Sleep Sense Support Group!

Whohooo Max! Feels brilliant!!
We had our first night like that on Sunday and got a repeat last night!

So there is hope!!!

Excellent maxbean!
You sound so full of that happy 'my-baby's-sleeping-and-I-can't-believe-it' feeling! Keep doing what you're doing, and it will become habit - I don't thimk you're being premature; this is exactly how it happened with us. Woo hoo!

redpoppy - It sounds like you are trying so hard to help your LO, but inadvertently you may be confusing her, as there isn't a set way of getting her to sleep.
A routine that doesn't waver, and the same reaction to her crying every time, is the only way she can feel that she knows what to expect of you, and what you expect of her.
We got stuck in a pattern of rocking for 10mins, bouncy chair for 10mins, rocking again, dummy for 10mins etc.
We couldn't work out why Evan kept up the screaming when we were doing everything we could think of. But that was exactly the problem - he didn't have a clue what we were trying to do, and every night saw us doing things differently.
As soon as we showed him we had a routine and it wouldn't change, he knew what was coming next, and was sooo much happier, and fell asleep quickly.
Nobody likes crying, but it's what babies do, they can't talk to you so it's all they have. It isn't the same as when an adult cries.
I can only tell you that I was the same as you, and our problems were caused by the fact that we wouldn't let Evan cry.
As soon as we gave him a sleeptime routine, he worked out the pattern and without a doubt feels secure because of it. Now I can see that the chaos we had at bad and nap time was much more distressing for him, than any crying he might have done.
I hope you find something that works for you x

Way to go Max - that is brilliant news! Amazing how quickly things can change isn't it?

Historygirls - yay for another brilliant night! And enjoy the zoo - I thought it was yesterday for some reason! :dohh:

Redpoppy - what do you currently do regarding naps? When does your LO nap during the day at the moment? The thing that I found most helpful was figuring out how long my LO could stay awake for before needing a nap - when he was younger it was an hour and a half - he will fall asleep much easier if I encourage a nap at the right time than if I leave it too late or too early. I don't have fixed times for naps because it depends on the length of the last nap/what time LO got up at in the morning, etc - so that just wouldn't work for us, the only reasonably fixed time is bedtime which I don't vary by more than about 30 minutes. I have also found it very useful to have a wind down routine to let LO know that nap-time is coming - I think this works well for my LO because he quite easily gets over-stimulated and then can't turn off from it - so what we do is start the wind-down period a good twenty to thirty minutes before he is due to go to sleep - keep the stimulation very low and also cues him that the nap is approaching - this has really helped us. When I started with sleepsense for naps I already knew how long my LO could stay awake for before needing a nap but I was bouncing him to sleep in the chair for each nap, the problem was that he didn't sleep very well in the chair and would never sleep for longer than 45 minutes. I was terrified about putting him in the cot for naps as when I had tried it in the past he had just screamed. But it was a lot easier than I was expecting - I don't know if that was because he was just developmentally ready to make the move to the cot for naps - or because we were taking a consistent approach with his sleep overall - or because I was pretty familiar with his tired signs and knew when to put him down. Not sure.

I think if you don't feel comfortable starting just yet then you should definitely wait a couple of weeks and reassess the situation. A lot can change with our LOs in just a couple of weeks. I started putting Thomas in the cot for his naps at 4 months and it was a pretty easy transition and I'm not sure whether it would have been so easy if I had tried it when he was younger. There is no point in trying to do something if you are worried that your baby is too young. But I would say don't leave it too long before having another think about it, as it is much easier for everyone before they are too mobile/habits are too ingrained, etc.

Morning!

Excellent news HG and Maxbean!! You must both be feeling fabulous! Let us know how Phoebe enjoys the zoo...and good luck at the childminder :hugs:

RedPoppy - I think the ladies have given some fab advice...we were setting ourselves up for awful habits and gave poor DD no consistency, because we didn't want her to cry. I hate, hate, hate hearing her cry...but, honestly, there wasn't as much as we thought there would be...and it was very different crying to her 'upset' cry. More anger at not being able to get to sleep. We started around five months.

Well, DD had four feeds again last night! I'm quite tired...but she clearly needs it, as she's like a wolf! Am just sooooooooooooo glad she settles immediately after each feed.

Jacs, Polaris...good nights?

Oh my goodness TennisGal - how long can she keep up the four feeds a night? You must be totally shattered - I hope your DH is looking after you and you are keeping your strength up with lots of chocolate! You won't know yourself when she goes back to sleeping normally - you never know she might well sleep through when she gets past this growth spurt!

