Sleep Sense Support Group!

We've never had nappy rash ever - with first two teeth we had a few spots but a bit of sudocream and she was fine a few days later. Lets just hope those teeth come through and put an end to it! It has taken fibby a month to get two bottom teeth at 5mm high each!

I thought she'd get the two either side of her bottom two, but it's the top! Very unusual!! I know, Lizzie has never had a sore bot - I've been so proud - and it's a shock for all of us. She's really got wind, too, trumping like a trooper (but she does find this very funny...which is good!)

Here we are trying to bring up refined young ladies and they giggle at their own trumping. Fibby finds it ever so funny and clearly wants to do it again but doesn't know how!

I think Phoebe and Elizabeth may need a spell in finishing school.......

Here we are trying to bring up refined young ladies and they giggle at their own trumping. Fibby finds it ever so funny and clearly wants to do it again but doesn't know how!

When Mr Foo trumps Abby laughs and says "poop"

When Mr Foo trumps Abby laughs and says "poop"

:rofl::rofl: That made me laught out loud! bless her

:rofl:

That's hilarious!!! Abby, that's brilliant!!

Lizzie enjoys trumping in MrTGs face, when he's changing her morning nappy. I can hear her giggling like a trooper, and know what's happened before I even need to ask.

I think a spell in finishing school may be in order - what with all the diva tendencies, trumps...!! :rofl:

Quick update - nappy rash has goooooooooooooooonnnnneeeee!!!!!!!!!!1

:happydance: for the absence of nappy rash!! Any new teeth?

Well I've got an ear infection and the dr won't hand out antibiotics as new policies blah blah. So I;ve spent the day not being able to hear much at school :dohh: pupils have found it very funny to see me going 'Sorry' and aiming my good ear at them!

Fibby on top form - poured a jug of water all over her carpet (we had put olbas in a jug under her bed last night and I forgot to move it so she found it at bed time) so now her room smells really nice!

TG - Yay on rash free bums! :happydance:

HG - Ouch...I hate, hate, hate ear infections. I would rather give birth drug free (like I did) than to deal with the pain of an ear infection. You're a better woman than I am to walk out of the doctor's office without raising holy hell to get antibiotics for it.

Foo - :rofl: at Abby. Very clever of her to make the connection between trumping and pooping though!

No real new news here for us. We're still caught in that limbo stage where his sleep and nap patterns are changing but I haven't yet figured out the magic combination to make it all work. The closest I've gotten is that if I let him nap past 4, he tends to be a bit of a terror to get down for the night and ends up going to sleep quite a bit later than normal, which I don't mind but it doesn't guarantee him sleeping any longer or better. Other than that, just when I think I've figured something works, the next day it doesn't. He had 3 half hour naps today, waking at 3:20 this afternoon from the last one tired and rubbing his eyes but refusing to go back to sleep, so we had a crabby 3 hours before he went down for the night at 6:30 (he usually goes down around 7). I'm not sure if I should move his bedtime earlier until we get this figured out, or let him nap later if he happens to nap later and go for a later bedtime. :shrug:

Oh, and he's also pulling himself up to stand in his cot and then screaming the roof down because he's now stuck and won't let go because every time he lets go, he ends up bumping his head on something. :rolleyes: I'm hoping it's a brief phase before he figures out how to sit back down properly because it sucks 10 times more to be woken up to a distressed cry from your baby than anything else!

Ah, HC - I know what you mean about nap/sleep limbo...that phase until they get a new routine!! Hope lil Ronan gets his groove - we always just followed Lizzie's lead, and let her bedtime be a bit flexible. She's a lot more certain about bedtimes and naptimes now, but her one nap/two naps can still throw a curve ball!

With the standing thing, we'd have about five nights of the 'wow I'm standing, ARGH, I'M STANDING' thing! I bet he and Bailey will have a ball when he's standing!

In news here...Lizzie has discovered 'no' along with 'iss'. Today, 'can Mummy have a cuddle?' ....'nonononono' (cue HUGE belly-laugh from Lizzie) Daddy: 'can Daddy have a cuddle?'....'isssss' (cue kisses all round!)

:rofl: She's just so funny!

She's still getting really cross and upset at bath-time and bed-time. We've had a 'mama no' with tears, which I found really hard. So baths are more quick dunks with mummy and daddy, and then huge cuddles. I'm wondering if she's getting a bit overtired? As she's fine during the day?

