Sickness has made an appearance

Mrnmrsm

TTC#2
Reaction score
6+4 today and sickness has hit me like a tonn of bricks! I literally cannot even move my head without bubbling at the mouth!

So not used to this as I had no sickness with my son having him

Oooh I have read that sometimes girls bring on sickness!!! xxx

not All 2 pregnancies are the same, it indicates a very high level of Hcg though! If it gets bad to the point you’re struggling with even water go to the doctors and ask for meds as you don’t want to become dehydrated. I found sea bands helped my nausea and ginger lozenges :)

Also, I think I read on another post they think maybe twins? This could be the reason I guess xxx

Also, I think I read on another post they think maybe twins? This could be the reason I guess xxx

Yes 2 yolk sacs seen so I think that could be causing the nausea too!
As soon as I eat I feel fine then after an hour of eating it’s back 🤢

Girls apparently tend to produce more hCG (don't quote me on this but I think I read the other day there have been studies done which show this), so you're more likely to experience more severe morning sickness with a girl.
Having said that, plenty have it with boys, and let's not forget the possibility of multiples!
There's a whole list of things I read that apparently can help you lean towards one or the other, I shall have to find it and post it.

With our boys I didn't have sickness, I had maybe a day of it because I was hungry, but with DD I was so unbelievably nauseous! With this one I have been the same as DD but more so and for longer. With DD my worst week was week 7 I think, it started to calm down after that a little but this time it won't go away.

Someone on here posted extra B6 can help with nausea

I have two girls and never had a bout of sickness with them. My SIL also had severe m/s with her son (had to be hooked to a zofran drip) so I think it just depends on the individual and how they tolerate hcg.

I really hope it doesn't last long for you. I can only imagine how miserable all day sickness is :hugs:

I had morning sickness all the way through with my son x dont think ypu can really correlate gender with morning sickness, think it might be a bit of an old wives tale. Mrandmrs luckily the morning sickness hasnt hit me yet but with my son ginger nut biscuits , milk and chewing mint gum really helped x and symptoms like morning sickness are amped right up with twins x thinking of ya hun cant wait for an update x

Ginger and eating small amounts of food constantly helps me the most, and I didn't find any difference in nausea with having a girl or a boy.

i’m in the same boat since 5w 4days I’m on diclegis as of Sunday evening for it but that makes me irreparably exhausted. Good luck! no good advice

I am NOT looking forward to the morning sickness. That's one thing about finding out early.. I have two weeks to dread it coming.. LoL.

I’m so not used to it because I had not one bit of sickness with my son!

I’m already eating the ginger biscuits but can’t touch any type of mint it makes me gag (even brushing my teeth is a challenge!)

Hoping it passes soon!

My sister had twin boys and had morning sickness throughout.

It sounds like the two yolk sacks could be the cause. If food is calming the sickness try and eat a little something every hr or so, try and eat before you are feeling really sick again.

I didn't have any ms with my first, and then some pretty bad nausea with my second. Both were boys, both hcg counts were about the same (at least at first), so you can't really tell by that alone. I don't have any tips, just try to rest and try some ginger candies. Also try to eat light, frequent meals. Hugs mama!

Honestly, to whoever said about not being any correlation between gender and morning sickness, there have been studies done which shows that girls do in fact produce more hCG, but that doesn't mean you won't produce high levels with boys, it just means you're probably more likely to experience morning sickness more so with girls

Well if that’s the case if there is only one baby tomorrow at my scan it’s got to be one witch of a girl 😂😂

Oooooo keep us updated! how would you feel about twins......? xxx

Ermmm I hate to say it but not excited about it 😂 I have one son already and my husbands just got a new job working away in Iraq so he’s only home every 8/9 weeks for 4 weeks then back again so would be a struggle!

I feel there will only be 1 baby in there though tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->