Sleep Advice

he went down easy in his cot, me and Jase would take it in turns and sit in the room with him, he used to just lay down and go to sleep within 20 mins.

He would still wake up in the nights but not as often and when he did we stayed in the room with him and he went back off to sleep.

We recently changed teh rooms around so hes in a bigger room and sleeps in the bottom bunk bed, thinking about it, its been since then it all started really.

He cant go back in the cot tho, we need it for the baby so he has to get used to his bed, going to take the top bunk off tonight tho to see if that makes any diffrence, he might be feeling a bit boxed in

x

It could be the fact he is in a new room and a new bed. That is alot to adjust to at once.

Yes give it ago with taking off the top bunk. Mine wouldn't sleep in a bunk until they were like 4yrs, they didn't like it, they got scared, so maybe that is Cobys problem.

Good luck Hun, hope it works out for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Right, go figure this.:wacko: I didn't get to Tesco's in the end, so we didn't do anything different last night. Charlie fell sleep on his bottle, went bed at 6.40pm, and woke at 6.05am!:happydance:

So, exactly the same routine as usual, but he slept through for the first night in 2 weeks!:dohh::happydance:

How did your night go Layla?:hugs:

my night was better, he slept so much better with teh top bunk removed. Came in to us once but went back in his bed right away to sleep.

Still couldnt get him to go to sleep in it tho, he did hi snormal trick of falling asleep downstairs with us.

x

Result! The way you have to look at it is that it's one thing overcome with him staying in his bed.:happydance:The others can follow.:hugs:

Jase had such a nightmare night last night, while i was at college one of the kids hamsters escaped, he had the wholwe house apart trying to find it with no luck lol

by the time i got home he was knckered bless him, but..............Coby was in bed!!!

Jase had managed to get him to go to sleep in his own bed :D

He came in with us during the night, but only for 5 mins, then went to sleep so we carried him back in to his bed.

So from now on, Jase is on bedtime duty lol

x

aww bless... Rhys is getting better he now only wakes up once in the night for cuddles then he falls back asleep. Keeps sneakly falling asleep on us in the evenings though!

We had another good night as well! Bed at 6.40, and up at 6.20am!:happydance:

Shame that Kayleigh's got a cold and her cough cough coughing kept me awake all night!:dohh:

well done for keep trying, i had a nightmare with kacy after me and matty came back from our honey moon and we think its cos i stayed at my parents the night before the wedding and kacy slept with me in my sister's bed, she was fine with my parents, but in the end we had to put the stair gate on her door, we put in bed did the usual things we did and left after 20 mins of having a trantum and feeling sorry for herslef she would go back to bed herself and fall asleep, matty kept changing the rules and would go up and see her at first which i made him stop but after she realised that me and matty were a patnership she stopped doing it, we still have the stair gate on her door but it doesn't get shut now.

Well, I've been up since 1.10am!

The poor little man must have a tooth coming through. His left cheek is burning. I've just given him an ashton and parsons and he's finally gone back sleep. I'm just having a cuppa and then I'm curling up on the sofa as DH is snoring his head off!

aww noo :(

make sure you get some rest today.

Jase got Coby to sleep in his own bed again last night! :D he sits on teh bed with him and doesnt talk to him, Coby just gets in to bed and lays down untill he drops off.

Think i will have to try it now tho coz Jase is starting to moan about doing it

x

Well, I've been up since 1.10am!

The poor little man must have a tooth coming through. His left cheek is burning. I've just given him an ashton and parsons and he's finally gone back sleep. I'm just having a cuppa and then I'm curling up on the sofa as DH is snoring his head off!

poor little man. Make sure you get some sleep today hun.

Sleep? What's that? I've been far too busy to sleep!:dohh:

Early night for me hopefully.....

How are things going ladies. Has Charlie settled a bit Amanda?, is the poor little man cutting a tooth?.
How is Coby going Layla??, is he still sleeping through the night ( well with the one short wake up)?

Hope all is going well. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Charlie woke at 4.10am this morning, which is a really odd time for him. Normally he's back down my 3.30am at the latest, not just getting up. I had assumed he was up for the morning, as he's usually up between 5 and 6, so after drinking his milk, I let him down to play. Well I went into the kitchen to make a cuppa and when I came back in, he was asleep on the floor!!!

So I carried him back to bed, got back in bed myself and slept until 6.55!

I got Coby to sleep in his bed last night, it only took about 10 mins, i just layed on the bed with him and he went right off, no fuss nothing, so it looks like we have cracked that now :D

Going to try and put him to bed eariler and eariler each night over the next couple of weeks, see if we can get him down by 8 at teh latest instead of 9.

He is still waking up and coming in with us during the night, but as soon as hes asleep we put him back in his bed, i dont mind that as much at the mo, im sure that will stop once he has finished teething.

x

I did it!!! :D

Coby has been really run down the past few days, Doc has put him on vitmin drops to give him a boost and my HV said i HAVE to get him in a sleep routine.

So tonight i took him up stairs to bed at 8.15 (will make this earlier week by week) and by 8.45 i was sat having my dinner in peace! :D

I laid on the bed with him, he tried to get off a few times but i laid him back down ad said bedtime in a firm voice, this went on for about 10 times...he did cry for a while but in the end he gave up trying to get off and stayed laying down. Didnt take him long once he stayed still to fall asleep.

Going to do the same everynight now, i think tomorrow he will try harder to get off the bed but im not going to let him. so pleased :D

x

Well done! I really hope that Coby has settled for you now :)

Excellent Layla, hope he contunues to settle easily for you :D

he slept through! i was stunned, i got up at 6 to check on him coz he had been so quiet lol

Fingers crossed he does it tonight.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"