Slapped cheek

Jewls

Reaction score
OK I'm seriously freaking out... So just found out that my friends little boy has slapped cheek and the last couple of days I've been round their house... Now I'm really freaking myself out as when I looked it up its really dangerous to pregnant women in early pregnancy

Hey jewels,

So sorry to hear this, I know how everything can be so worrying in this early stage. It's spread by coughing and sneezing, if none of that got on you and you've washed your hands since I am sure it will be fine. Let your doctor know. They may offer extra scans throughout pregnancy.

Try not to freak out too much! You're probably immune anyway.

Hey jewels,

So sorry to hear this, I know how everything can be so worrying in this early stage. It's spread by coughing and sneezing, if none of that got on you and you've washed your hands since I am sure it will be fine. Let your doctor know. They may offer extra scans throughout pregnancy.

Try not to freak out too much! You're probably immune anyway.
Thank you I didn't really come in much contact with him and he certainly wasnt coughing or sneezing but my daughter was playing with him so now I'll have to keep an eye on her... I'll call my Dr in the morning as I've read they can do a blood test to see if your immune..... I'm such a worrier anyway so this just tips me over the edge... X

Yeah I can imagine, it's not what you need right now.

Hope everything is ok, I'm sure it will be though xxx :hugs:

I wouldn’t worry and just inform your doctor. I think most people are immune to it by the time they are even in their teens. Our son had it before and he just seemed to have a cold, probably had a fever and just super red cheeks. I never even realized it wasn’t good for pregnant women to be around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->