Sleep Sense Support Group!

TG, Alex did that with naps and we had to give Alex his lunch before he napped or he would wake too early and hungry!
He did gradually push it back a bit so lunchtime became a more normal time again.

Thank you! Yep, she's been waking up REALLY hungry, and then in a grump! Or, if we give it to her at normal time...she's overtired.

Will do early lunches, and let her regulate. Thanks :hugs:

Even if you think she wont take a full lunch, split it into 2 snacks. One before nap and one after. We had to do that a few times aswell as he waas just too tired to sit and eat a full lunch.

that's a fab idea, thanks - I'll try that tomorrow (she's asleep right now!)

Hi all!

Well, our nights have gotten better (knock on wood) again, and our days are getting better. I've been keeping him up longer between naps now rather than at the first signs of being tired. He seems to settle much easier and to sleep longer.

Yesterday for both naps he actually fell asleep on his own with no fuss and no 'help' from me and slept for an hour and 20 both times. This morning's nap wasn't quite as successful and he had a meltdown, but he's had a tooth cut through and I think that's giving him grief as he didn't eat much at breakfast and fussed over nursing as well. :shrug:

It's nice to have more awake time with him between naps to do things, but I won't lie, there are days when I'm sitting there exhausted from chasing him and the dog around for a couple hours and keep looking to the clock to see if it's time for his next nap yet! :blush:

Life is finally starting to feel normal again (most days)! I'm feeling a bit out of sorts this weekend though. We had a friend (older but still...) get diagnosed with cancer and go rapidly downhill and within about 2 weeks, she passed away on Friday afternoon. We hadn't been able to visit her in hospital in the beginning because she had pneumonia and didn't want to risk Ronan being exposed to it, and then he got a cold anyway so we couldn't take him to see her then. She came home on Thursday though, and we went to see her Friday at lunchtime. She was asleep the whole time and it was so sad to see such a vibrant, happy woman laid so low. The house was full of friends and family though and everyone loved on and doted over Ronan. It was nice to see that he could bring smiles to people's faces under the circumstances and I think they appreciated the moments of levity.

Anyway, this Tuesday/Wednesday, at the age of 35 I'll be attending a wake and funeral for the first time ever. I've been blessed so far to have not lost most people close to me, but for those that I have lost I've always been out of the country and not able to make it.

On a lighter note, here's a little video of Ronan playing tug with his daddy who's pretending to be a dog! The monkey thought it was the bestest thing ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIPF2HU574A

HC :hugs: am so sorry to hear about your friend - sending my sympathies. I hope the funeral and wake go as well as can be expected. Unfortunately, I've had to attend funerals of those too young and too precious to go...it's very hard. Sending you a very big :hugs: I am glad her house was filled with those she loved - even though she was asleep, am sure she sensed and felt glad to be at home and surrounded by those she cared for. And Ronan will have provided everyone with a much needed moment of joy.

On a lighter note - that video is so lovely!! Isn't the monkey just SO adorable!?!?

I am v.glad to hear the nights are better...are you feeling rested? (well, as rested as us Mama's can be with our littlies!)

Just back from seeing our family...had a lovely moan to my Mama about our GP banging on about me 'still breastfeeding'. Makes out that I'm some kind of idiot for doing so *rollseyes* My Mum was fab and made me feel MUCH better! Lizzie has been running around non-stop, I don't know how she isn't tired?! She's eaten like a little wolf today, though...despite smushing egg into cats head. And the cat let it happen!?!

Thanks TG. She didn't actually get to go 'home' as there was a fire that gutted her home a few months ago :)() but her sister owns the home she grew up in up the road, so she went there. I guess in a way it was still home, especially since she was surrounded by her family and loved ones!

I can't argue with you on Ronan being too adorable either. :D I'm so glad I caught that on video.

Of course, just to keep me on my toes, he just napped for 2 hours and 40+ minutes and woke up blowing raspberries! Do you think I've managed to do anything productive this whole time expecting him to wake up any minute now? :rolleyes:

Hopefully Lizzie sleeps well when she does finally crash. It's funny what our pets will let our LO's get away with. Bailey puts up with so much in return for a few kisses and getting to share a snack or two. Ronan seems to want to keep holding his food out to Bailey and then seems a little surprised when Bailey actually takes it and eats it and leaves Ronan with nothing. :haha:

Hivechild - just a quickie to say sorry to hear about your friend. Also I love love love the video of Ronan, what a totally gorgeous laugh he has! Such a sweetie, no wonder he was able to bring a smile to people's faces even under such sad circumstances.

Evening all.

HC :hugs:Sending you massive hugs at this tough time - I hope it can go as well as it can. Glad to hear Ronan is sleeping better and hope he continues to do so. That video is soooo adorable - I could eat him all up! I still think he would make an excellent suitor for young Phoebe!

TG - I am now an offical Iphone lover and trying to love Nigella but I think I am going the Jamie Oliver way! I am trying to be a bit more adventurous to encourage Fibby not to become fussy but with working I need stuff that is quick or freezable! Work is just :growlmad: all to do with trying to get us to get very tough kids to pass their GCSEs with all A*to C which is impossible (some kids own no books at home, parents not interested or just not that able) and we are getting grief over it and pressure - when they can do Btec pe and drama and get 4 GCSEs equvilents (well they are not GCSEs they are mickey mouse stuff) so I have chosen to just :ignore: them! Sorry for the rant!

We have had a lovely weekend in and around home. Fibby can walk everywhere now and even runs :dohh: we are officcally one nap a day now and that hour before lunch is nuts!

