Sleepless Nights Support Thread

am I the only mummy whos baby wont take a bottle!

on anotheer note jack only woke the once which is great considering hes not well x

I'm shattered, its either Jasmine wakes up wanting to play or I'm throwing up :(

My little super star slept through last night. Fingers crossed it's the start of things to come.

ffion has a terrible cough. we've been up all night.

at about 5.30 i rolled over and switched off the baby monitor... but colin poked me and said 'just coz you cant hear her doesnt mean shes sleeping!'

blaugh, what a bad night

Caitlyn was "alright" last night. By alright I mean she woke up 4-5 times but she didn't scream at me.

:dohh:

i dont know how many times she woke up lastnight.

im sooooooooooo tired

same here. only thing that settles him was being in with us a nd I hate doing that now because I can tell he's gettingreliiant on it.

xxx

ffion has a terrible cough. we've been up all night.

at about 5.30 i rolled over and switched off the baby monitor... but colin poked me and said 'just coz you cant hear her doesnt mean shes sleeping!'

blaugh, what a bad night

When she goes in to her own room I'm seriously considering doing that!!

last night was terrible for us he ended up sleeping in between me and dave but he still kep waking crying im sure its his teeth he was really restless

I wish Harley would sleep in her crib. I'm working with her on it, but when I put her in it, she wakes up a minute later screaming. So the last couple nights she's been in my bed.

Try warming the crib before putting her in it. Worked for Hannah when she was that young

We had the same problems with Seth when he was new hun. Its really frustrating. Not sure what sort of crib you have, we had a moses basket and tilting it really helped him to go in better. Also you could try swaddling or putting one of you tshirts or something in. All of those worked quite well with Seth so thought Id share! Good luck :)

xxx

hi there all. elouise is 8 weeks old now and has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks. i put this down to a couple of things really. i always put something of mine in with her, like a scarf or tshirt and changed her milk from liquid to powder which seems to have more substance in it. I always give her an extra ounce with extra scoop more than she has during the day and i try to make sure its around the same time everynight. we have a routine of playtime, bath, feed then sleep - and she hasnt woken up for a nightfeed since. thought id share, good luck! xx

I would def try swaddling Novbaby. Savannah doesn't sleep well unless she's swaddled, we're in the process of making it looser and looser all the time but it helps!

I've tried swaddling her, she tries to wiggle out and cries. I also tried getting a sleep positioner. She sleeps well if I have her in bed with me, but if I put her in her crib the longest she sleeps in 5 minutes before she's crying again.

I'm sorry hun :( Savannah always wiggles out of her swaddles but doesn't seem to bother her. You could try putting something that smells like you in with her, or even sleep with her blanket for a night. Wish I could offer some advice that works tough :(

Well it's 5:30 and I've been up trying to get Kaya back to bed for over an hour! She just would not go back to sleep (at least not without getting a feed) - I put her back down 44 times and felt I was getting a bit het up so got OH to try. We stopped at 50 times and I'm now downstairs with her happily eating a bowl of rice crispies. Am I right not to give in and just feed her?

Hi I tried putting this on another thread, so here goes !!

Is he teething or something else ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
New to this, but does anybody have any ideas why our baby son, is waking up every night ??,
He has been a prety good sleeper, and when you take him to bed, normally he would drop off to sleep by himself,
We occasionally had the odd few nights he would wake during the night, but we would just go in and give him is dummy, and he would turn over and go back to sleep, But...
This started about 5 weeks ago,
He would wake up and start crying,he wouldnt go back down to sleep,
He gets very hot,and sometimes it takes ages to calm him down ,
We took him to the doctors a few weeks ago, as he touches the back of his neck, and when he rubs it, it goes bright red and blotchy,
The doctor said it was a type of ecxma (cant spell it !!), and gave us some cream to rub on it, but to be honest, hasnt stopped him touching it,
But my wife is concerned that there may be more to it, as there is nothing on his neck, but does touch it, and then it turns red, or if hes been running around in the day and gets hot, it will turn red,
But back to my question,With this and waking up basically all night everynight, we are wondering if our son is teething also ??,
He is 22 months old,
He wakes up crying and even trembling/shaking sometimes ,
With a high temperture
Sometimes he will go back down to sleep,Other times he wont, and takes ages to calm him down,
Just the look at his cot he cries ( sometimes )
He as had a cold,for a couple of weeks,
So basically is he teething ?,
My wife thinks perhaps its his 4 main maulers that are coming through ?,
Would this last for 5 weeks or more,
Obviously his cold doesnt help,
The issue with his Neck,
And basically he hasnt eaten for the 4-5 weeks,
Any advice / ideas
Mark..

I wish Harley would sleep in her crib. I'm working with her on it, but when I put her in it, she wakes up a minute later screaming. So the last couple nights she's been in my bed.

Aidan wakes if he's not properly asleep when we put him down. I just give him an extra 10 mins cuddling!
I've managed to put him down for 3 nights now and 'shh' whilst rocking the moses basket.

Hope you find something that helps. x

Well Seth slept through last night but I still had a terrible night. I was awake every hour worrying because he hadn't woken up and had to keep checking him, Im my own worst enemy.

Hopefully it might be the start of something...

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"