Size 24-26?

Oh, wow, Mummys Angel! May I ask if you were using a pump prior to pregnancy, or if that's something you added for tighter control? I'm considering one myself, if that's what it takes.

Oh, wow, Mummys Angel! May I ask if you were using a pump prior to pregnancy, or if that's something you added for tighter control? I'm considering one myself, if that's what it takes.

I was actually put on it in 09' in the middle of my last pregnancy. It took awhile to get some used to but now it's AWESOME!

Though we lost our little guy, I stayed on the pump while ttc because Met doesn't agree with me GI-wise. The only downside to the insulin is that as a type II, any insulin my body doesn't use, the excess is stored as FAT. :dohh::nope::growlmad:

Between the insulin and the injectables I've gained more weight. I plan to breastfeed and then I'm off the insulin and back on an oral drug so I can bust my butt in trying to lose some of this weight already.:wacko::thumbup:

This pregnancy, my HGA1C levels are AWESOME.:happydance: Now I'm just trying to work through the changes in the second trimester because they're going up slightly higher, but for overall control it's a God-send!:thumbup:

I highly recommend it if your insurance pays for it. I was blessed to have good insurance which covered the 7 thousand dollar pump. It's not the cheapest thing in the world but the control you get with it is excellent!:happydance:

I'm so happy for you that your levels are so good! Mine are still high, so I really appreciate your input. I'm going to an endocrinologist for a consult soon, and that issue is forefront on my mind. The weight gain does SUCK though.

Metformin wreaked havoc with me as well, I was on it for 8 years, and I had horrid problems every one ofthem. Good riddance!

Yes, I didn't last a month and I was on the lowest dose. I couldn't go ANYWHERE without crying for the toilet and praying we would make it in time. :wacko: Sadly Avandia worked wonders for me until they stopped putting people on it. I also noticed in the end that my ankles were swelling which I believe was a side-effect or precurser to heart issues the drug caused. Now when I go back to oral, I have to figure out which will work the best for me. I'll only be doing it AFTER breastfeeding though so it won't harm the baby.

I'm type one so yes been on insulin for over 15 years now :( I gained loads of weight when first diagnosed and struggled ever since! I lost 3 stone last year and got my hba1c down to 5.2 but a family death and problems with my son saw me gain it all back and my hba1c shoot up to 11....now back down to 8.4 so working hard, but it's tough! 4 injections a day too which I hate(normally just 2 pre pregnancy)...

I'm type one so yes been on insulin for over 15 years now :( I gained loads of weight when first diagnosed and struggled ever since! I lost 3 stone last year and got my hba1c down to 5.2 but a family death and problems with my son saw me gain it all back and my hba1c shoot up to 11....now back down to 8.4 so working hard, but it's tough! 4 injections a day too which I hate(normally just 2 pre pregnancy)...

Goodness, you sound like you'd be a great candidate for an insulin pump instead of injecting 4 times a day.:thumbup:5.2 is really good. I think it's almost normal isn't it? Mine was a 7 I think last time and I'm bout sure it's around 6.0 until maybe last week when my night and fasting starting going up with second trimester.:wacko:

The pump really makes things easier with both basaling and bolusing. You get all day coverage and bolus between meals. The only thing I get annoyed with is I call it my "tail". Obviousely the pump is on 24/7. You have a line that clicks into the port and then the pump itself is clipped somewhere. I find that I don't like sharing my pump with people so it gets stored in the center of my bra where it hides until the darn thing beeps when I have to check my blood glucose. Try explaining why your boob is beeping to people who haven't a clue your wearing a pump. Some think it's a phone beeper when they see what the pump actually looks like. :rofl:

Good luck with bringing those levels down. Mine was as high as a 9 with my last pregnancy. This time around it's much more controled than it was. I just have to get used to the crazy levels now in second trimester.:wacko:

Very pretty bumps ladies. :hug: :flower:

Lincolngirl, good grief! It must be our body types that make it hard to lose weight. It's SO frustrating! :hugs: Well, if I'm going to be plus size, at least I'll be a healthy plus size chick :winkwink: Gotta see the bright side in it.

ive never worried too much before but after this baby comes out i am gonna get fitter. I will never be a size 10 but a 14-16 would do me nicely x

Sneaking over from 1st Trimester :-$

Thank you so much for this thread ladies - I'm a UK 24-26 so this has really helped.

