Sleepless Nights Support Thread

:hugs: Em.. maybe she's growing! Elyse got up at 4:30 this morning, went back down at 5:30, and was up for the day at 7:45.. :dohh:

Don't you just hate that so many people seem to judge how 'good' your baby is by whether or not they are sleeping through the night? :( My MIL does it all the time and its the first question she asks whenever I see her and I always get the same response when I say no: 'Ooooh... my little boy slept through from six weeks. I could put him down in his cot wide awake and he'd be asleep in 5 minutes'.

It's making me not want to see her any more, but then I feel guilty for not wanting Isla to see her nana! :cry:

:hugs:

Every baby is different hun! They kinda just start on their own sleeping through... nothing you can do really but keep them up in the evening!

:hug: deeper blue

My LO amazed me last night went for 7 hours ... but had been awake most of the evening beforehand. A fluke im thinking!

xx

I'm afraid to go to bed. Elyse has been sleeping since 8:30... I thought she'd just nap but she hasn't woken up aside from me changing her diaper (she pooped in her sleep:dohh:) and then wanting a bottle at about 10:30-- barely took any of it though! I know she's gonna be up EARLY for the whole day or up in the night. Arghh.

LeeAnne went to sleep SO easy tonight around 9ish. I think we have been trying to put her to bed to early before! For the last few weeks she would go to bed around 7:30 and be out for the night until 6am but lately she just screams when we put her to bed! So tonight she had a bottle at 8 then bath and bed at 9! She was asleep within 10 minutes! Lets just hope we are back on track! She kinda fell off routine the last few nights, not sure if that had to do with going away on the weekend and throwing her routine off or what!

Hope all you ladies have a good night and your LO's sleep well!! :hugs:

Yay for LeeAnne!!!

-Finally- Isla seems a little more back to her usual self too. Between her last feed at 8pm and her wake up at 7am she only woke once for a feed! :happydance:

If my little rat-bag can do it then there is hope ladies :D

Anyone's 4 month old seem to have cycles every week or so where they don't seem through for a night, then gradually go back to sleeping normally??

I'm TIRED. I think I need to join this support thread!!!

Joel is doing really pretty well I think (at least in comparison to my eldest son, who didn't sleep well until he was nearly 4 despite trying every method in the book!)

Most nights, he's asleep by 8 at the latest. He goes down really easy, just plunk him in his bed with a soother, and he settles himself. For a couple nights about a week ago, he slept right through till about 3:30am, then up for the day at about 7:30am. That was good, but only lasted two nights!

What the norm for him is down at 7:30, first feeding at about midnight, second at around 4am, up for the day around 7am. After his feedings, he goes straight back off to sleep, which is great, although the second feeding he's always squirmy. Don't know why. So I guess this isn't too bad for a 3month old (is it??), but my trouble is that I don't fall asleep well after waking up to feed him. And I am so completely bagged after chasing after my 3 kids all day that I really need the sleep! Frustrating!

Wow. I can sympathise. I've only got one and I'm knackered during the day! *hugs*

Interestingly, these last few nights Isla has been waking more again; last feed at 8pm ish, dreamfeed at about 10:30pm (finally figured out how to do that :D), then she's up for another at 1:30am. After her 1:30am feed she was waking again at 3:30ish... now usually I'd just feed her back to sleep but she'd only drink for 2-3 minutes before she was asleep so I decided she couldn't be hungry and got OH to settle her instead which he managed but took a while (he thinks she was getting stomach cramps). She then slept till 7:30am.

In a way this is great cause I know she can go 6 hours at night between feeds (at least) but it now leaves me with the problem of her randomly waking in the middle of the night for no reason :dohh: Oh well... one step at a time. :D

Hope you ladies are all doing well and getting sleep.
x

Anyone got any tips for me? Mynewborn never seems to sleep for more than 10 hours in 24 if I'm lucky. He has no sleep pattern to speak of. Last night he was pretty much awake from 12 till 7 am. He is fine when I hold him but wakes himself in his bed as he is a major fidget, swaddling barely works as he always breaks free or wakes when I'm swaddling him and won't go to sleep swaddled. I dunno what I am doing wrong but it's killing me.

Isla is a terrible fidget too and despite many attempts to get her to sleep without her swaddle she still ends up smacking herself in the face and waking up :dohh: She could get out of her swaddles too regarless of how I did them until I found the swaddling blanket at mothercare:
https://www.mothercare.com/Bonfit-B...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

It's got seperate sheets to keep her arms snug in place and worked wonders for her.

Maybe try swaddling him while he's awake and holding him a while until he's good and sleepy (or asleep) before putting him down?

x

I have one of those and he still gets out of it. He sometimes goes to sleep swaddled but most times he won't. My mother is doing my head in she has only been here a day and she is telling me what she thinks I am doing wrong and is adamant that she is right. Why do they always think they know best. She hasn't had a kid in 26 years and all babies are different.

Wow I managed to swaddle him whilst half awake then he went to sleep with some rocking. Thanks very much x

Anyone got any tips for me? Mynewborn never seems to sleep for more than 10 hours in 24 if I'm lucky. He has no sleep pattern to speak of. Last night he was pretty much awake from 12 till 7 am. He is fine when I hold him but wakes himself in his bed as he is a major fidget, swaddling barely works as he always breaks free or wakes when I'm swaddling him and won't go to sleep swaddled. I dunno what I am doing wrong but it's killing me.

I could have wrote this myself! When LeeAnne was a newborn she was TERRIBLE with sleeping! Had to sleep in my arms- would sleep for no more then 10hours in a 24 hour period! There really wasnt anything that I could do to make her sleep more-it eventually got better! At around 2 months (maybe a bit less) she started sleeping through the night! Just keep trying to enforce a bit of a routine-bath bottle and bed and eventually you will get there!

I have one of those and he still gets out of it. He sometimes goes to sleep swaddled but most times he won't. My mother is doing my head in she has only been here a day and she is telling me what she thinks I am doing wrong and is adamant that she is right. Why do they always think they know best. She hasn't had a kid in 26 years and all babies are different.

Tell me about it. My MIL is the bane of my life atm with all her 'Is she sleeping through yet?' :dohh:

Well yesterday was brill. We went shopping then Dex fell asleep by 9 and I managed to stay in bed till 7.30am. He woke up for his feeds and nappy change but apart from that be slept. Once asleep I swaddle him, he does wake up but I can make him sleep in the swaddle. He is even napping now. Yey to swaddling. Thanks all

Just came across this thread and wondered if anyone had some tips to help me with a 4 wk old who will only sleep on mummy and daddy or in our bed with us! Basically dannielle will fall asleep in our arms and will go to sleep on the sofa with us watching tv or in bed with us but as soon as we try to put her in her moses basket she is wide awake. Then the crying starts and she turns bright red and screams the place down! We have tried feeding her more, a warm bath before bed, sitting with her while she is in bed, putting her in bed as soon as she falls asleep and also after she has been asleep a while then putting her in her bed. Nothing works :cry: She is sleeping like an angel at the mo but if i move her she will be wide awake.
Any help would be welcome

A few things you could try...

A good tight swaddle, then putting in a bed with a dummy.
My little one likes a bum wiggle or pat when I put him down, on the occassion that I put him down almost asleep.
Have you given white noise a try? I was shocked at how loud my baby liked it. If a vacuum works to settle her, then made a CD of white noise, or get a white noise machine.
Also, my little man just wouldn't settle unless I put him on his tummy. Against the rules, I know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->