Simply having too much fun

We went for a walk along the beach today as the weather was so nice!

Who were you arguing with on a forum Emma? This forum or another? Glad AF turned up for you!

Larkspur - what do you do for a living? I read somewhere where you said you are a writer. What is it you write specifically? :)

It was a pet forum that I am on and have been a while. I think I joined when researching something for one of the cats. Anyway one of the young girls on it started a thread asking when people knew they didn't want children. She's 23 and has moved from the UK to Australia to be an au pair for 4 kids and by all accounts they aren't very well behaved. I don't think she doesn't want kids but they are making her think she doesn't.

Anyway a few of us said we have always wanted kids but that she was still young and not to feel pressured, but either way is fine. I specifically, on a number of occasions, said I had no problem with people not wanting kids I just didn't understand it (same as I don't understand having spiders for pets). I got jumped on. Then a few people said how much they hated, physically hated, kids and a couple of us said that was a little odd (come on, you have to be slightly odd to actively hate something like that) and although a number of people said it, I got jumped on again. I gave up after a while.

And whilst we are on the telling everyone our jobs bit - I write proposals and do the budgets for medical trials (trials on people).

My septum is infected so a lot of my day has been spent popping painkillers and antibiotics and wanting to die. So painful.

Eeeek, poor you! Dare I ask how that happens? Is it a piercing-related injury?

Nope, never had anywhere near my nose pierced. I have no idea how it happened. I've had it happen once before...like 6 years ago. It just started being kind of sore last week and eventually progressed to the point where I could barely make any sort of facial expression without breaking down in pain. Same as last time I got it. My glands were super swollen too...like the size of golf balls. It doesn't hurt as much now, just if I touch it, so the antibiotics are working.

As for my job, I'm the head front end supervisor at a grocery store. Not the most lucrative job but it pays surprisingly well. Like, when looking through jobs, I make more doing what I do than store managers at clothing stores and stuff. I don't know how that happened but I'm not complaining. My OH is the seafood manager there so it's nice to work in the same place. Basically I run the cash office, I am under the front end manager but over the supervisors. So I deal with the supervisors, cashiers, service clerks, and angry customers.

OH and I will be starting our own business in the next year or so, but it's going to be strictly online so we can still work our regular jobs. Then when he's actually making money from the online business we will be looking into having a shop and quitting our current jobs! That's probably still like 5-10 years away though. That's fine, we're still young!

Sorry girls for answering nosey questions, but I'm a nosey person :haha:

Emma - that forum sounds worse than baby club with all the dramatics over something so simple :haha: I know what you mean as I am the same. A couple of our friends have made the choice not to have children and instead want to focus on paying their mortgage off and then take super early retirement and go travelling. I respect their choice of course and I want them to be happy. But I admit, I don't totally understand it and part of me feels a bit sad for them that they won't experience the joy and emotion having a baby brings. Then I remind myself before falling pregnant, I wasn't a fan of kids to be honest...

Larkspur - your job sounds fantastic. I have always noticed how well your posts are constructed on here so it's no surprise you write for a living. Are you able to work from home a lot?

I applied for a job and had an interview last week. I find out Friday. I was made redundant when pregnant and so had no job to go back too. The job is with the same employers (as technically when my mat leave finishes, I am on gardening leave until October). The job is a Wealth/Relationship Manager at a huge high street Bank. It's job I've done before and am qualified in so fingers crossed I get some good news on Friday. If not, it's back to the drawing board...

I am not looking to return to work until October/November though, so at least I have the summer off still to enjoy with Anabella.

Emma - that forum sounds worse than baby club with all the dramatics over something so simple :haha: I know what you mean as I am the same. A couple of our friends have made the choice not to have children and instead want to focus on paying their mortgage off and then take super early retirement and go travelling. I respect their choice of course and I want them to be happy. But I admit, I don't totally understand it and part of me feels a bit sad for them that they won't experience the joy and emotion having a baby brings. Then I remind myself before falling pregnant, I wasn't a fan of kids to be honest...