Can I ask though, those of you over a UK 24-26 (US 22-24) did you have any problems with your 12 week dating scan? Could they see everything? Did you have to have an internal scan?

my first scan was at 8 weeks and they couldnt see much so i had to have it internally which didnt hurt at all. After that (12 and 16 weeks scans) i had normal on the belly ones x

For the lady who asked me to post the ebay link for plus size belly bands here you go :) I got mine today and I am a size 20 and its big on me....So would say it would fit up to a 24/26...
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380329958521

For the lady who asked me to post the ebay link for plus size belly bands here you go :) I got mine today and I am a size 20 and its big on me....So would say it would fit up to a 24/26...
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380329958521

I found this one, too:

https://www.amazon.com/ITA-MED-Gabr...TF8&coliid=I3PEBJVHGDPNIW&colid=1UDCGGLHSA0W1

It's 2x, anyway, might be good. It looks supportive, anyway!

Thanks so much for sharing, Mummy's Angel and Jaybear! I'm ttc right now, currently experiencing a ver early mc, I believe. It really reinforces my need to get better control over my health on general, and my bg levels specifically. So glad to see you ladies doing it! It gives me great inspiration. Wonderful wishes to you both throughout your pregnancies. :)

Love all the bump pictures ladies, keep them coming. I have one more week before I take another picture!

15 week bump pic...

Attachments

• P090511_08.22.jpg
    P090511_08.22.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 17
this is me sucking my tummy in as much as possible at 17 weeks 3 days:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2058.jpg

compared to me sucking my tummy in at 13 weeks:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_1789.jpg

Now of course, if I relax, it alllllllllllll goes out! lol! I figure a sucked-in tummy is going to be more accurate of an *actual* bump, so it's what I'm doing for now.... lol!

Hi ladies! I'm a size 22-24 US before pregnancy. Have any of you ladies had previous c-sections and looking to do a VBAC this time around? My OB is telling me no because of my weight, but my previous c-section was planned for a breech baby, no emergency or anything.... and I'm healthy otherwise... with my daughter I developed high bp later on in the pregnancy but was put on medication for it. Just curious if anyone is in the same boat as me, I'm trying to find a new doctor and think I have one that will let me try at least, so let's hope! :) Glad to find this thread!

Also, I don't have a recent bump pic, but this was from around 9 weeks I believe?

Attachments

• 0412111335.jpg
    0412111335.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi ladies! I'm a size 22-24 US before pregnancy. Have any of you ladies had previous c-sections and looking to do a VBAC this time around? My OB is telling me no because of my weight, but my previous c-section was planned for a breech baby, no emergency or anything.... and I'm healthy otherwise... with my daughter I developed high bp later on in the pregnancy but was put on medication for it. Just curious if anyone is in the same boat as me, I'm trying to find a new doctor and think I have one that will let me try at least, so let's hope! :) Glad to find this thread!

Hiya, I am hoping for a VBAC this time round and so far my MW has said this will be fine but has given the anthestic dr a heads up(warning) about my BMI...why I don't know I was heavy last time and had an epidural without any problems etc! Weight wise that's all that's been said!

heres a recent bump pic from me. im half cooked today!!!!!

Attachments

• SUNP0007.jpg
    SUNP0007.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 24
*bump*

(pun intended!)

I'm only TTC, but I love this thread and I won't see it die!

I had a check up yesterday and mw measured my belly! The nerves set in thinking I was gonna be measuring full term already lol but to my shock and surprise I'm measuring bang on lol....
I'm counting the days down tho till my belly button area pops out, the B shape is slowly fading a bit but still not flattering under tops just yet! Hurry up and round off bumpy!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->