Sick....

some people are really sick. :( It makes me sad that people are so dishonest and take genuine care and concern for granted. :(

xxx

Sweetheart, big hugs. I do understand what you are saying. Losing Bobo was the most awful thing I have ever faced. When my Mum died I never thought that I would feel pain like that but our wee man dying and giving birth to him tore me apart. I would never wish that on anyone. I was part of SANDS and it was my sanctuary, where I could talk about our son and the loss of our hopes and dreams. When the trolls were found in there I felt violated. I had shared something so special and precious with people who I thought were going through the same thing. And most were. I dont think these people have the slightest inkling of the pain they cause others.

I have been so impressed with admin here. They really seem to be on the ball and try so hard to keep this site 'safe'.

I hope a brighter day is on the horizon for you

lesley
x

omg i never thought in a million years people would do that i'm so shocked!!!!! xxx

There aren't many times I use this word but I absolutely despise people who tells lies and the internet is a breeding ground for people who like to fabricate stories for attention. I haven't seen any of the threads mentioned but I know some of the ladies were talking about them in the chatroom last week - it saddens me to think that people would make up such stories but in a way it doesn't suprise me.

Like you say Drazic these people are sick, they obviously have a screw loose in one way or another. It also disgusts me as I doubt they have ever suffered a loss like many of the women on here have done - something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy no matter how much I disliked them.

It is good to see that the admins on here take trolls like this seriously and hopefully in one way or another karma will come and bite them on the bum eventually.

Some people obviously have WAY too much time on their hands!

As others have said, the internet is an easy place for someone to deceive everyone on.

It's always upsetting to find out someone you have trusted and supported is actually a liar and has made up some or all of the things they have said. But I think it is 100% worse when you have lost a baby and someone has lied about that. I would give anything to have all three of my babies here, I don't want the attention, I want my children. I can't imagine being so desperate for attention that I would make up a child, let alone make up a child who has died.

I never put pictures of Elisabeth on the internet and none of my scan pictures are on here either. We didn't get any pictures of Ally other than one blurry scan photo. There are pictures of Joseph but I have taken lots off of all the sites I use to protect him too.

These people don't seem to care about the distress they are causing bereaved parents or anyone else, and it's dispicable to steal a photo of someone elses scan or baby, especially if that baby has passed away.

I think the admins here are doing a great job and I like that they are open about issues like these. I used another forum where people who were suspected of lying would just vanish and little or nothing was said about it. I much prefer this way of open honesty. The couple on here who have recently been removed reminded me of a couple on that other forum, so much went on, friendships were made, support was given, they gave out mobile numbers and then it all turned out to be lies. It was very distressing.

But the good thing is, there are 1000s of people on here and just a tiny, tiny few can't be trusted. That's a good thing to remember when things like this seem to be happening a lot.

omg! I've just been reading through this thread with my jaw wide open, am in shock, I cant help but feel violated. Why? I dont understand? why would anyone pretend to be going through all the horrible things I have experienced in the last two weeks and will probably never forget?this is so upsetting, the reassuring thing is that admin are doing something about it.

It's sad and absolutely disgusting. You have all been through too much pain as it is, to then have people like this be so disrespectful and attention seeking is just cruel

:hugs: xx

Oh my God my jaw has carpet burn! I just cannot believe this thread, thanks for keeping us in the loop Drazic and sorry you've been feeling emo. I think I must be v. naive never even considered that anything like that would be going on in a forum such as this! Some people are v. v. sick!!!

Hey, me too, I don't think I have been in contact with anyone. They are lonely sad individuals, shame on them.

Cold shivers thinking about them x

i would never have thought people would lie so much on the net. it's only when i read the thread about the car crash story being a lie, that i realised there are people out there with serious issues.
it does sicken me.
i like the fact this forum is so strictly modded though, they take the time to research into it and then remove the person, and let us know about it.

I truly cannot believe what I've just read! How f***ed up are these people!? I'm shocked, appalled and damn right angry! Do they have no respect! What on earth would motivate a person to lie about such things! I would do absolutely anything to still have our Little Baby Jesse but I don't have that choice and it rips me up inside to know that and to know that I didn't do something to stop it from happening. I find myself imagining what it would be like to hold and to love and to care for my baby! What f***ed up world are they living in to create a story about losing a baby?!?!?!?! They need to spend some serious time in therapy!

To the vast majority of women on here that have experienced such tragedy, love, hugs and best wishes to you all and big thanks for the support you have given to me!

To any trolls on here show some respect and get off here and spend the time getting some help!

OMG how disgusting!

I can remember that car crash thread, i felt so sad for her. I also didnt know people did this, what do they get out of it i dont understand.

Sick.