Normally its not too bad (as long as you don't venture into Cat Chat) but for some reason two people really had it in for me. Bizarrely one has since been banned so maybe wasn't just me they were attacking. First time its really happened.

Today I am feeling all productive! Hubby should be home today (went to Spain on a "long weekend") and I have been doing a bit of cleaning and cooking up some baby meals. Have started weaning Emilia just as she was waking early and wanted to see if it had an effect. She slept an hour longer this morning so that's a bonus. So I made the following baby meals - carrot, parsnip, papaya and roasted red pepper. We already have pear, apple and sweet potato ones I made so just the potato and pea ones to do. Also plan to make some chicken stock to use and I may make a thai chicken curry for tea and as I have some apples to use up will make an apple crumble.

Not sure where the energy has come from but making the most of it!

I'm going on lazy day two lol. Most I've done is clean the living room,... Half way. 3 day weekends do that to me!

Well hubby's been home half an hour and already pissed me off.

Maybe I am over reacting, you tell me.

The guy who he went to Spain with was his best man and hubby is being his best man in September. Now we've already been told no children, so have arranged for my mum and dad to come up and stay (which is going to be stressful enough as it is) and have her all day Saturday and stay the night. We will go to the wedding and stay the night in London (that was the plan) returning Sunday.

They have now informed hubby they plan to do something Friday night too but we have to be separate. Hubby can go into London Friday night and stay at a hotel with them and then I can come in on my own Saturday morning and then we both stay Sat night (so two hotel bills) OR I can stay the night at the hotel with the bride, who I barely know, on Friday and then go onto the venue with her and her family & bridesmaids and we again both stay Sat night, so 3 hotel bills. Realistically we can only afford 1 night. Those were my two options. We never separated them the night before our wedding or gave options like that. Am I wrong to be a little pissed off by that?

So interesting to find out everyone's jobs :) Im a doctor - specifically a registrar in obstetrics & gynaecology. So we do labour and delivery plus antenatal clinic early pregnancy and all of gynae. I totally love it. A registrar is sort of 'middle grade' so I'm well out of med school (graduated 2005) but have some way until I'm a consultant (as high as you go). Umm especially if I keep having kids and carry on part time....!

I've been MIA the last few days as I'm struggling with morning sickness and can barely stand to look at my phone never mind post on forums :( So not me!! But touch wood I researched on the net and read about a few remedies people swear by and one was vitamin B6, so I've taken it for 3 days and I can definitely tell an improvement! I mean there's still queasiness there and I have to eat a dry cracker before I raise my head from the pillow on a morning (!) but I felt almost normal today! It's unreal how feeling nauseous can change your outlook completely. It's hard to even enjoy anything or do housework or act normal at work. Eek. It's made me decide this is my last babba, which is sad as we wanted 3!

Anyway sorry for the rant lol xxx

Sorry you're struggling with morning sickness so much boo. Did you have it bad with jack? Hopefully another few weeks and you'll be out of it. I can remember it pretty clearly!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. We've had a really busy one but just the three of us which has been great. First time to the beach too for lo :)

And now begins a britains got talent marathon on tv all week!

Hi mrsB I've missed you!!! :flower: I promise I'll be back on form soon...I hope!

Yes I had it with jack pretty much exactly the same as this. With jack it went at 13 wks, I really hope it does this time too!

OMG I'm having a BGT marathon too. I looove the finals week when it's on twice a night every night!! Drives my hubby bananas hahaha

Normally its not too bad (as long as you don't venture into Cat Chat) but for some reason two people really had it in for me. Bizarrely one has since been banned so maybe wasn't just me they were attacking. First time its really happened.

The guy who he went to Spain with was his best man and hubby is being his best man in September. Now we've already been told no children, so have arranged for my mum and dad to come up and stay (which is going to be stressful enough as it is) and have her all day Saturday and stay the night. We will go to the wedding and stay the night in London (that was the plan) returning Sunday.

