Simple Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are cutting down on presents this year because the boys simply don't need anything. We haven't been to a proper panto just because they are so bloody expensive! We didn't do santa last year because neither of the boys wanted to go, we go skating at the outdoor rink instead x

We arnt doing loads of gifts but all of them are thought out. We will do our tradition of going to see father Christmas and reindeers, seeing family and this year we have my little boy whose 3 weeks old and my sisters baby is due December. I have a 3 year old and older sister has 2 year old so will be doing some fun family stuff for little ones I'm sure. I always go for well thought out rather than quantedy as don't need to fill house with lots of toys not played with. We already look like toy shop haha

Any tips for cheap things to do for unemployed people anyone?

What type of things are you looking for?

As a family we go for walks when it gets dark around the houses to see all the decorated lights on the houses which is lovely and we all have a nice talk, then home for some tea to warm up.

Have a look at local events by the council such as town lights switch on they are usually free.

Christmas markets are very festive, even if you don't buy anything it is a lovely walk, window shopping.

Have a look around for cheap Santa grottos (unsure if you have kids or there ages for this one)

Any of these any help?

We do christmas market which usually has free entertainment, walks/drive to see Christmas lights, we have a father Christmas in our area who is driven around local villages giving sweets to children, church often does stuff for children, my daughter loves going to look at decorations in garden centre, reading Christmas stories together, last year we made cards, we did daughters foot prints and then added red nose, eyes and antlers tovmake reindeer, I also got cheap ball balls and we did finger print snowmen and reindeers and making salt dough decorations

What type of things are you looking for?

As a family we go for walks when it gets dark around the houses to see all the decorated lights on the houses which is lovely and we all have a nice talk, then home for some tea to warm up.

Have a look at local events by the council such as town lights switch on they are usually free.

Christmas markets are very festive, even if you don't buy anything it is a lovely walk, window shopping.

Have a look around for cheap Santa grottos (unsure if you have kids or there ages for this one)

Any of these any help?

Thanks yeah this helps very much thank you :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g