Sinead and Dans Wedding. 18th April 2015

neadyda

Reaction score
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Me and my OH have been engaged for 6 years on 1st May this year. We have finally decided that we need to get this ball rolling!

A little bit about us!

I'm Sinead and OH is Dan. We met in 2006 when I was 17 and he was 19. We met through MySpace/football (both massive QPR supporters). We have two amazing and beautiful children, Jamie & Leo. Jamie will be 4 in July and Leo will be 2 in August.

The proposal (all those years ago!)

Not romantic at all :haha: we was just laying in bed when Dan was like 'well would you like to get engaged' I said 'yes' of course. That was it. :haha:

I always wanted a Harry Potter themed wedding. I started a Pinterest a little while ago to get some ideas. In the end it's going to me more like a vintage/Harry potter theme!

Here is a link to my Pinterest incase anyone is interested.

https://gb.pinterest.com/daly1034/our-harry-potter-wedding/

I've never tried on a wedding dress in my life. The ones on my Pinterest I LOVE but have no idea if the style will suit me.

Bridesmaids will be in red. I have no idea who to ask! I don't really have many close friends. The ones I was close to are all in London (where I grew up) but I don't see enough of them anymore.

:hi: congratulations on planning your wedding! Love love LOVE your idea of a harry potter theme. I'm a massive harry potter fan and kinda jealous I didn't think of that! :haha:. We have been engaged 3 years and I thought that was long enough but 6 years wow! :shock: Have you got your date set yet?

As for bridesmaids I'm only having 2 and one of them lives in Cardiff (I live in East Sussex). I only have 2 close friends and didn't want to ask extra people just for the sake of it. So I would say have as many or as few as you want (some people have none!). There are many benefits to not having many maids. It's saved me a lot of money and it's a lot easier organising 2 bridesmaids rather than 4 or 5 odd :lol:.

Good luck with all the planning!

I've neglected this!

Planning is fully under way!

Budgeting on things.

It's so hard to think of everything we need. We have decided it's more of a vintage theme rather then Harry Potter. I orginally wanted the favours we give out to guests to be wands engraved with our names and wedding date, but this isn't going to happen. It's just too
expensive!

We are going to look a 2 venues Saturday hopefully. One where we hope to marry in and another for the wedding breakfast and evening do.

We worked out we have 37 people coming to the actual ceremony and wedding breakfast and 120 in the evening (this includes the people during the day) a lot of people aren't going to be happy (mainly OH family, he has a big family) as they are only invited to the evening. We honestly can't afford for more people at the wedding breakfast and plus people who are there to watch us marry are ALWAYS there for us.

To stop people being upset and having arguments I've decided to keep my bridesmaid and maid of honour family. My cousins Amanda will hopefully be maid of honour (when I ask her) my cousin Anna as bridesmaid and Dans future SIL Ashleigh (his brothers gf) as a bridesmaid too. Hopefully Ashleigh will do my hair for me as she is a hairdresser.

OH has picked his best mate Jack as best man. Ushers are my brother Conor and Dans brother Sam and page boys will be our darling boys. We will eventually ask these people lol

https://www.eastpark.co.uk

This is where we are looking at for the actual wedding ceremony. It's perfect for us size wise and price.

The other venue doesn't have a proper website but I've been there before and liked it so want to view it again. It's a golf club.

OH just had a call. Going to view Easthampstead Park on Saturday at 1.15. Seems more real now. Hopefully look at dates and see if we can reserve one. Fingers crossed a day we want to marry there the other place is free lol

ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!

ok ok so we don't have the EXACT date yet (likely to be the 18th April 2015!!!)

:happydance:

Venue looks lush! And those wedding dresses are beautiful!

We've gone for a different venue which we are going to see today again before we put the final deposit down! My dad wants to come and see it first because he is paying for pretty much all of it!

xx

My dad loved the venue! So deposit has been put down!!

Now the proper planning can start!!!

On the 18th April 2015 I will be a wife!!!!

������������

I loved all your dresses! Its so tough, I thought that I would want a specific type of dress but in trying them on I ended up going with something totally different. Where's your new venue? :flower:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-v...rence-centre_3817.htm#pos=3&type=7&lhid=16026

This is the new venue. We can get married, have our wedding breakfast and evening reception all in the one place which is what I wanted x

I've chosen our bridesmaid dresses already. I havent asked my MOH and other bridesmaid if they would like to be that yet as I haven't seen them in person. I'm seeing them on Saturday to ask! Nervous though. No idea why. My future SIL said yes when I asked her.

This is what the dresses look like:
image.jpg

Invites are designed, just waiting on a quote for a printing company.

We will be having a sweetie table in the evening with personalised sweetie bags which when be our favours as well.

I want to make black and white bunting with pictures of us from when we first met.

Centrepieces are going to be fish bowls with vintage style flowers.

Bridesmaid dress are rubbish! Rubbish fit for the girls. Have too look at new ones! Have another bridesmaid now. My friend Becki.

OOO and I've brought my dress!! It's totally not what I was going for but suits me so much better. I felt so special in it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->