They have now informed hubby they plan to do something Friday night too but we have to be separate. Hubby can go into London Friday night and stay at a hotel with them and then I can come in on my own Saturday morning and then we both stay Sat night (so two hotel bills) OR I can stay the night at the hotel with the bride, who I barely know, on Friday and then go onto the venue with her and her family & bridesmaids and we again both stay Sat night, so 3 hotel bills. Realistically we can only afford 1 night. Those were my two options. We never separated them the night before our wedding or gave options like that. Am I wrong to be a little pissed off by that?

LOL @ venturing into Cat chat :haha: Is it a bit hissy?

Ummmm, regarding this wedding....yes I'd be a bit miffed. Saying that, your husband is the best Man and it's a one off so it's a difficult one. How much notice have they given? Would they be offended if you said you couldn't do the both nights?

So interesting to find out everyone's jobs :) Im a doctor - specifically a registrar in obstetrics & gynaecology. So we do labour and delivery plus antenatal clinic early pregnancy and all of gynae. I totally love it. A registrar is sort of 'middle grade' so I'm well out of med school (graduated 2005) but have some way until I'm a consultant (as high as you go). Umm especially if I keep having kids and carry on part time....!

I've been MIA the last few days as I'm struggling with morning sickness and can barely stand to look at my phone never mind post on forums :( So not me!! But touch wood I researched on the net and read about a few remedies people swear by and one was vitamin B6, so I've taken it for 3 days and I can definitely tell an improvement! I mean there's still queasiness there and I have to eat a dry cracker before I raise my head from the pillow on a morning (!) but I felt almost normal today! It's unreal how feeling nauseous can change your outlook completely. It's hard to even enjoy anything or do housework or act normal at work. Eek. It's made me decide this is my last babba, which is sad as we wanted 3!

Anyway sorry for the rant lol xxx

Sounds awful Boo, I hope the B6 continues to help you feel a bit more back to normal. One of my friends had severe sickness throughout both her pregnancies and like you it has put her off wanting more. They are also definitely stopping at 2 as well.

I was under consultant care during my pregnancy but only met the consultant twice (one for a very brief chat at around 28 weeks pregnant and then at the end of my labour when they made the decision to give me an emergency c-section). All the other time I saw one of the registrar's but I found it a really odd name for a job title such as that! I just associate a registrar with the register of birth's, death's and marriages :haha:

Do you find it an advantage practising in this when you are expecting a baby yourself?

Ummmm, regarding this wedding....yes I'd be a bit miffed. Saying that, your husband is the best Man and it's a one off so it's a difficult one. How much notice have they given? Would they be offended if you said you couldn't do the both nights?

Cat chat is vicious!

The wedding is September. We said we would get childcare as we couldn't bring Emilia so they thought we would stay in separate rooms Friday night and then come home Saturday. Why would you do that? Its in the middle of London (and I don't like travelling into London on my own as it is).

Hubby has only just got back from 6 days in Spain with this guy and everyone was like "oh well men need time away, especially as he's about to take over the childcare". I am just thinking "are you shitting me?" - he needs time away from us to relax??? And on a selfish note, what about me???

The more I think about it, the more pissed I'm getting. Especially as this morning he has really fucked me off. He wanted to get up with Emilia, fine. For some reason she woke at 4.15am. I told him to leave her for 5 mins ("but she's crying" - she wasn't, she was talking to herself). 5 mins later back to sleep ("oh, look at that, you were right"). She woke properly at 6.30am. He took her downstairs for a bottle. Then stayed up playing with her!!! She is now so over tired she can not get to sleep and I'm not allowed to tell him off for being a twat. By now she has usually had a nap and back up for another bottle and she's yet to go down for a nap.

I had to come downstairs before I said something I regretted.

Cat chat is vicious!

The wedding is September. We said we would get childcare as we couldn't bring Emilia so they thought we would stay in separate rooms Friday night and then come home Saturday. Why would you do that? Its in the middle of London (and I don't like travelling into London on my own as it is).