HG - try Nigella's new book 'Kitchen'...has loads of ideas as to what can be made ahead, frozen and what the left-overs can be used for. Really useful like that. I like Jamie, too - but Nige wins out for me :D

That sounds like a nightmare on the work front. I've a good friend who is an English teacher, and she described exactly the same situation...she got SO angry. Basically saying how do you teach someone who doesn't want to be taught (she has a few kids whose parents and they just don't care)?! She's followed your route...ignore and carry on.

Sending you a :hug: and a snow-flecked brownie.

Lizzie and Fibby would get on famously - imagine the diva strops an hour before lunch. I get the face of fake anguish. Like 'if you don't pick me up NOW, my heart will break'...gets picked up, beams at me and tries to climb on my head. The SPEED with which face of fake anguish disappears is quite astonishing when own way is achieved!!

The face of fake! I love it!!!! FIbby so has this face and with her massive brown eyes she looks like this innocent, abused child whose mother is so mean that she won't even offer a cuddle!

She had a massive strop at dinner tonight with the in laws - I put mustard on my dinner and said no when she demanded some. Oh the screaming and pouting and pulling at grandad 'you would give me some' - bless her but I held firm and she rather sulkly began eating her veg. Very hard not to laugh!

Will check out old nigella - the foold looks great it is just her fawning over it!!!

Oh yes, she fawns hugely. And there is no need to call an olive a 'glistening teddy bears nose'. It's a b((dy OLIVE!

Hahaha, love Fibby and the mustard -it really is SO hard not to laugh, isn't it? Lizzie always wants the one thing on a plate she can't really have. Points and says 'iss' over and over, until she starts crashing her fist down in temper!! :rofl:

ETA - haha, and love the 'well, I'm hungry so I'll eat my veg...but I WILL SULK' so you know I'm displeased with you!

I'd have given Ronan mustard on his plate. :blush:

Then again he eats Indian food too.

Lizzie has eaten Indian food...although, I tend to giver her milder sauces. I gave her some chicken dhansak one evening, and wooooooooooooooah spicy lentil nappy was in-teresting!! :rofl:

:rofl: yeah, sometimes I regret having given something to Ronan but only when I'm having to change his nappy the next day!

Fun day with La Liz today - we've read a selection of her books about 10000 times. She brings them over, passes them to me, makes a noise of utter impatience and then beams when I start to read! DH was pointing out that it melted his heart when he couldn't read at the exact moment Lizzie required yesterday (he was on the phone) So she did a sad face, sat down and turned all the pages carefully...looking at him! He just cut the call short :D

We've had several Faces of Fake - when I was falsely accused of eating her fruit crumble, when cat had audacity to move when she stroked him...and when I didn't find her ripping my lip off my face *quite* as amusing as she did! :rofl:

Hope all well :hugs:

Thank goodness - not another monday until next week! urgh hate work but.... when I went to collect Fibby from the CM as soon as I opened the front door she ran (this is a girl who crawled ten days ago) down the hallway jumped up and gave the most beautiful kisses and talking all with a huge grin :thumbup: it was fab and almost worth going to work to come back and see that!

TG - Lizzie and you OH have melted my heart! Grandpa made Fibby a bookcase for her birthday and we filled it with our favourite books but her favourite is wheels on the bus. She climbs into my lap opens the book and demands I sing. Daddy has been trying to shy away from singing wheels on the bus (tried to hide the book under the bed but Fibby is to clever!) but she managed to convince him yesterday that no other book would do and that it was the only thing to make up for the disappointment over the mustard.

Does Lizzie stick her fingers in your mouth then yank? This is Fibby's favourite past time when no other can be found or having a mummy only day but it kills my face! Fibby has had no Diva moments today (or a least whilst I was with her). It has been very disconcerting..... she is probably planning them for my day off!

HC - I've fed Fibby Tika Masla before which she loved but the mustard was English and quite strong so was unsure! She clearly let me know I was wrong and was very sulky. Hope Ronan is well.

Aw, you got a hero welcome home! Aren't they the best? Lovely Fibby! I knock at the door and shout 'helllllo', and I can hear Lizzie make a dinosaur noise - she's whisked up (unfortunately, she doesn't really run in the hall, as she has a penchant for eating shoes / lying in cats 'sancturary' bed where possible...) and then has a little frenzy of excitement. I LOVE it!!

I know, DH said he just went 'gotta go now, bye' on the phone, as he said his heart was just melting!!

Good choice from Fibby, and LO's *always* work out hiding places, so Mr HG is going to have to warm up the vocal chords! Lizzie is all about a Spot book at the moment, really makes her giggle!

Yes, seems our DDs have the 'twist n rip' down to a fine art...blimey, it HURTS! That and the same on my boob! She thinks it's utterly hilarious :rofl:

When is your day off?

I have every wednesday off - but she was such a star this weekend really that I just want it to be Wednesday already!

Fibby has a thing for the dog basket to - she likes to lie in it (bearing in mind it is smelly and full of blankets the dog makes a bed out of) and go 'arrrhhhhh' before bouncing up to drum on the radiator behind it making the whole house shake! She also has a dinosaur noise - a low grrrr / roar that she makes when cross or ultra excited. I have to say the hero welcome is just so wonderful - Daddy gets it when he comes in but she is normally upstairs hanging on to the stair gate shouting 'Hiya' until he appears where upon she turns around and runs and hides so they can play their silly games of chase and roar etc....

I think I will get some more song books (they have holes in) from Father Christmas as the wheels on the bus is wearing thin...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->