• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sjgpisy

Oh of course!

I'm Lisa (31) DF is Douggy, DS is Angas aka Angy Pangy. I'm an Aussie girl. Am very lucky to have lots of family around us here. I love hanging out with my little man. We are getting married in August so busy planning the wedding!

Nice to find out about people :)

I am Harry, I am 26 and a student nurse. My oh is Andy, 35 and he is a nurse in endoscopy. We live near Leeds about 5 miles from city centre. Erm.... What else... We don't have local family either but they do come and visit once a month or so. Joni is starting nursery on 3rd June as I am back at university then for an 8 week placement on an elderly ward. Joni is 10 months, not crawling yet, not even rolling over tbh, my mum says "I'll tell you now Harriet, she'll never be an Olympic athlete" and I think she's right haha. She is so content sat still looking at stuff, doesn't seem frustrated at all. Just been to a wedding in Sheffield which was a rare day away from Joni, think this is my third ever, Andy is looking after her. Going to be weird only seeing her 4 days a week when I'm back at uni :-( xx

I'm Bev and I'm 26. I'm married to my husband Terry who is also 26 and we have a 14.5 month old baby called Holly. I'm a stay at home mum, and Terry works as a forklift truck driver.

I have no plans for #2 just yet as Holly is a VERY high needs baby. She will only nap on me, will only sleep right next to me, wakes up so many times a night, can't leave her with family ever, and she's terrified of anyone except me or Terry coming too close or holding her. She won't eat many solids, so her main food is still breastmilk. I do get broody, but I can't risk another high needs baby while Holly still needs me so much! Although she's very high needs, she has such a great personality and sense of humour :)

We also have a little Yorkie Russell dog named George, who Holly adores :)

Hi leesy!!

MrsB aka Charlotte you and I are very similar it's scary!!! I adore Emma bridge water mugs and my iPhone is in a CK case as we speak :haha:

Sorry I've been AWOL today girls this morning I was feeling so sick it was all I could do to get myself and jack dressed! Tim's on call all day until 9pm boohoo. I managed to get us both to soft play with my friends though and once I'm out I'm always fine. Now about to iron and watch britains got talent. How hardcore am I!!

Ahh it's lovely to get to know you girls!!

Wow Bev, holly does sound high needs! Bless those little chubby cheeks <3

Also, mrsB I love the name Henry it's on the list!

And MrsPear I love your name Harriet :)

Which ck case do you have?!? I've got Charcoal Birds and its one of my fave prints - how sad... And even scarier in terms of similarities Jack is my next choice boy name! Jack and Henry sounds adorable!

Evenings are so rock and roll now we have babies aren't they? I was in pjs at 7 and am sat on the sofa infront of Eurovision after gorging myself on a curry! Not good given i have a 10k race for life in 5 weeks...god help me.

Well done getting out to soft play - it strikes fear into my heart. Germs galore coupled with kids going wild. I always need a stiff drink on a night when we've done that in the day!

Holly is so gorgeous Bev. Must be tough for you though. I used to cosleep and it was really exhausting as my sleep was always so light. One day though he just decided he wouldn't fall asleep on me or next to me. Was weird but I really do count myself very lucky. Do you cosleep or does holly sleep in a cot?

I've got a 3.5hour journey back home tomorrow which I'm dreading. Will have the dog with me this time as well so could be eventful at the services!

Omg I'm a total germaphobe!!! I'm always going on about the germs at soft play and my friends think I'm crackers. Pleased you're crackers too! And I forgot to wash his hands after soft play before lunch. I am a BAD mummy and I totally freaked out!

