Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Thats a good idea hun! Charlie doesn't have a problem going down at the beginning of the night, it;s just all the waking up after. We had a good night last night though, he woke at 12am, 3am and 6am then up at 7am so relatively good for us!

Good news and he is still quite young so probably is needing some night feeds? I think Amelia had that same pattern at his age :)

Amelia is 8mnths old and she is definitely capable of sleeping through!

Yes he gets hungry in the night and it's not helped by the fact he has reflux and will only eat little and often. His cousin, on the other hand is 2 weeks old and sleeps 10pm till 4am, has a feed and then back to sleep until 9am! Argh! lol! x

Hiya girlies just wanna give my support, im in the same boat....

My LO is 6 weeks old and sleeps 2-3 hours at a time, he is breastfed but does have one bottle early evening that daddy gives and takes 6oz. Just wish I could get longer say 4-5 hours at night.

Last night his Grandma had him for the night and I had 10 hours sleep!!! yay!! although my breasts burst in the night lol :D I didnt know if i was doing the right thing with him that young but my MIL is a nurse and I was exhausted - im glad i did.

Hope ur LO's sleep longer, as I hope mine does too soon :s

Is this the Aquarium u all talk about??

https://www.ciao.co.uk/Fisher_Price_Ocean_Wonders_Aquarium__5812545

xxx

This is the one I have (has a remote with it) I saw the one you posted in stores but I didn't want to get it because it's got things for baby to play with (which are right beside the on/off button) and I'd like LeeAnne to possibly not learn how to turn the on/off button on and off as I have heard many people say their babies learn to turn it on and off....so i just thoght having interaction and things to play with on the aquarium would lead to them learning how to turn it on and off (hope that made sense LOL)

Oh and thats not my baby, took the picture from google images!

https://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/pinupazz/aquarium.jpg

Helena was that exact same way, Tasha, sorry to say, she still is like that at 6 months! She just would eat 2 ounces to 4 ounces at a time, for MONTHS. Now she only will drink 6 ounce bottles and she is 6.5 months old. She wakes up at 11:30, 2:30, and then at 7. Luckily my OH is home because he got laid off shortly after Helena was born so he takes care of her at night.

Oh thank God!! I was starting to worry, people are saying their babies take 5oz at only a couple weeks old, Elyse still only takes 3oz sometimes and she'll be 5 weeks this week, lol. But if she's like Helena, this thread is going to be my life for quite awhile :(

I know! I was worrying because people kept saying their babies ate so many ounces and Helena still doesn't but she is in the 90th percentiles for everything! so she def. is eating enough. They are little snackers!

Is this the Aquarium u all talk about??

https://www.ciao.co.uk/Fisher_Price_Ocean_Wonders_Aquarium__5812545

xxx

I have that one, but I find the seahorse works better for putting H to sleep.

I'm so fed up of not getting quality sleep - Emms is 12 months and I am so tired. I am working part-time and am just about coping to balance everything but my skin is crap and I am so run down. I just want to have some uninterupted sleep before I collapse of exhaustion! Sorry to moan but I am so fed up, doing some controlled crying now, but have been awake since 1.30 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :hissy::hissy:

OMG she might have dropped off now, pleeeeeease! Hope you guys get some rest x

Hope you get some sleep too! My baby is asleep but I think I have insomnia and it takes me so long to fall asleep now :( :( Seems like as soon as I do fall asleep (usually have to lay there for an hour or two) then Helena wakes up, and the cycle continues. Blah!!

Hope you get some sleep too! My baby is asleep but I think I have insomnia and it takes me so long to fall asleep now :( :( Seems like as soon as I do fall asleep (usually have to lay there for an hour or two) then Helena wakes up, and the cycle continues. Blah!!

I totally know what you mean!! LeeAnne has been asleep since 7ish and its now almost 12! I've tried sleeping over and over and I can't fall asleep and whenever I do LeeAnne wakes up! Alhough lately I've been getting into the habit of "oh she should be up soon so I'll just wait!" She will have been asleep for 4 hours and I just assume she will be up to eat like she usually does at night (4-5hrs sleep then up to eat) and I sit and wait and surprise surprise she will sleep for 7 hours total! So here I am mad at myself for not sleeping when I had the chance too!! Grrrrr

Did you get some sleep Loz75? Is there anyone that can take your LO for a night, say a relative? just so you can catch up ? .....

I know what you mean girls about taking ages to drop off yourself and knowing that any minute now he will wake! Ben makes some wierd noises in his sleep and that doesnt help me dropping off either, although since placing him in the nursery its been alot better, but not perfect by any means.

:hugs:

Elyse is sleeping 12/12:30 - 5:30/6 every night :) (For the past 3 nights.. making her mama proud hehe)

Woohoo WTG Elyse!!
LeeAnne slept from 8pm-2am woke up for a feed at 2 (ate 5 oz the lil pig LOL) fell back asleep at 2:30 and didn't wake up until 7:30!!! I don't feel rested at all because I kept thinking she was ging to get up sooner so I stayed awake until 2am! Usually when I fall asleep she is awake within an hr of me sleeping which gets me cranky and moody so I kept saying "she will probably be up soon" GRRR I wish I would have slept from 8-2 LOL Oh well I slept like a rock from 2:30-7:30!
I would like to think we are going to be sleeping through the night soon enough BUT if she is taking 5oz during her feed then obviously she is hungry and wont be skipping out on that meal :rofl:

^ Wowww that's so good!! I'd say that's pretty much through the night!! Hooray LeeAnne!

Did you get some sleep Loz75? Is there anyone that can take your LO for a night, say a relative? just so you can catch up ? .....

I know what you mean girls about taking ages to drop off yourself and knowing that any minute now he will wake! Ben makes some wierd noises in his sleep and that doesnt help me dropping off either, although since placing him in the nursery its been alot better, but not perfect by any means.

Emms went to sleep at 3.30 and then started making noises at 6.45 and then awake at 8am. I was shattered yesterday.

Last night was better, she was asleep at 6.45 and then woke at 4, back to sleep about 20 mins later but made noises for a little bit. I must have got to sleep about 5. Doesnt help when your baldder wakes you up at 3am too!!!

Feel better today though. And i asked OH if I could go to my sister's one night and he would look after Emms and he agreed straightaway! :happydance:

Hope you all got some sleep too :hugs:

Charlie went to bed at 9pm, woke at 3am, 6am then up at 8.20am. Best nite ever so far! x

Well done girlies :)

Ben was 11:30pm, 2:30am, 5am and 7am last night ... i feel really run down and shattered for some reason today - just got no energy.

Gonna get an 'aquarium' for him although didnt realise there was 2 types so more research lol

xxx

Emms went to sleep at 3.30 and then started making noises at 6.45 and then awake at 8am. I was shattered yesterday.

Last night was better, she was asleep at 6.45 and then woke at 4, back to sleep about 20 mins later but made noises for a little bit. I must have got to sleep about 5. Doesnt help when your baldder wakes you up at 3am too!!!

Feel better today though. And i asked OH if I could go to my sister's one night and he would look after Emms and he agreed straightaway! :happydance:

Hope you all got some sleep too :hugs:

oooo thats good babe, wish my OH would do that - i do all the night feeds atm :( make sure u relax at ur sisters :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->