• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Size 24-26?

Hi ladies!

Well I need some help. I'm REALLY depressed! I have a wedding to go to and my baby shower is coming up. One is the end of August, the other is a week later in Sept. I'm having THE HARDEST time finding something nice. Not only am I 5'2 but I'm in a 2x or 3x. The stupid panels they make on maternity clothes are ridiculous! The lycra falls right off me and honestly looks horrifying with my apron. If the dresses aren't ugly they look like flippin moo, moo's! :wacko: :cry:

I need a flattering dress that is short with maybe short sleeves. I also need some 2x capri's with the old cotton panels and maybe some cute shirts to look nice one them.

Motherhood sucks for plus size maternity dresses. I haven't been there in months because the last time I was there I had to go ALL the way to the back only to find crap. I mean, plus size women want to look nice too!

I came in here hoping some of you may know of stores or places to buy second hand online. Ebay hasn't been very fruitful as well as my local craigslist. I'm running out of time and am ready to just crawl into bed and never go out for fear of looking frumpy and like I could care less about what I wear. HELP!

Hi ladies!

Well I need some help. I'm REALLY depressed! I have a wedding to go to and my baby shower is coming up. One is the end of August, the other is a week later in Sept. I'm having THE HARDEST time finding something nice. Not only am I 5'2 but I'm in a 2x or 3x. The stupid panels they make on maternity clothes are ridiculous! The lycra falls right off me and honestly looks horrifying with my apron. If the dresses aren't ugly they look like flippin moo, moo's! :wacko: :cry:

I need a flattering dress that is short with maybe short sleeves. I also need some 2x capri's with the old cotton panels and maybe some cute shirts to look nice one them.

Motherhood sucks for plus size maternity dresses. I haven't been there in months because the last time I was there I had to go ALL the way to the back only to find crap. I mean, plus size women want to look nice too!

I came in here hoping some of you may know of stores or places to buy second hand online. Ebay hasn't been very fruitful as well as my local craigslist. I'm running out of time and am ready to just crawl into bed and never go out for fear of looking frumpy and like I could care less about what I wear. HELP!

Have you tried DEB, they have a good plus size section that I think at most stores does up to 4x (non maternity, but a lot of their dresses are very flattering for maternity), they are pretty inexpensive so are good for the short time we'll be pregnant. There are bunches of them at most malls in the US, but not all of them have plus size sections.

Hi ladies!

Have you tried DEB, they have a good plus size section that I think at most stores does up to 4x (non maternity, but a lot of their dresses are very flattering for maternity), they are pretty inexpensive so are good for the short time we'll be pregnant. There are bunches of them at most malls in the US, but not all of them have plus size sections.

Thanks I'll try them.:flower:

Also Old navy has plus size Maternity, it's worth a check :)

Woman Within online has some nice empire waist style dresses that are flattering, and you can wear them after the baby as well.

Thank you ladies! I appreciate your input. I'm going to check them all out and hopefully come up with something. Your help has been a blessing! :hug:

There is a place around here called DOTS. Its a great store and not to pricey. Its not maternity but right now empire waists are in (thanks God) They had so many options!

O and JcPennys has some good maternity but I have to go online to get anything because the stores around here dont carry maternity plus. Pennys fit a little odd on me, but I do like the tops they have.

Hello! :hi:
I saw a thread about plus sized bumps, and although I'm enjoying stalking the lovelies there :blush: I really would like to hear from larger women. Here in the US, I know a size 16 will get you considered plus size. :growlmad: But it really isn't. I'm looking for PLUS SIZE ladies, I'm talking size 24 and up BEFORE their bumps popped out. Anyone? I was a size 24 when I got preg, and am afraid my belly will just hang down the front and not look even remotely like a bump, so any hopeful pics of "fat mommies" are sooo welcome. Thanks for endulging me...:hugs:

hey chick i was a size 18 but now in sizes 20 atm but i have a chunky bottom and legs and find it difficult to find things to wear but i live in leggins atm you kinda cant go wrong wiv them :) i neva buy maternity because i think its a rip off i jus buy plus size clothes and band bumps xx

Hey ladies hope you are all well?
My last bump pics of the 2nd tri...And I think its finally starting to look less B shaped...What do you think?

In other news I have my 4D scan tomorrow, so am hoping I get some clear piccies :)

Attachments

• clairemat 029.jpg
    clairemat 029.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5
  • clairemat 027.jpg
    clairemat 027.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4
  • clairemat 037.jpg
    clairemat 037.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 5
I don't see a B. Looks good! I'd love to see the 3d pictures after you get them :)

Ugh Im so pissed. I just found out that Old Navy is no longer selling plus maternity....That makes two stores that have..now im stuck with motherhood materinty. expensive and kinda look frumpy

Ugh Im so pissed. I just found out that Old Navy is no longer selling plus maternity....That makes two stores that have..now im stuck with motherhood materinty. expensive and kinda look frumpy

Sorry to hear that hun, not enough plus size maternity clothes at reasonable prices anywhere :(

We're allowed to have babies too!!

Sorry to hear that hun, not enough plus size maternity clothes at reasonable prices anywhere :(

Thanks...I just needed a little rant. :(

I'm not having ANY luck at all finding nice plus size maternity. :cry: I'm frustrated with this wedding coming up and my shower. :shrug: I don't like Motherhood as there's limited stock in their store and the dresses are, well...not what I had hoped for.

As you said, we get pregnant too. In fact, we pay MORE for our stupid clothing because they add more material. Why then do we get stuck at the back of the store or on a totally different floor than the rest?! I'm quite annoyed.

Thanks...I just needed a little rant. :(

:hugs: a little rant helps so rant whenever you want to hun xxx

I'm not having ANY luck at all finding nice plus size maternity. :cry: I'm frustrated with this wedding coming up and my shower. :shrug: I don't like Motherhood as there's limited stock in their store and the dresses are, well...not what I had hoped for.

As you said, we get pregnant too. In fact, we pay MORE for our stupid clothing because they add more material. Why then do we get stuck at the back of the store or on a totally different floor than the rest?! I'm quite annoyed.

:growlmad:I hear ya...None of the stores here carry them. We can only order online :(
Im sorry you're having such a hard time finding something. Some of my clothes are not maternity but have the empire waist. Have you tried a dress like that?

I just bought a dress at target for a wedding this weekend, they go up to 3x for most of them.

23 week bumpage

Attachments

• bump 23 weeks.jpg
    bump 23 weeks.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 5
Nice bump! :) You look nice and high. Im so low, but I think its becuase I have a long torso..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->