We had quite a disturbed night, Thomas woke up at 10.30 but resettled after 4 minutes of on and off whingy crying, woke again at 1, again resettled himself after about 5 minutes of on/off whinging, woke again at about 3, again he was doing his on-off whingy cry rather than his 'I'm starving' cry but I decided to get up and feed him anyway and he then went back to sleep until 6.45. I know I maybe should have left him to resettle himself as he wasn't really crying but I just thought he would be awake again in another hour or so, so it was just easier to get up and feed him - and when I did feed him he took a good feed - although he was very sleepy and it was hard to keep him awake to feed. What do other people do in that situation? It hasn't really happened to us in a long time as normally when Thomas wakes up he has been able to resettle himself in a minute or two unless he is clearly hungry. Think he's maybe just a bit less settled at the moment in general.

I am v.tired, Polaris - DH has been brilliant, he's been supplying treats, doing much housework and also gets up with DD in the morning before he goes to work (giving me a mini lie-in). I've been eating SO much, I'm permanently hungry. I've honestly never seen her so hungry!! On top of her solid feeds, too! If she wasn't resettling straight away, I'd be a zombie, so I'm so grateful to SS. As is DH!

I've always fed when in the situation you've outlined above...like you say, you almost know when they are growing a bit and a little unsettled, so I know a good feed normally helps out. Especially as our LOs can self-settle so well now :hugs: Has he been feeding more today, also?

I know this isn't strictly CC because you're there the whole time but I just feel that much crying and stress in a baby might do something... I odn't know what.. like affect her chemical balances or something. :shrug::blush:
I don't believe any of that is the case but I'm confused, isn't your baby crying anyway when you try to get her to sleep?

So what's the difference? By following sleepsense, that will continue but only for a short time, then once she has learned to settle herself she won't cry at all when you try to get her to sleep.

It's not so much about not leaving them, but what are you doing when you stay. On an earlier discussion, we all came to the conclusion that it may well be that sometimes parents get in the way of their baby falling asleep. Shusshing, patting or even just being there might be distracting or stimulating for her. Of course when you pick them up to put them on you to sleep, you tend to stop "soothing" which is why they sleep quickly. Certainly Abby was happier when we left her to it - and still is for the most part.

I also wouldn't hang about with starting. There will never be a "good" time if you aren't entirely happy. After whatever is stopping you now there will be the 4 month growth spurt, then the teething etc etc.

For us, starting at the point where she was 3 months meant we didn't have to deal with rolling over or standing up or breaking any deep rooted problems. At 3 months you can do the pick up / put down method which sounds like it will be more comfortable for you.

If I put her to sleep she'll cry less than a minute and that will be a few whingey cries.

If I put her down and she wakes up, she'll cry more.

With every put down and get up I'll have to rock her with more force instead of just swaying her to sleep.

If I leave her, she'll easily cry for over ten minutes, and that's as long as I can bear.
If I pick her up or stroke her or talk to her or make eye contact she wakes more and cries more.

SO with the sleep sense programme, for me and my baby, it will be just sitting next to her and looking away while she tries to figure it out.

And I'm pretty certain that the guidelines for leaving the baby to cry, even if you go back and check, are 6 months.

I'm not "entirely happy" because she's very young

She's a clever girl and she's figured out how to self settle at night time. She is taking two feeds but I think thats because she was a slow gainer and i wasn't producing enough milk and in her growth spurt started drinking 6 bottles a day.

She's now on 5 bottles a day and now gets up one extra time at night. :shrug:

SO I wonder if its something she'll pick up as she has done with the night time. :shrug:

Redpoppy - I was so convinced like you I had a screamer who wouldn't stop and one time it was about 90 mins at naptime which was so hard (I sobbed for about half of it). Yet about 3 weeks later I have a different baby. I started like you are just got her sleeping on me for most of her naps, yet for the last 3 days she has done it all herself and my house has never been so tidy! She never cries at nap time now and never at bedtime (even if it is daddy doing it or like last week when we were on holiday - she even went down in a different holiday house when we went to friends for dinner) and best of all last night she slept from 7pm to 5,50am with no feed, woke twice and did herself and once where I went in and gave her nunu back (she'd chucked him out of the cot the little minx). I was in there 30 secs max. However just do what is best for you.

