Sleepless Nights Support Thread

marchbaby16 why not try pumping breast milk and putting it into bottles? I'm not sure if mixing bottle and boob would cause confusion, like lead to baby prefering one or the over or refusing to take one or the other.. but if you want him to have the benefits of breast milk pumping is definitely one of your options right?

Elyse woke up to feed at 2am, 5am, and 8am :cry:
I thought she was getting closer to sleeping through, but I was wrong I guess!
She takes up to 4oz at a time when she has her bottle, but sometimes as little as 2.5oz.. last night she was only taking 2.5oz each time.. I knew she'd be up sooner but I was so exhausted I didn't have the energy to try to make her take more :(

My inlaws are visiting this weekend and sstaying at a hotel in town..they took LeeAnne last night AND tonight...and OMG I miss her soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much BUTTTTTTT it has been really refreshing getting solid sleeps! Will be good to recharge my batteries!

We bought the fisher price aquarium, we haven't tried it yet but omg it's soooo cute! I want one for beside my bed :rofl:

In some ways I hope LeeAnne is up ALL night and fussy and cranky because my inlaws are taking care of her, and well, they are BEYOND overbaring! When they are around they dont let me do ANYTHING, can't push the stroller, can't feed her, cant cuddle her, can't put her down when she falls asleep bc she needs to stay in their arms when she's sleeping...so I secretly hope she is MISERABLE for them tonight :rofl:

LOL... if she's miserable, do you think they'd tell you? I'm sure the report from them is gonna be that she was an angel and slept wonderfully hahahaha.

Elyse talks to her aquarium, her fishy is her little friend, LOL.. she makes those sounds at it and looks at it flailing her arms around with her mouth wide open and stuff.. it's soo cute!!!

Elyse is staying at her dad's tomorrow night. I'm gonna be there in the evening but she's sleeping over there and I'm picking her up in the morning.. I just know I'm going to be waking up panicking and wondering where she is in the middle of the night.. but, we have to give it a try.. and I'm in desperate need of a good night's sleep!

I'm so shattered!!! Charlie was up 5 times last night all before 5.30am. It has been like this the last 4 or 5 nights. :-( Please sleep Charlie! x

^ :hugs:

My mom gets up at 5am everyday and has offered to get up an hour earlier and take Elyse off my hands before I'm alone with her all day until she sleeps through the night.. I love my mom!!!

shoot me now..last night was terrible..leeanne kept waking every hour and i have no idea why...she wasnt hungry..just couldnt settle! I think it doesnt help that all damn day she is passing around like a friggin doll with my inlaws that shes just over tired from not sleeping for the past 2 days!

^ Elyse cried on and off (but mostly on) for 3 hours last night. It was hell. I hope she's not colicky.. *fingers crossed*

Helena was that exact same way, Tasha, sorry to say, she still is like that at 6 months! She just would eat 2 ounces to 4 ounces at a time, for MONTHS. Now she only will drink 6 ounce bottles and she is 6.5 months old. She wakes up at 11:30, 2:30, and then at 7. Luckily my OH is home because he got laid off shortly after Helena was born so he takes care of her at night.

Helena was that exact same way, Tasha, sorry to say, she still is like that at 6 months! She just would eat 2 ounces to 4 ounces at a time, for MONTHS. Now she only will drink 6 ounce bottles and she is 6.5 months old. She wakes up at 11:30, 2:30, and then at 7. Luckily my OH is home because he got laid off shortly after Helena was born so he takes care of her at night.

Oh thank God!! I was starting to worry, people are saying their babies take 5oz at only a couple weeks old, Elyse still only takes 3oz sometimes and she'll be 5 weeks this week, lol. But if she's like Helena, this thread is going to be my life for quite awhile :(

Should be interesting to see how tonight goes!! LeeAnne barely slept at all last night and didn't sleep at all the night before! Woke up to her (2 nights ago) screaming and purple in the face! She had spit up and was choking on it and she was on her side too..so I held her all night because I was scared and I think she scared herself because everytime she fell asleep she would wake herself up! Last night I have no idea what her problem was! She'd sleep for an hour and wake up rooting around and wanting to be held, it's getting rather annoying!! I think having company has screwed with her schedual and what she is used too and knows! It's always quiet here in the evenings and at night but when the inlaws are here every light is on the tv is blaring they are shouting so I don't think that helps!
She should be waking up for her 10pm feed soon and we will see from there how easily I can settle her...it will be an indication of what is in store for tonight! I'm exhausted, I could use 3hrs sleep without being woken up!!!

