Sippy cup q..

L

Laura--x

So i brought Maisie one of those free flow TT sippy cups today. I want to start using it to get her used to drinking out of it and holding it...

Just a few questions..

1) Do i have to sterilise it or just wash it in warm soapy water??

2) I dont really fancy giving her the baby juices you can buy in the shops... I heard that they are full of sugar. Is there any juices i can give her? My mum said just buy ordinary sugar free cordial from the shops?

im clueless :blush:

I sterilised everything up until 6 months, and we don't give juice so I wouldn't know what you can give. I would probably guess at natural juice that isn't from concentrate. Like orange juice not from concentrate that is really really watered down. Don't take my word on that though!

I *think* you can give a little bit of pure orange juice mixed with lots of water.

To begin with a just gave Josh water in his til he got used to putting it in his mouth and holding it properly, easier to wash out than juice!

We give Brianna regular juice like we drink except watered down. 50/50 is what we were told to do with the juice/water and she's been fine with it.

You don't need to give juice, she's only 4 months and should only have water anyway:thumbup:

You don't need to babe unless baby really won't drink fluids and really needs to drink more in hot weather etc. Most babies are just having milk at this age and get all they need from milk.

My eldest 2 wouldn't drink water so I added a dribble of sugar free cordial to the water in the sippy cup from about 8/9months, luckily Toby is happy to drink water (although he'll drink his sisters cordial if he gets his hands on it:winkwink:) and I still only give him water to drink:happydance:, he's 22 months now

Ohhh good ok thankyou :D because i didnt really want to give her juice anyway!

Shes really picky with water though some days she will take a bit then she wont take any for ages!

Ohhh good ok thankyou :D because i didnt really want to give her juice anyway!

Shes really picky with water though some days she will take a bit then she wont take any for ages!

JUst give her the sippy cup in with a bit of water in it each day....just so she's used to it. She'll get used to it and drink eventually if she's thirsty, although it may take weeks (months in my kids case lol):hugs:

Sam was the same with water but if he was thirsty he did always seem to drink lots. I always just put water in his TT cup as well, and washed it in hot soapy water - don't think I ever sterilised it (not such an issue if you're not giving her milk in it), but I'd give her cool boiled water rather than tap water until she's 6 months x

Lilly won't drink cooled boiled water so we give her ribena with no added sugar she loves it :D x

You don't really need to give juice,if she likes water thats great.
You can always make your own,i make orange juice and apple.
With orange you just squeeze it obv lol (when they're older) but with apples you add say 300ml water and boil 2 apples in it,then you put it in a blender and use a muslin square to squeeze the pure juice out of it.You can put as much or as little water and apples,and keep it refrigirated like any other juice.
Also,you can squeeze few drops of lemon juice in water.

She will take water out of her bottle but wont drink at all out of her sippy cup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->