So my second night in six months of not feeding! Wow! OH adapts quicker than I slept soolid from 10.30 to 5.40 whereas I was awake at 2, 4.30 etc.....

Right breakfast time me thinks and madam is farting away on the floor without her nappy off and I am nervous of explosions on the towel!

How old was she when you started the routine?

In fact that's a question for all of you: how old were your babies when you started the sleep sense training?

DD was five months (approx) when we started Sleep Sense

Way to go Max - that is brilliant news! Amazing how quickly things can change isn't it?

Historygirls - yay for another brilliant night! And enjoy the zoo - I thought it was yesterday for some reason! :dohh:

Redpoppy - what do you currently do regarding naps? When does your LO nap during the day at the moment? The thing that I found most helpful was figuring out how long my LO could stay awake for before needing a nap - when he was younger it was an hour and a half - he will fall asleep much easier if I encourage a nap at the right time than if I leave it too late or too early. I don't have fixed times for naps because it depends on the length of the last nap/what time LO got up at in the morning, etc - so that just wouldn't work for us, the only reasonably fixed time is bedtime which I don't vary by more than about 30 minutes. I have also found it very useful to have a wind down routine to let LO know that nap-time is coming - I think this works well for my LO because he quite easily gets over-stimulated and then can't turn off from it - so what we do is start the wind-down period a good twenty to thirty minutes before he is due to go to sleep - keep the stimulation very low and also cues him that the nap is approaching - this has really helped us. When I started with sleepsense for naps I already knew how long my LO could stay awake for before needing a nap but I was bouncing him to sleep in the chair for each nap, the problem was that he didn't sleep very well in the chair and would never sleep for longer than 45 minutes. I was terrified about putting him in the cot for naps as when I had tried it in the past he had just screamed. But it was a lot easier than I was expecting - I don't know if that was because he was just developmentally ready to make the move to the cot for naps - or because we were taking a consistent approach with his sleep overall - or because I was pretty familiar with his tired signs and knew when to put him down. Not sure.

I think if you don't feel comfortable starting just yet then you should definitely wait a couple of weeks and reassess the situation. A lot can change with our LOs in just a couple of weeks. I started putting Thomas in the cot for his naps at 4 months and it was a pretty easy transition and I'm not sure whether it would have been so easy if I had tried it when he was younger. There is no point in trying to do something if you are worried that your baby is too young. But I would say don't leave it too long before having another think about it, as it is much easier for everyone before they are too mobile/habits are too ingrained, etc.

It depends on the length of her nap but about two hours is the length of time.

If I sway her to sleep just in time she'll go down without a peep.

Thing is, she cried for 13 mins straight last night and I'm not sure if its because she hates being taken out of the bath or if she hates the wind down routine or if she hates the idea of going to bed. But its something relatively new.

And this morning she's all rashy. I worry because i have skin conditions that get worse with stress and I realise she's not mentally stressed but she can release stress chemicals when she's upset right? :shrug:

I'm not going to wait forever and I know what people are saying about teething and the like but I don't know what the right thing to do is. :shrug:

I don't know if I could handle a 90 minute cry by myself at home. :cry:

WHy is controlled crying not recommended before 6 months by the way? If I know why then I could maybe asses whether I can find it acceptable for a 3 months old.

It depends on the length of her nap but about two hours is the length of time.

If I sway her to sleep just in time she'll go down without a peep.

Thing is, she cried for 13 mins straight last night and I'm not sure if its because she hates being taken out of the bath or if she hates the wind down routine or if she hates the idea of going to bed. But its something relatively new.

And this morning she's all rashy. I worry because i have skin conditions that get worse with stress and I realise she's not mentally stressed but she can release stress chemicals when she's upset right? :shrug:

I'm not going to wait forever and I know what people are saying about teething and the like but I don't know what the right thing to do is. :shrug:

I don't know if I could handle a 90 minute cry by myself at home. :cry:

WHy is controlled crying not recommended before 6 months by the way? If I know why then I could maybe asses whether I can find it acceptable for a 3 months old.

My advice really would be don't start until you feel comfortable with it. You are your LO's mummy and you have to feel that you are doing the right thing for her, if you are worried about whether it's right for you then I would stick with what you are doing now for the moment. You sound like someone who gives a lot of thought to what is best for your LO so I'm sure that things will work out just fine for her. I do think there is probably a developmental component to naps and that night-time sleep tends to sort itself out earlier than day time sleep.

