Sleep Sense Support Group!

Fascinating job - must be immensely rewarding and interesting

Tonight is the first evening OH is attempting to put Alex down.

Hes done naps, but not big sleeps.

Well Hello!

What a day! First things first as it is a sleep group DD went to bed like a lamb after a tiring day! (following a supper of beef stew and baby rice and tomato).

Right now other stuff!

Good stuff: Loved the zoo - especially the Gibbons. Cue me and her cousins doing the funky gibbon dance in public much to her hilarity. didn't like the cow but thought meerkats sold car insurance so was surprised to find they lived in a sandy enclosure. I put her right though. I also think I'm going to be a problem mum for her! i kept tutting (to myself) at the way other children behaved! She was an angel for the childminder - even had a nap!

Bad stuff: I cried for about 20 mins after dropping her off and then prob a good half hour when we had a snuggle on the sofa after the zoo. i have been denying that work on Monday would actually happen. Am I to old to run away? i was thinking of taking to the road with her and dog so we couldn't be found.

If anyone knows how to make money without having to work please let me know. My own mother suggested becoming a lady of the night!!!!!!! (I hope she was joking.....)

Hope you are all having happy bedtimes and sending TG and your DD some 'you don't need to eat that much at night' dust! The thing for me when I was up loads was doughnuts. mmmmmmmmm.

but i do love cake.

Historygirls - the zoo sounds brilliant! We live pretty near a big zoo, I must bring Thomas soon! Might bring him in the baby carrier as the pram still tends to put him to sleep!

Arcanegirl - ooh good luck, hope Alex settles well for your OH.

Well Thomas has not seemed quite so ravenous today and went off to sleep with no problems, hopefully he will have a more settled night tonight.

Arcane Girl - hope all goes well for you, OH and LO! Let us know how he settles!

HG - sounds like you had a loooooooovely time at the zoo. Glad to hear Phoebe is clear on what meerkats do...even dashing Eastern European meerkats who travel choppy seas (only to be confused with car insurance websites!) I think I'll be an embarrassing Mum...I'm almost looking forward to it ;)

I also think she has wonderful taste in animals - gibbons!

Also, wonderful behaviour for the childminder...and a nap.

Lots and lots and lots of :hugs: Must be so hard...I've got a little while longer, but I can imagine tears. Just think, you'll all be in a routine v. soon, Phoebe will have loooooads of treats, you'll have lovely, long holidays and she's v.lucky to have such a lovely Mummy who loves her to bits.

Tell you what - let's have a Lottery deal??

I'm delighted to hear about her dinner - we're trying a veggie lasagne tomorrow! She got quite irritated that we weren't sharing our pasta (we ate early tonight)...and I'm annoyed with myself that I didn't think, and added so much salt to the sauce.

I've eaten some 'nana cake...big positive to growth spurt is eating as much as a small horse, but not gaining any weight. Although, I think sleep is marginally preferable to cake!

Polaris - fingers crossed you have a settled night :hugs:

DD had a wee grumble as she went to sleep, but is now settled. She's been really funny today - her facial expressions have been speaking a thousand words.

I've cried three times today. :cry: My baby doesn't know how to go to sleep AND she's breaking out in some rash.

I put her down for night time sleep and she started crying and I couldn't handle it as she's done the whole night time things for two and a half nights by herself.

So in a panic (not having bought any comfort blankets) I took my top off and half threw it at her in the cot.

So then she struggled for about five or ten minutes and has now gone to sleep. :wacko:

HG: Selling your body or selling drugs are two viable options. Those and winning the lottery. Or major fraud.

Redpoppy - they are strange little things aren't they! She probably liked the smell of you on the top! Keep on in there she needs to learn that she needs to snooze on her own. Watch the rash - it might be why she is having some trouble sleeping.

I don't know any drug dealers - I do have some panadin so might try peddaling that. Interested in the major fraud option. Just have to think of a fraud.

TG - thanks for hugs. I know it should get better. OH came in and I just burst into tears again! He said if I really don't want to work well he will find a way. Not sure how though as we got to pay the mortgage, car etc...
I'm up for the lottery deal. Roll over tonight....

RedPoppy :hugs: where is the rash? Maybe that's causing an issue?

HG - you go part time in Sept? Or have I got that wrong? Will that make things better? :hugs:

I just tried to play Lotto on line...and was too late. Bah. Will be trying again! OR, we could all do some kind of Thomas Crown Affair burglary attempt. No one would suspect a group of lovely, new mummies!

HG - just thought, you're going to get that amazing 'hero welcome' when you pick Phoebe up! When my Dad came home, it was like a party...poor ole Mum said we were like 'what'ev, you've been here during the day - here comes fun'.

That will be soooooo lovely!

HG - just thought, you're going to get that amazing 'hero welcome' when you pick Phoebe up! When my Dad came home, it was like a party...poor ole Mum said we were like 'what'ev, you've been here during the day - here comes fun'.

That will be soooooo lovely!

Yeah part time in sep but I think I can ask to go part time at any time so if the first two weeks are too tough I might ask!

