Myself and OH haven't even decided on names, we don't know the gender yet and I'm only 15+1. However, we do have one boys name and two girls names that we like and have spoken about them. Recently both DM and DMIL have asked about names and my mum didn't like the boys name and DMIL and DSIL didn't like the girls name.

I went through this with my DS and I know I'll snap if people stick their oars in again. It's not their name, it is not their child's name, it's not their opinion that matters.

Now my rant is over, what do you think of the names we have spoken about?

Oliver for a boy and Aria or Amelia for a girl.

I understand this may change, but I really didn't think either of those three were that awful!

They're all lovely names. :)

We would have named my LO Oliver had she been a boy and my mom didn't like it but that didn't matter to me. My mom and I are extremely close but when it came to naming my LO the only people who needed to like the names were my DH and I.

I think if the names were way out there then it might be worth taking other people's reactions into consideration because you don't necessarily want to name your kid something that everyone is going to pull a face at, but the names you've chosen are all established, nice names.

I think they're lovely names. Your family shouldn't be making negative comments about Them. It's your choice!

Thank you, I couldn't understand what was so god awful about them! DS doesn't have an out there or otherwised themed name, so it's not like they'd clash awfully.

I love those names! Both Aria and Amelia would be on my list if OH hadn't shot them down. Honestly though I've noticed ppl LOVE butting in. My family hates all the names I like too and make stupid comments so I've learned to just say we haven't picked a name. They'll find out when the kid is born then hopefully they'll be polite enough to keep it to themselves since it'll be "too late". Just ignore them, it's your baby and your time to enjoy! :kiss:

They are lovely names
Aria & Amelia are both very popular just now where I live
If you and her OH like them that's all that matters xx

My partner and I have chosen to not tell our family our babies name until theyre born (I'm currently a little over 16 weeks). Everyone was so horrid to my sister when it came to her choosing a name for her son and she told me if there's any advice I choose to follow it should be to keep the name a secret or simply ignore everyone and go with what we want.

We've had this babies name picked out long before they were conceived. We're not going to tell people and risk having them spoil it now.

I like them.

Against my better judgement I told my mum Dylan's name before he was born even though we weren't intending to, and she didn't like it. Tough, we used it anyway. I'm definitely not telling anyone this time. My mum keeps trying to get Dyl to spill the beans so it's annoying as we can't talk to him about it either as he probably wouldn't keep it secret.

Gorgeous names! I hate how people feel entitled to say what they want to pregnant people, with DD I told people what names we were thinking at work and they'd say "you can't call them that, I don't like it!" So I'd tell them not to worry, they don't have to call their kids that if they don't want too. My mum hated Leighton which is what we were gonna call this one and then we changed our minds. Mum's not allowed to know LOs name now, no one does and it feels so much better! Only DH, DD and I (and all of you) know and I don't have to suffer through a single unwanted remark on his name

I think they are lovely names!

My family has lost the privilege of hearing our suggestions after making stupid remarks about names before our daughter was born. This time they will know when the baby is born and then they can keep their opinion to their self (I hope).

Do not tell anyone the name you have picked, people are comfortable being rude and opinionated before the baby is born but after you have formally announced the birth and the name people suddenly remember their manners!

Thanks everyone. Even if we do use those names we won't be confirming anything until after he/she arrives.

I feel like telling people it's getting calles Princess Consuela Bananahammock just to shut them up.

I think they are nice names and I would keep the names to yourself so that no family members can have an opinion.

Hearing their negative responses I was expecting to see names along the lines of chair leg and table! those are lovely names! Tell them to keep their opinions to themselves, when we picked dd's name we said we wouldn't tell them if they couldn't guarantee to keep their mouths shut.

When I started to read your post and before I read your names I was imagining something like Boyo or Maylillifitz or Crystallianer or the like, not three beautiful names.

I never told anyone my daughter's name or ideas. We just announced her name when she was born. People are so happy to give their opinion before the baby is born.

Having said that my fil did ask us when we were changing the baby's name a few days after she was born. Her name is Seren.

Thanks everyone. Even if we do use those names we won't be confirming anything until after he/she arrives.

I feel like telling people it's getting calles Princess Consuela Bananahammock just to shut them up.

Yes. I told people my baby was going to be called Titsen Vag or Champagne Poledancer, or India Rain Pashmini (I actually like India Rain) or that I was going to name her after my favourite actress, Honor Blackman....Pussy Galore. (I actually really like Honor too).

All those names are really really beautiful. My advice is keep it a secret from now on you ha e great taste in names. Surprise them and they can't say anything 😄

Thanks everyone. I need to try to get OH to keep his mouth shut, it's his first and he's a little bit over excited haha!

Oh I'm borrowing this idea! Getting so annoyed with people asking what baby's name is, even strangers! Seems so odd to me so from now I'm I'll reply "crap bag" :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->