I wouldn't be able to handle that amount of crying either. About ten minutes is pretty much my maximum too really. There have been two occasions where I have put Thomas down for a nap and he just hasn't settled, on both occasions I have got him up after about 15 to 20 minutes and fed him, I know this would be frowned on according to sleepsense but it is not like him so I just needed to do whatever I can to soothe him.

I think that it will become pretty clear anyway when the right time is to start sleep training - for example you might find that she stops being able to fall asleep in your arms so that you are getting a lot of crying before going to sleep anyway (this is what happened to us) or you might find that her naps are getting shorter and she's clearly overtired during the day (this was happening to us too). I think the benefits have to be clear in order to motivate you to make changes. For me it was when Thomas was just turning four months. I have thought a lot about whether I would start earlier if I was doing it again and I'm not sure if I would. I would definitely be more conscious of avoiding him becoming overtired but if that meant rocking him to sleep etc. so that he got his sleep, then I think I would still do that.

I'm not sure of all of the reasons why CC is not recommended before six months. I think it is partly because that is the age where crying can start to become behavioural, so they can start to fight sleep in order to have the pleasure of your company. Also by six months, all babies should be able to develop self-settling skills pretty easily whereas a very young baby may not have the capacity to self-soothe no matter how long you leave them to cry. I don't think that allowing a young baby to cry for long periods is a good thing - I have read that the stress-regulation systems in the body are developing in the first six months so too much stress hormone in the first six months can have a negative effect on the ability to manage stress in the future. For me, doing sleep training when we did definitely reduced the amount of crying and stress for Thomas. But you are the only one who can judge when the time is right for your LO.

The thing is, she has started fussing a lot more before sleeping and I've only just (in the last two weeks) become aware of this. And I do really want to train my baby to sleep but I want to know she's ready and I'm not enforcing something on her that she's a little too young to get. I also do NOT want to hear her cry for more than perhaps 20 minutes maximum (this has gone up since I timed how much my baby cried last night for 13 mins!!!! I think I dealt with it pretty well!)

I mean, any baby can be taught to not cry by just leaving them to cry for a few days. My brother was left to cry a lot as a baby (newborn) and after a few months everyone used to comment on how he never cries. Now I don't know if he has issues because of that or because of a billion other things in his life (he's great but definitely has intimacy and trust issues) but then there are a billion other valid reasons for him to be that way. I mean he's a great and lovely and amazing guy but he definitely has those issues. but then again... who knows? Maybe everything's just fate and I'm worrying over something totally inconsequential.

Although I had decided to get her sleep into a pattern, this afternoon nap I thought I'd leave her to cry a little and see if she could figure it out, but for some reaons her nighttime skills just DO NOT pass over to the daytime. :wacko: It makes me laugh as she's obviously developed this skill although it's quite new and she probably hasn't mastered it yet but I don't understand why I can put her in her cot at night, awake but drowsy, but if I do that in the daytime she screams bloody murder! :shrug:

Also I wonder if my maternal instinct to mollycoddle her and allow her to nap on me and spoil her because i hate seeing her in a rash is a bad thing because I'm setting up difficult habits for her to break with more difficulty in the future or if its a natural instinct which has evolved over millennia to protect and nurture my baby to it's best ability.
:dohh:

I know i'm over thinking this.

But I think waiting till she's even just a little older, till her napping times are a little more set and till hopefully she's ready to sleep through the night, when she gains enough weight to that is, and when hopefully her skills to self settle most of the time at night is better, I just feel that will b a better time.

I know I'm not going to do it if she starts teething or gets ill but hopefully there'll be time in a couple of weeks still!

Question: how do you introduce the comfort blanket? I will check what it says in the guide. Where did you get yours from (or did you use an old item of clothing)?

RedPoppy - I agree with Polaris. Start when you feel ready - for me and for DH, that was when DD was five months. If you don't feel quite ready - it will be stressful :hugs:

DD has had teething flare ups since she was three months...but still no teeth! She was not properly rested during the day (due to sleeping on me or DH) and we thought her getting a proper good sleep in her cot would help with teething etc. I think it has, she's so calm since she's been sleeping well.

I know how horrid it is hearing your LO cry, and not knowing what's best to do...DH and I found it all v.stressful...but we're here to support with SS where we can :hugs:

RedPoppy - I agree with Polaris. Start when you feel ready - for me and for DH, that was when DD was five months. If you don't feel quite ready - it will be stressful :hugs:

DD has had teething flare ups since she was three months...but still no teeth! She was not properly rested during the day (due to sleeping on me or DH) and we thought her getting a proper good sleep in her cot would help with teething etc. I think it has, she's so calm since she's been sleeping well.

