sleeping bags (growbags)

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
joshua is now in his cot and i keep finding that he kicks his covers off.

i was thinking of getting a growbag but im not sure.

our house is hot even when the heating is off and im worrying he will get too hot.

at night our bedroom doesnt get cooler than 22oc.

do i get one or not bother?

even if he kicks his covers off i dont think he will get cold when its no cooler than 22oc

Jasmine was like that, we used to have a fan on in our room at night just to try and keep Jasmine cool but she still used to kick the blankets off and she was fine. I found with the sleeping bag that even though she slept well in it I was constantly checking her to make sure she wasn't too hot in there

Caitlyn sleeps in a sleeping bag (1tog) and is just fine. I always have the heating on too. If I think it's going to be too hot I put her in the sleeping bag with nothing else on x

i know some of you may not change your LO through the night but i change joshua's nappy at his 2o'clock feed as he would of been in it for 8 hours.

how do you change a nappy with a growbag on?

you can open the zip without disturbing them much atall. It's alot less hassel than unbuttoning a babygrow IMO

jesica has one too, if its too hot she only has a nappy on underneath.
when i change her at night, i just undo the bottom poppers get her legs out, change and do back up :)

Our room doesnt go below 25oc we have a ceiling fan and Chloe has a 1 tog sleeping bag. I have no trouble changing her, you can just take the legs out

yeah but do you have to pull it all up at the back?

when joshua is just in a sleepsuit i have to make sure its no where near his bottom half as he usually wees everywhere
what tog is best then for a hot room

unzip it and slip it round the side honestly it dead easy and you can move it well out the way get a 1 tog

For a hot room 1 Tog is what you should get. If its a cold room- a 2.5 tog.

I tend to turn the heating on a little and put Jess in a 1 tog and its just right temperature.

yeah but do you have to pull it all up at the back?

when joshua is just in a sleepsuit i have to make sure its no where near his bottom half as he usually wees everywhere
what tog is best then for a hot room

I used to open it up but leave it lay underneath baby and slide a pampers or Huggies change mat under baby's bum (they're cottony so not cold on their naked bottoms). I used a low tog when baby was in our room as it's quite warm but then when they moved to the nursery which is on the front of the house and pretty cold I used a higher tog. Nursery thermometers cost a couple of pounds and really help when you're judging which tog to put on baby.

Rememeber FSID recommends babys room be cooler as opposed to warmer:thumbup:

I really like the growbags now.
Tabs has a vest,a babygrow,a 2.5 tog bag,a sheet and a thin blanket doubled up. Room is between 21-24 when we all go to bed.

ive got a room themometer (a grow bag egg one)
i find it so usefull but havnt had to think about togs as we only used blankets before.

ive tried to cool the room but it wont go lower than 22oc

what is the 0.5 tog?

I have a Grobag egg. It comes with this guide about what to wear and what tog bag.

https://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3111/whattoweartableny2.jpg

ive got a room themometer (a grow bag egg one)
i find it so usefull but havnt had to think about togs as we only used blankets before.

ive tried to cool the room but it wont go lower than 22oc

what is the 0.5 tog?
I got Tabs' growbags from matalan and it says on the tag that a 2.5 is equivalent of 2 thin blankets and a sheet if that helps?

yeah just looked at leaflet that came with the egg and i think im better off with using blankets and sheets other wise he will only be in a nappy

How about some selotape? :rofl:
Im sure they do it just to annoy us....As soon as i tuck Tabs in she puts her legs up....now with the grow bag at least im half happy she will be warm enouth.
She is in the 6-12 months ones now...soooo long!

The best money I've spent is getting my boy a sleeping bag. We don't seem to have much of a choice here in South Africa with regards to thickness though.

He sleeps through the night so nicely now with it and I don't have to worry about him covering his face with his blanket (he does this for comfort).

I have Katie in 2.5tog sleeping bag with a vest and sleepsuit on below and put a cardigan on her (with the buttons cut off so she won't try and eat them during the night!) maybe this is too much but I put a thread on here a while back and everyone said no blankets so she doesn't have a blanket anymore. I have a grobag egg and the temp is between 19-21 degrees.

Does anyone think the grobag egg temperaure reads higher than it really is? I think I read this somewhere in a review.
when my room says 19 degrees it feels quite cold

ive ordered my (well joshuas) sleeping bag.

hope it help him sleep a bit better as im sure he just wakes coz he gets cold.

on the bump to 3 website it says to just wear a body suit or a long sleeved one.
is a body suit a vest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->