Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Ive started to give my LO his 'dream feed' at 10:30/11pm now instead of the midnight ish he was getting it. So the past two nights hes woke at 5am and at 4am. HV said to do this and he will gradually increase the time he sleeps therefore making the dream feed bearable.

Roll on him sleeping till 8am!!

yeah right lol xxxx

Elyse sleeps through now, but I can't sleep anymore. :dohh:
For about 3 weeks I've been up until at least 3am!

5 months old and she still wakes up - goes to sleep between 7 and pm, wakes any time between 12 and 3 am then gets up for the day by 6am......she sometimes wakes for 'comfort' at other times aswell........i go back to work next month.......how do i get her to sleep through - surely she should by now?

sounds familiar baby D. Not too sure what to suggest - why not ask your HV for some tips? Have you tried that Good Night milk that you can give them from 6 months?

Well my 'new' routine isnt doing much - hes waking about 3ish and then thinks its time to get up at 5:30/6am! Getting him to sleep at 8pm is a doddle, its just the rest of the bloody night.

I'll be happy if he sleeps from about 10pm till about 7am - thats my goal lol!

....keeping plodding on...

Isla is exactly the same baby D... bed at 7ish, has a feed at 10ish before I go to bed, feed at 2ish and up at 6am with multiple wakings inbetween for comfort. I don't mind the 6am wake up as it means OH gets to see her before he goes to work but the night wakings are a pain.

I think I read that half of babies don't sleep through the night at 6 months so I don't think its unusual. Like Gwizz says though, try talking to your HV about it.

Sleepless night here, due to insomnia not my baby. Stupid hormones!

Austin will NOT sleep unless he is ON one of us. We've been home from the hospital for almost a week and we still haven't slept in bed. I miss bed, I miss sleep. He sleeps pretty well when he's on us, about 3 hours straight, but you just can't sleep right in a recliner with a newborn on you. I found this picture for all of us:
https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/untitled-1.jpg

awww pitballmommy - that's cute! Honestly, though, your bubba will soon settle into sleeping in a crib - Austin is only tiny and he needs your warmth and comfort - scary waorld, this - he is used to being snuggled in a tight, dark womb with mummies constant comfort - heartbeat, voice and so on - he is just adjusting. The fact he can sleep cuddled up to you for three hrs suggests that he will be a good sleeper in his crib soon enough too xx

great piccy!!!!

Im not gonna say what my bubba is doing else i'll jinx it :p lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey girls

I am coming to join you

Aidan is teething at the moment and at first it didnt bother him but now when i thought "Phew he isnt going to be that bothered with teething" it has really kicked in. He is in so much pain with them bless him. He wakes up approx 4 times a night. And last night he woke up at half past 2 and played for an hour.

I had to be at up at 6

I am exhausted

Any tips
xx

When Char was teething we used teething tabs and they worked REALLY well to help her sleep

violet has slept 9-7am 2 nights in a row now!!:happydance:
hope it continues... her normal pattern is asleep by 9pm awake between 1.30am and 3am, then at 5am and 7am, so i havent had a whole nights sleep since she was born!
i think her having 2 meals a day is helping, if this carries on i might see if i can gradually bring bedtime forward too!

my little man usually wakes once a night up for 1-2 hours then bk to sleep, he started sleeping from about 11pm -6-7am for the last week but now hes bk to getting up once he has really bad wind, thik he needs a good fart n is moving n gruting in his sleep alot so that might b y he aint carried on sleeping long....hes 4 weeks :)

Mine suffered loads from trapped wind when he was first born so i know what you mean - he obviously wouldnt burp fully and then he would try and fart instead! I raised one end of the bed up for him (head end!) and eventually it got better. Hes still a very windy boy but then so's his dad :rofl:

Im getting from 7pm till 10pm , then a feed, then till approx 6am with sleep so fingers crossed. last night he went till 7am!

Following a routine of feeds at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm & 10pm roughly that I got from a book along with 1 hour sleep in the morning and 2 hour sleep in the afternoon, and keeping him awake after 3pm.

The book is 'The baby healthy eating planner' by Amanda Grant - its got recipes and general timings for babies routines. I try and follow it with regards to sleeps and so forth but obviously it does differ from day to day. Trouble is theres so much conflicting advice on sleeping and bedtimes etc its hard to know exactly what to do with your first - well thats what ive found :s

I also started on baby rice yesterday so hopefully thats helping - hes currently having that after his 11am feed ... speaking of which ....

:hug:

ern is slowly getting better,we do get more sleep than we were,but thats because most nights he is in bed with us. This morning i ordered one of the bedside cots,that butt right up against our bed and that you can put the side right under the cot,so hopefully he will feel like he is in our bed with us and it will give us all a bit more room and *crosses fingers* more sleep:cloud9:

Well we were beginning to do well - until this weekend, hes been up at 2am, 3am, 4am!!! Just waking and then moaning I go in put a dummy in or stroke his belly and hes straight back to sleep but still a nusience! Hopefully its a growth spurt?

xx

Preparing myself for a LONNNNG night! I haven't had to post in here for awhile as LeeAnne has been sleeping 8pm-7am....but she is 4 1/2months old and STILL needs to be swaddled so tonight I've said ENOUGH and I am NOT swaddling her...shes already been up once in the last hour just crying, her arms flailing, having to pick her up and rock her to some quiet music...I am anticipating I will be up every hour tonight...could be a LONG night but this swaddle HAS to end..her doctor said its restricting her arm movements which is what causes her to be so ******* and delaying in 'reaching' for things, she reaches but its very ******* and abrupt because of the swaddle...hope you all have good nights!

Preparing myself for a LONNNNG night! I haven't had to post in here for awhile as LeeAnne has been sleeping 8pm-7am....but she is 4 1/2months old and STILL needs to be swaddled so tonight I've said ENOUGH and I am NOT swaddling her...shes already been up once in the last hour just crying, her arms flailing, having to pick her up and rock her to some quiet music...I am anticipating I will be up every hour tonight...could be a LONG night but this swaddle HAS to end..her doctor said its restricting her arm movements which is what causes her to be so ******* and delaying in 'reaching' for things, she reaches but its very ******* and abrupt because of the swaddle...hope you all have good nights!

Could you try a half swaddle? So you swaddle with their arms out as it breaks the need for a swaddle in a gentler way? A friend of mine unswaddled one arm for a few nights, then the both and so on......might be a way around it?

pinkmac85 how did the rest of the night go?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"