I know how horrid it is hearing your LO cry, and not knowing what's best to do...DH and I found it all v.stressful...but we're here to support with SS where we can :hugs:

AAAAAARGH!!!! :hissy:

I don't know the answer! :cry: I'm being a nutcase about this but being home alone with her all day everyday means I can't think straight at the best of times. :dohh:

She's been quite fussy this afternoon and I'm wondering if that's a sign she's ready for a bit of training. BUt I just know it's not going to be worth it if I give up and if she cries for a very long time I will. I suppose I know she's worse with me interacting with her so maybe just staying within her sight but not looking at her? God that sounds so cruel though. :cry:

Babies are stoopid! If you're tired, go sleep! Isn't it? :winkwink:

Makes me want to just give her opium. My nana was weaned on Opium. She turned out great. :shrug: :mrgreen:

[/nutcase rant]

Oh redpoppy, you poor thing, you sound totally torn! Only you can decide what to do, but whatever you decide, you need to stick to it. If you go down the SS route, give it a good chance, or LO has gone through it for nothing.
The blankie we just gave to Evan one day. I didn't think he would bother about it, but he didn't let go, and sucked and cuddled it until he was asleep! Now, he often spreads it across his face when he sleeps, it isn't big or heavy, but I always move it as soon as he's asleep! He's got one from Asda, and one from Mothercare, so I can wash them and have one in his cot. He isn't bothered which one he has.

We were back to sleeping through again last night (know you probably don't want to hear that TG!). He was still up 6am on the dot though!!

Polaris - Thomas sounds great at settling himself at night. Evan has rarely woken since we started SS, so we just feed him. Not sure what I would do if he woke more than once though - he's been so good, I'd probably think something was wrong! Sounds like you're doing the right thing to me though.

TG - Top marks for your stamina! Your LO will be joining Mensa soon, with all this developing!

Red Poppy - When Earl was about 8 weeks old I was completely at a loss as to how to deal with his naps. He just wouldn't sleep, was eating ravenously every 2.5 hours and everyone was telling me that this was too much, and that I should do something about it........helpful? I think not lol.

What I did in the end was I lost my rag with everyone and just did it our way. For 2 days I noted down every little thing he did. I looked for hunger cues, sleep cues, his routine, how long he slept for, what seems to get him to sleep, it was the basis of an Earl manual lol. I could see after 2 days that he had a 2.5 hour food cycle (which at nigt translated to a 4.5 hour one :thumbup:) and a 1.5 hour sleep cycle. So, I tried to design a routine. The only place he would sleep consistently was on me, so I said that every 1.5 hours we would sit down, TV off, get comfy and have a nap (well Earl would anyway lol). Every 2.5 hours we would have a feed. I would make sure that he had a bottle at 5pm (even if was only 2-3oz to tide him over), which would then make him ready for bed after his bath at 6pm.

This worked a treat. At 4.5 months I decided it was time that he come off me (so for 2 months he slept consistently on me, but at least he was napping and as a means to an end it worked. As well as being great at getting him off to sleep). I worked at it for a week consistently, not allowing him to sleep on me, and within that week he was taking all his naps in his cot.

For nightime I had a proper routine, 6pm every night, up to the bathroom, lights on low, music box on, nappy off time followed by a relaxed bath (either flannel or full), dressed into pyjamas, bottle in the nursery, read from a book for 5 mins, then into his cot with his dummy and muslin (the SS guide says no dummy's but Earl would get tummy aches which only the dummy would help - I didn't know about SS at this point though :shrug:) He would take anything up to an hour to go down, but after persistence and patience he would go down to sleep and wouldn't wkae until his night feed....not a peep. by 10 weeks he was sleeping through :thumbup: This of course didn't last as his 4 month growth spurt started at 13 weeks and is still going on I'm pretty sure lol.

Basically, there is hope with any situation. 2 bits of advice....sleep breeds sleep, so just getting 1 nap successfully under your belt can help your day go smoother. And 1 step at a time, you can't get them to do everything immediately, so tackle one thing at a time. If sleeping on you works, then do it vas at least they'll be sleeping, so you can then look at your night time.

Sorry ladies, that turned into an essay lol.....just thought it would be useful. :shrug:

We were back to sleeping through again last night (know you probably don't want to hear that TG!)

