Sickness - when to worry

lauraclili

Astrid's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I only found out 4 days ago so can't be more than about 5 weeks. On the day I found out you body celebrated by making me puke 4 times. I've been sick every day since.

Now, I feel really dizzy and everything makes me feel sick. I had morning sickness with both my others (from 8-17 weeks with my first and 7-21 with my second).

I guess I'm asking, is it normal for it to be this intense this soon? When should I worry about it if at all? No midwife appointments for ages yet.

Feeling a bit pathetic if I'm honest! Please advise!

A drs biggest concern will be- are you keeping fluids down? They can test your urine to see if you're dehydrated, worth an appt to check, Id say?

I'm currently pregnant with my 4th and I had morning sickness from the time I was 3 weeks. By the time I hit 5 weeks, I couldn't eat anything and I was dizzy and almost fainting constantly. I could keep fluids down, but that was it. I ended up going to urgent care around 5 1/2 weeks and the doctor there prescribed me diclegis. I did need to follow up with my doctor about it, but that only required a phone call and not an actual appointment.

If you're worried, it's worth calling your doctor. Hopefully they can help you out. Good luck :flower:

If you're struggling to keep food or fluids down, ask your GP for anti sickness meds. tbh, as awful as morning sickness is, it does just sound like regular morning sickness.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had hyperemesis and by the time I was 7 weeks I was vomiting 30+ times a day and was hospitalised by the end of that week, and then twice more after that. I had to take anti sickness meds until the day she was born, it was horrific!

Luckily with this pregnancy, I've just had regular morning sickness, and as awful as it makes you feel, I'm so thankful I'm only being sick a few times a day haha.

Rest as much as you can, and eat and drink little and often :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->