It surprised me the first time I came across a fake too but when I thought about it, it makes a weird kind of sense.

Obviously they want the attention and aren't getting it in real life so they create a fantasy. It might start out seeming innocent to them, saying they are pregnant and getting a lot of fuss made and congratulations sent but then the questions start about doctors and scans and so on and the pretence gets harder. And eventually they will have to make up a birth story and a baby.

So they lie and say they lost the baby, which guarentees a lot of sympathy and attention for so much longer than a pregnancy would have lasted anyway.

To a certain kind of person it's the ideal situation, maximum attention from everyone who reads their posts and no need to come up with baby photo's and details of family life with a little one.

I can't imagine being so desperate for attention from strangers and it makes me sick to think that some people are either so starved of attention themselves that they actually want to be a mum to a dead child when all anybody who really lost a child wants is that child back. It's horrible and thankfully it doesn't happen often, which is partly what makes it so shocking and upsetting to everyone when it does happen.

Those people disgust me so very much :cry::growlmad: A few weeks ago myself and another member were giving advice and trying to support a girl in the teen pregnancy section as she had miscarried and was really upset. She was a similar age to us and sounded so believable, she ended up being a fake and it was beyond upsetting.It felt like someone had just been mocking me and making light of the horrible loss that so many of us have suffered.Earlier that week i'd offered sympathy to another girl who miscarried who was also a fake and after that second sicko made herself sound so believable i decided that i would be very very wary of actually feeling anything for anyone even if it was only sympathy.Its heartbreaking have someone do that to you, to make you think oh they know what im going through and they could use my support and you listen to them and they make it sound so believable and your there with every new thing they say thinking how much it sounds like what your going through yourself.Then you find out that its all a lie, that this person is in fact just some sicko who takes pleasure from upsetting people who've just lost their children and taking advantage of their kindness. Sorry i ranted there but they actually have no idea what its like and i just dont understand why anyone would do that to anyone :cry:

OMG, I too am in shock reading this.

I followed the RSBabe thread too, to think it was all a lie- it was so believable and I'm sickened to know that someone could make something like that up.

I'm truly disgusted that people would lie about something as heartbreaking as a loss - that makes my blood boil. I too would never wish a mc on my worst enemy but I do hope these trolls get their cumupaance in some other shape or form.

Grrr, really upset to read this but thanks for sharing with us who were possibly too naive to think some people could be so sick. It's a shame it will make me think twice about what I read now.

oh my god, i must be stupid and nieve -it took me a good few posts from this threads to even understand what you guys were talking about. I cannot believe some people would be so sick to make up losing a baby - my blood is boiling! How do you end up knowing that they were fakes??? It's quite scary - how do you know who to trust? I don't know what i'd have done without this forum over the last few months but it makes me a bit nervous about being to so open now..

There are some horrible sick people who seem to crave the attention. They can have it, every little bit, I don't want attention, I want my baby, like every other woman or parent who has gone through this. I despise them.

I am far more suspicious these days. If something doesn't sound right, it may well not be.

oh my god, i must be stupid and nieve -it took me a good few posts from this threads to even understand what you guys were talking about. I cannot believe some people would be so sick to make up losing a baby - my blood is boiling! How do you end up knowing that they were fakes??? It's quite scary - how do you know who to trust? I don't know what i'd have done without this forum over the last few months but it makes me a bit nervous about being to so open now..

We found out they were fakes thanks to the vigilance of members.Sometimes its a discrepancy in dates, other times its scan pictures copied off google and sometimes its just a bad feeling about the member.If you have any suspicions about a member you report them to admins and they look into it, if its a fake they ban them and if not they'll still thank you for your vigilance and no-one will know either way 99.9% of the users on here are genuine but due to the size of the site its hard to not get fakers looking for attention. Trust everyone until proven otherwise and never be nervous about being open because theres lots of guest users on here and your posts will usually help them with whatever questions they needed answering and sometimes to help them just not feel so alone in their thoughts :hugs:

It's not really anyone specific, and it's mainly older ones but just following on from the trolls thread in GS, I don't understand why anyone would wish this horror on themselves? Surely, they must be ill?

A girl pretended to have a son with a kidney problem who didn't, another pretended to be in a car crash, another pretended her baby had a low heartbeat with no movement... these are just in the last week.

I know it's really hard, especially if it is something that hits close to home :(
Just so you know, only one out of those three have been confirmed. The other two at the moment are speculation (although we are investigating).
My only advice is 'Don't feed the trolls'. Making threads in public forums is giving them what they want. Cut out the attention they get and they'll move on.

:)

Love it! Don't feed the trolls. We should have a sign up to that effect! :rofl:
Warning - don't feed the trolls - they bite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->