skin irritation on legs

abmmcm

Reaction score
Hi there!

Brand spanking new mom here and I'm not really sure what I need to do for this problem ... so I thought I would see if anyone else knew what to do.

My little boy is almost 3 weeks old and last night I noticed that where his legs meet his hips (in that fold of skin) he is missing like the top two layers of skin. I'm guessing that this is due to moisture ... his diapers get changed frequently as he uses the bathroom all the time.

What can I do to dry him up and take care of this skin? It's got me really worried!

Any help would be highly welcomed.

I always put a layer of sudocreme on any folds of skin after every nappy change and bath.
I would wash the area very carefully and make sure its nice and dry - pat don't rub! Then add a layer of barrier cream - I use sudocreme (but only cos you can use it for just about anything) but there are plenty of others out there - just spotted you're in the US so not sure if you can get sudocreme - any good nappy cream should do; you want the skin to be able to breathe so it can heal up - lots of nappy free time might help too - but will be very messy!!
HTH

:hug: Always make sure he's dry before you put his nappy back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->