On the bright side I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fisher price aquarium! I have started putting LeeAnne down in her playpen to snooze during the day and she HATES it! The minute you put her down shes wide awake and crying! So I put the aquarium on and she just laid there for 40 minutes watching it until she fell asleep on her own for the first time ever..woohoo!! Now maybe it's because she's over tired and could fall asleep on a pointy rock but who cares I'd like to think the aquarium worked and it was money well spent :rofl:

Hope you ladies get some sleep tonight!!

BTW... Elyse is at her dad's for the night.. having a sleepover with her grandma.. so I can sleep through the night.. and what am I doing hahah.. of course I'm on the computer still at 11:45 (guess it's not TOO late really).. to keep my mind off my poor precious baby :(

Oh thank God!! I was starting to worry, people are saying their babies take 5oz at only a couple weeks old, Elyse still only takes 3oz sometimes and she'll be 5 weeks this week, lol. But if she's like Helena, this thread is going to be my life for quite awhile :(

LeeAnne will be 7 weeks on Friday and still only takes 3-4oz. A few times she took 5 but that rarely ever happens!
I thought for awhile LeeAnne was doing well because she would sleep for 4-5 hrs, get up for a feed and back down for another 4-5 hrs but its getting progressively worse! Thank goodness for this thread which allows me to vent LOL

Should be interesting to see how tonight goes!! LeeAnne barely slept at all last night and didn't sleep at all the night before! Woke up to her (2 nights ago) screaming and purple in the face! She had spit up and was choking on it and she was on her side too..so I held her all night because I was scared and I think she scared herself because everytime she fell asleep she would wake herself up! Last night I have no idea what her problem was! She'd sleep for an hour and wake up rooting around and wanting to be held, it's getting rather annoying!! I think having company has screwed with her schedual and what she is used too and knows! It's always quiet here in the evenings and at night but when the inlaws are here every light is on the tv is blaring they are shouting so I don't think that helps!
She should be waking up for her 10pm feed soon and we will see from there how easily I can settle her...it will be an indication of what is in store for tonight! I'm exhausted, I could use 3hrs sleep without being woken up!!!

On the bright side I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fisher price aquarium! I have started putting LeeAnne down in her playpen to snooze during the day and she HATES it! The minute you put her down shes wide awake and crying! So I put the aquarium on and she just laid there for 40 minutes watching it until she fell asleep on her own for the first time ever..woohoo!! Now maybe it's because she's over tired and could fall asleep on a pointy rock but who cares I'd like to think the aquarium worked and it was money well spent :rofl:

Hope you ladies get some sleep tonight!!

The aquarium has the same exact effect on Elyse.. she is absolutely amazed by it, and stares at it until she falls asleep.. if she's awake, she makes sounds at it, I call it "talking to her fishy" lol.

AHHH I MISS HER :cry:

Charlie usually only drinks 2oz at a time so don't worry. Last night he went down at 9pm then woke to feed at 12.30am, 4am, 5am,6am, then was up at 7am!!! Then he's slept all morning but only when i'm holding him, he cries if I put him down. Surely he should be better than this at his age? x

A long night has just begun for me. Elyse won't stay down.. being my little leech !

Thanks eventually she did.. we actually had a decent night!!

She cried a lot in the evening..and surprise, surprise, she has started crying just now!

Girls i have been given some good advice from my HV(fingers crossed it will work) on helping Amelia sleep through the night.

Kinda of similar to CIO but without letting them cry! :D

Basically put them down in the crib/cot awake but ready for bed, do what you need to do to keep them quiet and leave the room.

When they cry go back in but NO eye contact or talking.
Settle them once more but try not to not pick them up, the second they are quiet leave the room.
You must complete your 'leaving the room' even if they start crying straight away, then you go back to them. You repeat this over and over and over and over (literally) and they eventually get the message that they are not getting picked up and CAN fall asleep by themselves.

Might be an idea to have a sheet on the wall outside and you mark off when you go in, the 1st night i did this i must have spent 1hour going in and out around 60/70 times (maybe more), tonight the 2nd night i spent 20mins going in and out around 30/40 times !

She has stirred briefly and in the past would have woken and cried but she didn't and she settled herself.

The idea of this is that you are there when they cry but they learn to fall asleep by themselves.

I will let you know how we get on but so far so good, and for those moms who can't do the CIO (like me) this seems to be a good compromise.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->