Sister wives

9babiesgone

2 kids-17angels
Reaction score
anyone else watching sister wives??

I dont really see a problem with the way they live, bc they are all not legally married to each other (and that is a whole nother debate), but I was wondering what you thought of it. the first episode of the first season when they said theyw ould be happy with their children if their children were following their lifestyle or not, they said they would be happy as long as they kids were happy, and I thought that was amazingly understanding of how children might not want to be the exact same beliefs as them.

I watched some of the first season and tried to watch some of the second, but I find it kind of boring. I don't agree with how they live, but that is because I have a different faith than they do. I am glad that they are liberal with how their children may wish to live their married lives.

awwe I am just fascinated with them! I like learning about other cultures and faiths. even though I am nowhere near mormon.

anyone else???

:bump:

I thought the show was interesting. I don't really get that lifestyle so I like reading about it and seeing stuff on TV. I also liked the show Big Love, which just ended its final season this year.

I really love sister wives but each episode is kind of 'shallow', like a lot of TLC shows really, it doesn't go into much depth and we rarely see their friends or other stuff that is going on.

Exactly! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the cameras are off.

"You're spending too much time with wifey #2!!! I can't live like this anymore!!!"

Yep it would be a lot more interesting if it was a UK style documentary series maybe presented by Louis Theroux xx

lol that would be a lot more interesting I must admit if it was more documentary style and we got to see more of the in and outs of their relationships and life.

Yeah a documentary would be great. Those reality shows are usually not a true representation. My guilty pleasure was watching The Girls Next Door, and I've read that there was a lot of "faking" for the camera from the girls themselves.

There is a really good documentary about polygamy, going to try to find the name of it. It was really good. I think it was called Banking on Heaven, but I'll Google it to be sure.

Here's the link: Banking on Heaven

Very different from "I love my sister wives and I don't really mind sharing my husband!"

nice. I love reading and watching these things. I dont know why. just an obsession with other cultures and how they do things. LOL

though I would never ever want to share my husband with other wives..

It's pretty interesting. Polygamy really ranges from an alternative lifestyle to downright abuse, depending on the situation.

I've also read Escape by Carolyn Jessop and Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall, and I highly recommend both.

It's pretty interesting. Polygamy really ranges from an alternative lifestyle to downright abuse, depending on the situation.

I've also read Escape by Carolyn Jessop and Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall, and I highly recommend both.

A few more you will enjoy then

'shattered dreams' by Irene Spencer

'cult insanity' by Irene Spencer

and

'favorite wife' by Susan Ray-Schmidt

There are also a couple of books by Dorothy Allred-Solomon (her late father was the founder of the group the family on sister wives are from) but they don't go so deeply into the polygamy side

Ooooh thanks for the recommendations. I saw the Favorite Wife at Borders and it seemed pretty neat but I never ended up buying it for whatever reason. I should download samples of all of those. :thumbup:

omygosth you are guys are awesome!! I cant wait to get started on reading adn watching!!! I am a tad bit obsessed with reading on these things.

Okay so I am in the middle of the move-to-Vegas episode; Kody is seriously neurotic about wehavetogoNOW!!! It's not like they're going to arrest you; if they were going to they would have done so already. It's not like there is a lack of evidence! But he is acting seriously crazy. I want to reach through the TV and give him a good slap :gun:

Here's the link: Banking on Heaven

Very different from "I love my sister wives and I don't really mind sharing my husband!"

That trailer is something else. I had no idea about the money they get from the state nor the fear the wives & kids live in.

Glad you took a look at the trailer. The whole thing is pretty eye opening!!

I ended up watching the whole thing on youtube. It made me so ANGRY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->