Yes I'm in my jammies too. I get them on after I've bathed Jack. So that's like 7pm every night haha. I always hope nobody comes to the door and sees me in my illuminous pink dressing gown :D

Oh and I've got the ditsy floral print case with cream background <3

Haha! I've gone through a LOT of antibacterial wipes. After suffering a d&v bug when he was only a few months old though its made me a huge germaphobe! I fear with nursery we will now all be living in a constant state of snot for the next couple of years *sigh*

And yep, 7pm is totally normal for me :) dinner in my pjs is a normal occurrence now. My DH actually cut up a pair of my pjs last week in protest. They were pretty grim and baggy as I got them 6 months pregnant! Romance and sexiness is definitely out the window at the moment :haha: I'm all about comfort :)

Haha!! I have a pair of baggy primark jarmie bottoms that I bought 2 sizes too big when I was pregnant. I fell in love with them and still wear them. I can actually pull them over my boobs and up to my chin now! Lol. OH said to me 3 days ago that he thinks they should go the distance. But I can't part with them :)

Which ck case do you have?!? I've got Charcoal Birds and its one of my fave prints - how sad... And even scarier in terms of similarities Jack is my next choice boy name! Jack and Henry sounds adorable!

Evenings are so rock and roll now we have babies aren't they? I was in pjs at 7 and am sat on the sofa infront of Eurovision after gorging myself on a curry! Not good given i have a 10k race for life in 5 weeks...god help me.

Well done getting out to soft play - it strikes fear into my heart. Germs galore coupled with kids going wild. I always need a stiff drink on a night when we've done that in the day!

Holly is so gorgeous Bev. Must be tough for you though. I used to cosleep and it was really exhausting as my sleep was always so light. One day though he just decided he wouldn't fall asleep on me or next to me. Was weird but I really do count myself very lucky. Do you cosleep or does holly sleep in a cot?

Harry - we are probably very close to each other as I'm about 10miles outside of the city centre :)

I've got a 3.5hour journey back home tomorrow which I'm dreading. Will have the dog with me this time as well so could be eventful at the services!

We co-sleep the whole time. Holly is terrified of her cot and even if I try to put her in there in the day to play with her toys she will scream and try to get out! I think I'll be co-sleeping for a few years yet! :haha:

Aww bless her little cotton socks xx she loves her mummy too much!

My sister still cosleeps the second part of the night with her 2 year old. It works for them. I'm a big believer in doing what works for you no matter what other thinks. I got a lot of judgement from friends and family for cosleeping when I did but I didnt care - what bought me sleep was a winner.

My lo loves the dog too - funny how all babies seem obsessed with animals. My poor dog has had her tail, paws and face pulled many times. She's so good with him though. Does holly chase after George? I think as soon as mine is on the move my dog is gonna have a very hard time...

I'm another who is in jammies pretty much 24/7 unless we go out. Nick is currently playing the xbox (yawn) and I am on here. We're gonna get back to Prison Break in a bit. I'm recording all the trash to watch when I'm on my own! I literally have about 7 or 8 pairs of primark pj's!! I have the cuff legged, fleecy ones and I LOVE them. Only £5, bargs!

Boo - are you gonna find out the sex with this little bean?

We haven't really been to a soft play yet, We went once when it was the Easter holidays and it was complete mayhem, put me off for life. Lots of overtired toddlers and children screaming and screeching. I think I'll wait to Anabella can at least crawl before we go again.

And welcome to the SJGPISY gang Lisa and Harry :)

Vicky I would def wait until she can crawl. Jack is a bit behind his friends on the old movement front and despite them all being the same age, some started crawling at 8 months! So I've been a few times with the gang to soft play. And I was always the one with the static baby. Other than the chat, it really was pointless taking him then. Today was the first time we've been since he is mobile and the difference was amazing. He loved it!

We will be staying team yellow again like we did with Jack. Mainly because of hubby. I caved before our 20 wk scan and wanted to find out but he stood firm. And tbh I'm pleased he did as I loved preparing all the neutral stuff and getting the surprise at the end. It was great :D

Did you girls find out?

I get a lot of judgement for co-sleeping too. I love co-sleeping but family give me pitying looks as if they think I've 'given in'. Some of my husband's family warned me never to co-sleep! I think I would miss her if she slept in a cot though!

Yes Holly chases the dog sometimes. She likes to try to kiss him right on the nose, but he doesn't like that! :haha:

We found out. I'm way too nosey not to. The thought that the sonography knew was too much for me! I can see the benefit either way. It was nice not to worry about girls names, and get some stuff boy specific. But I guess the surprise after labour is amazing. Just don't think I'm strong enough to wait it out...no restraint!

And I'm currently in a pair of super comfy primark pjs. You just can't argue with the prices ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->