Hubby has only just got back from 6 days in Spain with this guy and everyone was like "oh well men need time away, especially as he's about to take over the childcare". I am just thinking "are you shitting me?" - he needs time away from us to relax??? And on a selfish note, what about me???

The more I think about it, the more pissed I'm getting. Especially as this morning he has really fucked me off. He wanted to get up with Emilia, fine. For some reason she woke at 4.15am. I told him to leave her for 5 mins ("but she's crying" - she wasn't, she was talking to herself). 5 mins later back to sleep ("oh, look at that, you were right"). She woke properly at 6.30am. He took her downstairs for a bottle. Then stayed up playing with her!!! She is now so over tired she can not get to sleep and I'm not allowed to tell him off for being a twat. By now she has usually had a nap and back up for another bottle and she's yet to go down for a nap.

I think if I was in your situation after reading everything you wrote, I would be selfish and think of us and our family situation and put that first. It's a long way to go for you, expensive and the fact you are both making an effort is enough in my opinion. As for the time away to relax - I think that's just men being totally thoughtless to be honest.

Ah, sorry your hubby has really pissed you off today! I have to leave my husband a sheet of paper with our routine and exact timings as he just wouldn't have a clue himself and he still manages to mess it up sometimes :haha:

Cat chat is vicious!

I think if I was in your situation after reading everything you wrote, I would be selfish and think of us and our family situation and put that first. It's a long way to go for you, expensive and the fact you are both making an effort is enough in my opinion. As for the time away to relax - I think that's just men being totally thoughtless to be honest.

Ah, sorry your hubby has really pissed you off today! I have to leave my husband a sheet of paper with our routine and exact timings as he just wouldn't have a clue himself and he still manages to mess it up sometimes :haha:

Well i think he has learnt his lesson. She would not go down for a nap, so we had to wait until the next one was due, about 11am - cue very tired baby. She did eventually go down and slept about an hour or so, then later on had a 2 hour nap, so we are def one nap down today. By 6pm she was knackered so went to bed early. i think she will now be up about 5am but he thinks thats fine as it won't affect him as he will be up early for work :growlmad:

he also knows why I am pissed off, but ignoring it.

Welshoneemma I don't have great advice unfortunetly but I do feel like if he just went out for SIX days with his buddy then he shouldn't feel obligated to spend yet another night away from you guys? I would be really annoyed :wacko: But if that was our situation, OH would do it if he really wanted to bc "he doesn't have to listen to me" Oh, he's a treat lol.

Welshoneemma I don't have great advice unfortunetly but I do feel like if he just went out for SIX days with his buddy then he shouldn't feel obligated to spend yet another night away from you guys? I would be really annoyed :wacko: But if that was our situation, OH would do it if he really wanted to bc "he doesn't have to listen to me" Oh, he's a treat lol.

to be fair he did ask me if he could go before he booked it, and it was booked last year before Emilia was born. Whilst he did enjoy the week (let's be honest, it was a week) I think he did miss us. In fact he told me he was told to shut up at one point by his friend as he was "boring him talking about the baby".

I am going to wait a bit and see if he says something himself to his friend.

well, i did something very naughty today!

we had been looking at high chairs. Found one I loved but it was very expensive (£165) so we decided to hold off or go cheaper. A bit annoyed with myself for spending too much of our savings on my maternity. Anyway, email from mother care, last day of sale plus 15% off over £100. Had a look, the high chair is down to £135 plus the 15% off. Well I had to didn't I?! Also got one of the sleeping bags I had wanted for ages but again too expensive (was also on sale and had 15% off), a fabric toy holder and a toy. All on sale and all 15% off, plus free next day delivery. All for £144. I put it on my credit card (i dont order things on line using my account) and am now cutting up the credit card!!

I would be in a WORLD of trouble if I had a credit card :haha:

Had one ONCE and still paying on it :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"