Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Anyone about tonight?

Am up feeding Niamh. Have just tried to settle her but she's wide awake in her moses basket. No whinging or anything, but still I don't like sleeping until she's settled as I know she could decide in 5mins to start up lol :)

I know the feeling there. How is she goin hun?

She's doing well thanks :) We had a bit of latching earlier after I'd expressed then I gave her some formula.

For some reason she is just awake in her moses basket cooing away to herself lol. :)

glad to hear its going well rawife!!!

My night is going to be hell im sure... very frustrating, a baby with reflux and the bitch at the hospital refused to prescribed something... I couldnt believe it.

Oh no! Why on earth wouldn't they prescribe anything? Is there any way you can see someone else?

Sorry I can't offer any advice, I don't know anything about reflux. I do hope you get it sorted soon though and end up getting some sleep!

nope, she was the doctor on at the hospital so thats who I got... she had the nerve to say, oh well its hard for mums and babys and you wont get much sleep... Like WTF??? My baby isnt sleeping because acid is burning her throat?!?!?!

She's doing well thanks :) We had a bit of latching earlier after I'd expressed then I gave her some formula.

For some reason she is just awake in her moses basket cooing away to herself lol. :)

Thats great! You're going great. I know it took Savannah a couple of days before she would latch on, we just gave her some expressed milk. But I also had the use of 2 Lactation consultants to help before too much time passed.

How is everything else going in regards to everyone coming over?

nope, she was the doctor on at the hospital so thats who I got... she had the nerve to say, oh well its hard for mums and babys and you wont get much sleep... Like WTF??? My baby isnt sleeping because acid is burning her throat?!?!?!

WTF? Stupid dr. Can u go into a medical centre or something? Thats just ridiculous.

no, it is 10 pm here now, everything is closed and unfortunately hospiitals and family drs are all we have, we have a shortage of drs so there arnt many walk in clinics :( And nurses cant prescribe here, it has to be a dr.

I *think* Niamhs finally gone over now. :)

Ryder, over here we have free walk in clinics do you have anything like that there? Anything open 24 hours? I don't know anything about it, but I did a google search and found this: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/reflux/ You probably have read all the bumpf though. :( Can't believe she's feeding so little and the Dr wouldn't do anything.

Sarah: we're not quite getting a proper latch yet, and I'm pretty sure it's because my flow is too slow. She'll latch and suck for 2/3 gulps then stop and get frustrated. Still, it's something! I'm going to ask my doctor about a BF support group.

Visitors are still here, but going tomorrow night. I'm putting a ban on anyone coming round for about two weeks I think!

Good job! Can't wait to see a post about how happy you are being just your own little family :)

Wish i could offer you something other than support Ryder! :hug:

Someone take this child! I swear a 20 min nap is the same as 8 hrs sleep for her.

Last night she woke 8 times, didn't sleep at ALL for the full day, went to sleep at 11. We've been up since 2:30am and now its 10 to 5. No rest for the weary! She just won't sleep.

She was doing so good too, sleeping through the night from 3 weeks - 6 weeks. This past week has been a nightmare!

My boy has passed that sleeping habbits. I remembered having that problem when andy was less than 2 months...:( I really had hard time concentrating on my day work then.

Seth has started screaming and screaming when it comes to bedtime now but he sleeps practically right through. Can't work out whats changed... putting him down used to be really easy, was just staying asleep that was the problem.

xxx

Sooo tired and the little miss is wide awake! She's been up since 3:30am

I didnt wanna come in here but im getting to the end of my rope. My baby is only 6days old and aint slept properly for one night. Friday night he never slept at all....during the day he sleeps soundly in his basket then as soon as his basket is carried upstairs he starts to cry. We have done two nights now in the bath, breast, bed routine......i didnt expect him to sleep for like 14hours but more than 4hours sleep a nite would be ace.

I didnt wanna come in here but im getting to the end of my rope. My baby is only 6days old and aint slept properly for one night. Friday night he never slept at all....during the day he sleeps soundly in his basket then as soon as his basket is carried upstairs he starts to cry. We have done two nights now in the bath, breast, bed routine......i didnt expect him to sleep for like 14hours but more than 4hours sleep a nite would be ace.

hun give it time i don't think Amelia slept for more than 2hours at a time until she was about 3/4wks old!

ok so things were going really well. she has started solids and was going down sooo easy then sleeping from around 9pm till 6/7am! Not anymore she keeps waking up and then it takes me about an hour or more to get her back to sleep!!

Last night for the first time ever i took her into bed with me after nearly 2hours of trying to settle her, she finally fell asleep latched on to me, so i quickly put the dummy in and got in to the otherside of the bed, this is defo NOT a habit i want to get into!!

Any tips or is this normal for her age?

Why can't she be my perfect baby again :(

Whisper, I think she is probably teething. It's perfectly normal at her age.

Caitlyn still doesn't sleep through. I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me so much. Don't get me wrong, I'm knackered! But, I've learnt how to make knackered work :rofl:

Whisper, I think she is probably teething. It's perfectly normal at her age.

Caitlyn still doesn't sleep through. I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me so much. Don't get me wrong, I'm knackered! But, I've learnt how to make knackered work :rofl:

I was wondering about her teeth but she doesn't seem to be in any pain when she wakes...?

Yeah i think i will have to get the hang of that again, sometimes i think it is worse when they let you have a couple of full nights sleep, lulling us into being 'back to normal' then they start waking again and it zoombie mom time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->