Was very excited today, as she had paella with us for dinner (well, hers was chicken - took out chorizo and seafood) and she LOVED it.

We're also discovering the 'joys' of shoes - in that she tries everything possible not to wear them. Could be interesting!!

Anyway, hope you are all well...and big :hugs:

HGee - the top teeth and poking, just poking through...little glimmers!

Hope your ears are feeling better? :hugs: POor you, with the cold, too!! Lots of rest and tlc!!

Love Fibby throwing the water everywhere, she sounds like such a fun character!

Evening all!

very proud mummy today of my fibby and her sleep. Both her afternoon nap and bedtime she was quite awake and didn't want to go to bed. Cue lots of mumberling and moving around the cot. It took 25 mins this arvo and ten tonight but both times she laid herself down got ele-nu and went to sleep! Such a good girl!

Her cold is much better as is mine but my ear is still playing up. Stupid doctor. So trying all sorts to clear it - Terry's chocolate orange is my current medicine!

TG - Lizzie sounds so delightful! Not letting mummy have a cuddle but yes to daddy. Fibby wanted daddy to do her bath tonight and only stopped shouting 'Dadda' when he took over.

We are doing better on the bedtime screams - she only starts now at pjs on. We take her clothes off whilst playing on the floor and little miss naked scoots around into the bathroom. She often stands waiting for the bath to fill now which is very cute. She won't do clothes off lying on the bed in her room now just hates it :nope:

Lizzie is beating Fibby on the teeth front - we've only got the bottom two and nought anywhere else!

HC - we had about 3 weeks of fibby sitting up and not knowing how to lie down etc... but then she got the hang of it. By week 3 I was leaving her longer before rescuing her trying to make her learn how to do it.

Go Fibby self-settling with ele-nu!! :happydance: Lizzie has a nu-nu, too. Affectionately referred to as 'noon'. :D

Well, news from the TG household...Lizzie has been lying in! She's had one 7:30 and one 7:45. UNHEARD of! I am sure she'll be back to as early as possible tomorrow, and I wondered if it just coincided with her properly haring around now? Do you think it could be?

She's eating lots more at the moment, too, so it seems to add up that she's burning off more...

She's also had some priceless diva moments. I hid my phone from her earlier (she's quite obsessed with it) and we had a real humdinger of a shudder-shout-screech-issssssss-bottomlip-fistpump

So funny!

Hope you are all well :hugs: How are you feeling HG? HC, how is Ronan doing with the standing/settling?

TG - a lie in? what are they? forgotton in the past year....... my phone or the house phone are hunted out by little fibby in an attempt to get it, press it to her ear and shout 'Hiya' into it. She then likes to squirrel the said phone away in her play pen to play with later.

Fibby still isn't walking unaided yet but so wants to. She did have a mega mega scream today when she removed her highchair harness and stood up in her highchair and i made her sit back down. I think the neighbours heard..

I'm feeling much better today - ear is almost back to normal (i think it was the double chocalate biscuits that did it) but still sniverly and Fibby is still the snot queen.

But day off tomorrow........

my phone or the house phone are hunted out by little fibby in an attempt to get it, press it to her ear and shout 'Hiya' into it

:rofl: LOVE it!! That's sooooo cute!

Lizzie has a couple of toy phones, and I try and put them in place of mine / house phone. She just looks at me as if to say 'do you really think I am that easily fooled?!' and makes on her merry way to attack real phones.

Am glad that she's ok in the bath again - but still gets v cross on leaving the bath!

Glad you are feeling better - choccie biscuits are an unofficial antibiotic, I'm sure of it. Hope both you and Fibby are 100% asap, and have a lovely day off tomorrow!

Thanks TG I'm sure we will have a lovely day off!

Fibby isn't fobbed off with her phone she has (my old one) or the old fashioned pull along one I bought her. It doesn't light up and Mummy doesn't really want it so therefore not of interest!

We have an old-fashioned pull along, too. Does it have eyes?!

that wobble and a turn-y dial that dings? Oh yes - Phoebe drags it behind her and pokes it in the eyes. I have to talk down it.......

Yep, we have one and the same. I have to talk down it, too - and say 'oh, you want to speak to Lizzie?!' ... who may say 'howah' or may just whack the handset in an 'I mean business' fashion

:rofl:

Our ladies sound like a right pair!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"