Silver cross surf or Quinny Buzz

Mandy2307

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, this week i had my 20 week scan and with hearing the wonderful news that so far everything is going fine i want to get moving on purchasing the larger items. i've done quite a bit of research on pushchairs and while the Icandy and Bugaboo's are all very nice i don't really want to spend that much on something that will only last my LO a couple of years.

Instead i have been looking at the Silver cross surf or the quinny buzz 3 and was wondering if you had any views on either of these?

Both myself and my husband have our own cars and while his boot will fit a tank in mine is not so big so i need something that will fold down relatively small....I probably won't be using public transport much but will be making use of it during the week while on mat leave and on weekends when shopping and going out and about.

i definately want buy the maxi cosi car pebble car seat and isofix base as this makes the car seat suitable for both our cars and i will be changing my car in the next year or so too.

Please feel free to let me know of all the positives and negatives of both of these pushchairs

thanks in advance O:)

Hey,think I'm going to get the silver cross surf!my friend has it,and loves it!

Thanks, i'm really hoping my OH likes it when i take him to see it on the weekend...he has a much more practical mind than me.

I love it in aubergine but think i will get the black as it is £100 cheaper at John Lewis

Yeah I love that colour too but it's only the black and chilli one that's 100 pound cheaper at mothercare,my hubby really likes the pram too,he actually likes the surf evolution too but don't think it been out long so not many reviews

I'm going for the quinny buzz. My sister and SIL have one and swear by it :)

Just had a look at mothercare and they have a new offer which is 15% off all pushchairs over £100. This would bring the aubergine to £510. If you also go via quidco you can get a further 5% cashback off the £510 which I believe is around £25. :)

I have the buzz but it comes in two parts so you need a reasonably sized boot to fit it in. In saying that I love it so so much!

Just had a look at mothercare and they have a new offer which is 15% off all pushchairs over £100. This would bring the aubergine to £510. If you also go via quidco you can get a further 5% cashback off the £510 which I believe is around £25. :)

Ooh thanks for that will look into it

Silver cross surf in black on order, love it!!! Quality and the company has been going years u know u can trust it.

Silver cross surf in black on order, love it!!! Quality and the company has been going years u know u can trust it.

If you don't mind me asking, are you getting the maxi cosi carseat or silver cross, I read a couple of reviews that said the maxi cosi was a struggle to get on and off.

If you don't mind me asking, are you getting the maxi cosi carseat or silver cross, I read a couple of reviews that said the maxi cosi was a struggle to get on and off.

Silver cross seat i spent about 1 hour in the shop taking the pushchair n carseat to bits and its so easy and light but sturdy. I have no doubts in placing baby in the car seat. Easily clips on frames and looks the business. Again same quality as pram. I have found that a lot of car seats can be quite plasticky but nope not with the cross seat.

Silver cross seat i spent about 1 hour in the shop taking the pushchair n carseat to bits and its so easy and light but sturdy. I have no doubts in placing baby in the car seat. Easily clips on frames and looks the business. Again same quality as pram. I have found that a lot of car seats can be quite plasticky but nope not with the cross seat.

So do u think the silver cross seat is the best one to go with that pram?

We've ordered the Quinny buzz with the car seat and isofix. I can't wait I love it, having tried our loads I found this to be amazing quality. I can't wait to push my baby round in it :)

Hi sorry to put my two pence in but I was an owner of a silver cross surf until last month.

I had surf in chilli with maxi cosi car seat - originally bought the silvercross car seat but no isofix - whilst the cost is £120 ish more for base it was well worth it in my opinion, so much easier and much sturdier in the car, my friend used to strap her cabriofix in my car and I had isofix - IMO mine was so much securer.

With regards to the surf there are pros and cons

Pros
Looks fantastic and turns heads - had so many comments about it
Very comfy to push
Very warm in winter with hood, snug and apron
No mechanical problems

Cons - I'm afraid I had a few but these are pretty common with all types of pushchairs like this

A pain to get in car, I have a Peugeot 207 and to fit in my boot I'd have to take the seat off, take the shopping basket off, put these in boot, fold frame, remove 1 wheel, take stuff back out of boot, put frame and wheel in, sit seat and folded shopping basket on top! Saying that I was a dab hand at it and it only became an issue once I'd bough an umbrella fold buggy for our abroad holiday and found out how easy it was to build and collapse.

No space AT ALL for shopping - even with extra basket

Difficult to take brake off in summer with flimsy shoes

I always thought the baby nest made my lg look funny, I.e she never seemed to be lying flat.

Baby nest is quite warm if you're having a summer baby - however I coped!

Difficult - impossible to push in a field! Had to pull it!

Hope this helps in your choices

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"