:D Can you ask Evan to send DD some 'this feed can really last a bit longer' vibes?! hehe...I've a feeling it may go on a bit longer! I've honestly never seen her so ready for a feed, it's quite unbelievable! Well, gives me an excuse to say 'I actually NEED that cake, it's not a want, it's a NEED' (which I have said, more than once...)

DD enjoyed her broccoli trio for lunch...but has definitely had some flatulence side effects (broc, cauli, sweet pot) which she is finding utterly hilarious! Isn't it great, just to find trumping that hilarious?! We've got a veggie lasagne to try tomorrow...

RedPoppy - DD doesn't like being picked up etc when she's settling, so if she's a bit grumpy...I find singing or talking to her in a very low, quiet voice helps. Maybe that could be worth a try?

The thing is, she has started fussing a lot more before sleeping and I've only just (in the last two weeks) become aware of this. And I do really want to train my baby to sleep but I want to know she's ready and I'm not enforcing something on her that she's a little too young to get. I also do NOT want to hear her cry for more than perhaps 20 minutes maximum (this has gone up since I timed how much my baby cried last night for 13 mins!!!! I think I dealt with it pretty well!)

I mean, any baby can be taught to not cry by just leaving them to cry for a few days. My brother was left to cry a lot as a baby (newborn) and after a few months everyone used to comment on how he never cries. Now I don't know if he has issues because of that or because of a billion other things in his life (he's great but definitely has intimacy and trust issues) but then there are a billion other valid reasons for him to be that way. I mean he's a great and lovely and amazing guy but he definitely has those issues. but then again... who knows? Maybe everything's just fate and I'm worrying over something totally inconsequential.

Although I had decided to get her sleep into a pattern, this afternoon nap I thought I'd leave her to cry a little and see if she could figure it out, but for some reaons her nighttime skills just DO NOT pass over to the daytime. :wacko: It makes me laugh as she's obviously developed this skill although it's quite new and she probably hasn't mastered it yet but I don't understand why I can put her in her cot at night, awake but drowsy, but if I do that in the daytime she screams bloody murder! :shrug:

Also I wonder if my maternal instinct to mollycoddle her and allow her to nap on me and spoil her because i hate seeing her in a rash is a bad thing because I'm setting up difficult habits for her to break with more difficulty in the future or if its a natural instinct which has evolved over millennia to protect and nurture my baby to it's best ability.
:dohh:

I know i'm over thinking this.

But I think waiting till she's even just a little older, till her napping times are a little more set and till hopefully she's ready to sleep through the night, when she gains enough weight to that is, and when hopefully her skills to self settle most of the time at night is better, I just feel that will b a better time.

I know I'm not going to do it if she starts teething or gets ill but hopefully there'll be time in a couple of weeks still!

Question: how do you introduce the comfort blanket? I will check what it says in the guide. Where did you get yours from (or did you use an old item of clothing)?

Redpoppy - I over think everything too. It is a bit of a curse at times. I am trained in psychology and on the one hand it is great to have some knowledge of child development, attachment, etc., on the other hand it means that I often agonize over making decisions about how to bring up my LO and whether I'm doing what is best for him. I think though in the end of the day our LOs are loved and we care about the decisions that we make for them and I really believe that that is the most important thing - ultimately there are different ways to bring up children and they all have advantages and disadvantages. I think that you should trust your instincts and if you think that now is not the right time to work on self-settling for naps then you are probably right - for you and your LO - what is right for someone else may not be right for you. Sorry for waffling on but I hope that makes sense!

Re: introducing a comforter - I went out and bought two little blankets with heads on them (good to have a spare) and just started giving one to him every time I put him down to sleep. He took to them straight away really and will rub his face into the blanket and sometimes suck on it a bit. Oh I slept with it first for a night so that it would have my smell on it.

I think though in the end of the day our LOs are loved and we care about the decisions that we make for them and I really believe that that is the most important thing - ultimately there are different ways to bring up children and they all have advantages and disadvantages. I think that you should trust your instincts

Totally agree with all of that...

Fascinating job, Polaris!!

I think though in the end of the day our LOs are loved and we care about the decisions that we make for them and I really believe that that is the most important thing - ultimately there are different ways to bring up children and they all have advantages and disadvantages. I think that you should trust your instincts

Totally agree with all of that...

Fascinating job, Polaris!!

It is such a fascinating job - I don't work with children though, I work with adults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->