And I did get massive grins when she came back (grins normally only associated with a daddy). That was lovely and heartbreaking all in one.

Thomas Crown affair sounds good. We do have buggies and changing bags in which to stash stuff. Who would look in a used nappy bag?

or perhaps we could invent a new baby product and make millions?

See, now that's what I was thinking, too. We could go on Dragons Den (a la women who came up with the 'cuddle dry' towels...and we have two of those)

NOW, let's get thinking on a product! Hmmm.

Those grins are amazing, aren't they? DD starts doing this mini-jig when DH comes in from work...and I get one when she spots me in the morning.

I'm hoping to do part-time - how many days do you want to do?

I'm in for the thomas crown affair.

Can we wear lovely clothes and be all stylish. Probably not. Being a mum involves swanning around in pyjamas covered in various baby juices.

As for her rash. I'm afraid it might be eczema as I have it but I don't know.

I hate going to the doctors all the time so I won't bother unless it gets worse. I had to go so much with her weight gain issues that I'm really tired of going there.

I've still not decided what I'm doing about her sleep training yet. She was so unhappy today that I'm wondering if I'm prolonging her misery by not insisting she learns to self settle. :shrug:

After he last few days and her rash I just really want to spoil her and treat her to something lovely but you can't spoil a baby. :nope:

RedPoppy -

DD got a bit of eczema - I found the culprit that was causing it, and it went away again. In the meantime, I found using Double Base cleared it up beautifully.

Don't worry about haranguing the GP...I'm always on the phone (find my HV team to be pretty useless) asking them all sorts of questions. That's what they are there for - and they understand when it comes to babies :hugs:

Have a think about how you want to go with the sleeping thing...and I'm sure a good cuddle with Mummy will do the job beautifully for your DD :hugs:

As for Thomas Crown...stylish clothes would give us away, whereas ratty old jeans and shrunken jumper splatted with broccoli trio (my couture of the day) would actually help! lol! I like HGs idea of hiding the swag in a nappy ;)

Morning girls!
Loving all the plotting to make our millions and not have to go back to work! Count me in!

HG - huge hugs hun! I am in denial that I will be going back to work at some stage, it must be so hard, but as TG says it will be easier once you all get into a little routine. And not too long till the holidays. Great that you have the option of part-time too!

TG - how did your night go? Is DD still a bottomless pit?

Redpoppy - :hugs: I have eczema too and had it quite badly as a child, so I am always totally paranoid about any little rash that Thomas gets. He has got quite a few different rashes, they seem to come and go a bit, I haven't been to the doctor with him either. Anyone I mention the rashes to (like family) always just plays it down and says how good his skin is and that all babies get rashes (which I don't find particularly helpful).
It is so stressful when they are not settling to sleep isn't it? There are all sorts of things that can make a difference to how easily they settle though - and she's still only learning so it's normal to have a few rocky bedtimes. I think that bedtime is the easiest time for babies to learn to settle so it's great that you are giving her the opportunity to learn how to settle herself at bedtime. Good thinking giving her your top to cuddle!

We had a good night, back to just one feed, although we were up at 6.30 again.

Well I'm thinking touting for a spot of commission from Dana is long overdue, how much do you reckon we could get for that?!

HG - Bless, it's pants you're going back to work, but you must feel relieved that LO managed well with the childminder. Zoo sounds brilliant! You've confused your daughter though - the meerkats want nothing to do with insurance, and have spent a small fortune on advertising to let us know. If your LO grows up going to the meerkats for quotes, she will be adding to their plight (thus forcing them into hiding in sandy enclosures at the zoo).

redpoppy - I agree, lots of cuddles and kisses will go down a treat (although Evan screws his face up when I do that!). How is LO's rash today?

TG, Polaris, Arcane, how were your nights? Hope you got more sleep TG.

We had another sleeping through night, and early start. DH isn't at work until 12 today, so I imagine Evan's going to be all over the place with naps (it ALWAYS goes wrong when DH is off work!)

EDIT: sorry Polaris, your post crossed with mine, Glad you had a quieter night!

You've confused your daughter though - the meerkats want nothing to do with insurance, and have spent a small fortune on advertising to let us know. If your LO grows up going to the meerkats for quotes, she will be adding to their plight (thus forcing them into hiding in sandy enclosures at the zoo).

:rofl::rofl::rofl: very funny!!! I will try and let her know later the correct habitat of merkats and their purpose!

Had another good sob to hubby last night and he is going to look at money but i don't hold out hope - I've got to do this term whatever. I was thinking 4 days a week but now might do 3 but that is a £14 grand pay cut which is a bit rubbish really.

We had an interesting night. Self settled everytime but wanted us about 5 times (no feed). At about 9 she woke up very suddenly screaming as if she was being murdered not the normal moaning. Can babies have bad dreams? She looked terrified when I went in!

This morning her cheeks are again illuminous red so maybe it was that.

Trying to get her down for a nap now before mum comes so i can do some hours in school ready for the dreaded start of term :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->