Sleepless Nights Support Thread

well done linzi, congrats!

ffion is still waking 2/3 times a night

She did sleep through for a couple of months, then BAM, I think she caught snack nap syndrome!!

Some things I have found which work are swaddling, I only do her body and legs as she likes her arms out, I hold her upright while feeding and for an extra 10 mins before i put her down.

She will go down awake, I just turn on her peter rabbit stuffy that does a lullaby and she is asleep.

I dont change her at the night feed, I feed her and back to bed she goes.

If she wakes and doesnt sound hungry I put her dummy back in and she goes back to sleep.

She has slept in her crib in her own room since a week old, I do believe starting this routine early helps... I never used a moses basket etc.. tbh I think as long as they are swaddled they feel secur, the size of bed they have doesnt matter because they cant see or reason the size anyways...

well done linzi, congrats!

ffion is still waking 2/3 times a night

Ha, it was a one off lol

First night in our own room tonight though and I am bricking it. :(

xxx

i need to tips to get jack to sleep in his own bed.

i feed him at 830 he goes to bed at 9 which is fine he goes to sleep and will sleep until 1-2 but he will not go back in his own bed no matter how much i try he just screans and screams i spent nearly 2 hours trying last night and in the end he came into our bed. :hissy: i think it all stems from when he was ill and he was coughing i let him sleep on me and now i cant get him back in his bed once hes woke up HELP!!!!!!!!!

i need to tips to get jack to sleep in his own bed.

i feed him at 830 he goes to bed at 9 which is fine he goes to sleep and will sleep until 1-2 but he will not go back in his own bed no matter how much i try he just screans and screams i spent nearly 2 hours trying last night and in the end he came into our bed. :hissy: i think it all stems from when he was ill and he was coughing i let him sleep on me and now i cant get him back in his bed once hes woke up HELP!!!!!!!!!

Ruby is like this sometimes, but we're not consistent, sometimes I'll bring her through just to get some peace, sometimes I'll battle it out. It's probably our fault she doesn't sleep well at night.

However........she's had a cold the past few days and although she's been a pest getting her to settle last night I settled her at 12.15am and she slept till 6.30am :happydance: and hasn't been fed for 2 nights in a row. We'll see though what tonight brings!!!

thats the thing jack isnt waking for a feed any more he just wants ME!!!!

Seth is going through that too and a couple of babies we know aboput his age are starting to do the same thing as well so maybe its just when they get to a certain age? Maybe teeth or seperation anxiety or something? Im not sure though

xxx

Well, on a positive I'm so tired now I don't even know when I'm awake. I know I woke up atleast 4 times last night, but I can't for the life of me remember why!

Jacob is sat staring at me with eyes that say if you think im going to sleep anytime soon you better think again!! :(

Well she didn't sleep right through the night but good as, from 8.30pm till 4.30am!!!! She wouldn't go back to sleep though so brought her through to our bed :blush: she then woke up at 6.00am, wide awake. I just couldn't bear the thought of actually getting up at that time so fed her in bed and she went back to sleep. Her feeding is going to be so messed up today!!

Well moving into our own room hasnt helped at all :( Im completely at a loss now no idea whats keeping him up!

xxx

I'm so tired, Jasmine has been up every 30minutes since 2am :(

Just thought i might add my sleep routine on as lately it really seems to be working for us.
She used to only sleep between 2 & 4hours and now she is managing anywhere between 5 & 7hours!

When she is sleepy usually about 9ish (i made her bedtime later, it used to be 7ish but she woke too early) i put her down (she sleeps on her tummy) give her the dummy, move her arms so they are down by her sides. I gently pat her bum, sorta like a heart beat and i sssh her until she stops making the whinging moaning noises.
Once she is quiet but not yet asleep i keep sssshing and moving away from the cot, eventually i just creep out the room once i know she is asleep.

It took a few days of perserving just ssshing her putting the dummy back, patting her bum etc until she calmed down.

And the last couple of night i have just put her in the cot with dummy turned her music thingy on and left her immediately and she hasn't woken at all!

I'm sure this will all change once the real teething kicks in but just wanted to share what seems to be working for us at the moment.

xx

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so tired. I had 2 hours of BROKEN sleep last night and I just can't cope today. I am soooo upset. I hate teething :(

I didnt want to make a new thread so thought I would add in here Jacob is asleep and has been for over 9 hours!! im shocked! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->