Sleepless Nights Support Thread

had a bit of a rough night last night after two fairly good ones i know its very early day yet as my princess is only 6 days old today but just seems worse at night she was up from 2 in the morning and wouldnt settle down until about 5 ish oh half got up and helped me but its hard becuase i am breast feeding her i kept trying her but it tiring and everything seems to hurts wen i am tiered
oh was fantastic wouldnt change him for the world but just feel very emotional about things at night :( then during the day its seems ok and then i get nevious about the nights and wether i am going to get sleep etc

JK - could he be teething?

It's possible. He drooled like crazy his first round of teething but now he's not really drooling all that much. He had a minor eye infection which has cleared up and the doc checked ears/nasal passage/throat and no signs of any illness there.

It's like he just HATES sleeping. Any sign I am attempting to put him down he starts freaking out. And it's also like the moment he stirs in his sleep he wakes up, realizes he's in bed and screams.

i get nevious about the nights and wether i am going to get sleep etc

I hear ya on that. I DREAD bedtime most nights because DS puts up such a fight. But there are good ones here and there LOL.

Hang in there :hugs: sounds like your OH is a good support system for you. and regarding BFing, it will get easier, less often, and certainly less painful. I was pain free by 10 days PP

i get nevious about the nights and wether i am going to get sleep etc

I hear ya on that. I DREAD bedtime most nights because DS puts up such a fight. But there are good ones here and there LOL.

Hang in there :hugs: sounds like your OH is a good support system for you. and regarding BFing, it will get easier, less often, and certainly less painful. I was pain free by 10 days PP

thanks so much its good to now that the pain will go eventually and yeah my oh is ace its made my and him closer and i have seen a new light to him :) love him so much

tinkerbel: the first few weeks can be really rough because they're still working on figuring out day and night. Hope it gets easier for you soon!

JK: I hear yah on the 'hates sleeping' part - some nights when Bobby knows I'm trying to put him to bed he starts freaking out, arching his back and if you try rocking him he pushes away. But if I put him in his crib he'll stand up and start screaming bloody murder... so I end up just letting him play on the ground until he's worn himself out completely and then I try again.

OH leaves in 2 days and we haven't made any significant improvement in sleeping.. so this should be tons of fun :thumbup:

I feel like I've been up all night long. I know I got some sleep at the beginning of the night but since he woke the 2nd time, he's not gone back to sleep. I've given up now specially coz OH is sooooo grumpy when he wakes, I'm in my living room feeding again. When does the routine start? LO is 11days old & I'm breast feeding, have no idea how formula feeding mum's get out of bed to warm bottles!!!!

Hi ladies!! My baby is 6 days old today and i'm exhausted!!!!! I just got out of bed because she started her "about to cry" noises and now shes not doing anything and I'm scared to go back to bed because she'll start to cry the second I lay down... but if I stay up she'll sleep for another hour and thats a precious hour I could be sleeping!!!! My baby is SO GOOD! And so is my OH I really can't complain... but I'm the ONLY one who can feed her cause I'm bfing! Like tinkerbell said... thats hard!!!! How long till she starts sleeping through the night?!?! lol I know I have awhile! I'm going to visit family for a few days mid November and i'm pumping so that mom can feed her for a night and I can get a whole nights sleep! or two!

Just need to vent-

NOLAN, MOMMY NEEDS SLEEP!!!!!! He goes to sleep at 7pm, was up at 9pm, then 11pm (feed) 12, 1, 1:30-3:45!, 4:30, 5:30 and was up for the day at 6:20!!!!!!!!! Why is it the older he gets, the worse he gets at sleeping!!!!!!

That is all, for now :winkwink:

Hi ladies!! My baby is 6 days old today and i'm exhausted!!!!! I just got out of bed because she started her "about to cry" noises and now shes not doing anything and I'm scared to go back to bed because she'll start to cry the second I lay down... but if I stay up she'll sleep for another hour and thats a precious hour I could be sleeping!!!! My baby is SO GOOD! And so is my OH I really can't complain... but I'm the ONLY one who can feed her cause I'm bfing! Like tinkerbell said... thats hard!!!! How long till she starts sleeping through the night?!?! lol I know I have awhile! I'm going to visit family for a few days mid November and i'm pumping so that mom can feed her for a night and I can get a whole nights sleep! or two!

Wish I knew!?!?! Mt LO is still up at least once if not twice a night. It's exhausting but last night was so special to me, so I am not too too upset at the loss of sleep today LOL.

DS has a cold. :( So I felt horrible when he woke and was stuffy and miserable. I brought him to my bed and he was wide awake and we were laying down facing each other and he was "talking" and smiling and laughing. I will miss the middle of the night precious moments between just him and I, where we have a secret play time in the night and then I nurse him back down.

What I wont miss is every bedtime being a FIGHT. He worms and wiggles and fusses and pushes off me. EVERY NAP EVERY BEDTIME. It's so frustrating and exhausting.

Bedtime being a fight really is tough... I've just been giving up lately, I can't deal with it - he squirms and arches his back and starts screaming at me so I just set him back down and let him play... and then he starts crying because hes tired... but he doesn't want to be nursed to sleep, or rocked to sleep, or even co-sleep anymore - I thought we were getting somewhere with self settling but that is hit and miss (more often miss)

Last night he finally went down at midnight, I finally fell asleep at 1, and he was up at 2... I brought him in to bed hoping we would get some sleep that way, and he just squirmed and got upset and wanted to be on his belly but our bed isn't really conducive to that so I put him back in his crib and he'd wake up 5 minutes after being put down. So no sleep for either of us, and so we're both cranky today. OH will be out of town for at least another 5 days and I have no idea how I'm going to get through it - I know I will - but once he's home I think I'll be spending an entire day in bed lol.

:hugs:

I did the same sort of thing last night with Jaxon. He did NOT want to be rocked at all. So I just set him back in his crib. He has one of those crib light things...
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EN2Csl7NL._AA260_.jpg

It comes with a remote so I can restart it through the door without re-entering the room. DH bought this and it has been a life saver of sorts.
https://www.target.com/Baby-Einstein-Dreams-Lullaby-Soother/dp/B0018Z35DA

He lays in his crib with his favorite stuffed caterpillar and watches the fish, then will fuss for me when he is ready to rock. Last night, he fell asleep on his own for the first time ever. HAHA I also made a CD of white noise to play so when the fish stop (25 minutes) it has 2 more hours of white noise, which seems to help.

I feel like I am getting somewhere... but then again, I have felt like that before only to have him revert.

last night was hard for me!!! Payson didn't want to go in her crib at all.. in fact she refused to sleep anywhere but being held!! Then this morning she went right into her crib.... :wacko: I have NO idea what got into her but I was freakin on the couch with her all night... and my body hurts :(

Thanks for the link JK! I'll definitely check that out - the remote idea is fabulous! He has a white noise stuffed dolphin that I put in there with him when he's asleep to help the transition but that might really help keep him calm when I leave the room if he's still awake.

Sorry to hear that Claire - she's still really little so it's understandable that she wants to be close to you (as tough as it!) do you swaddle her when you put her in her crib?

No I dont' swaddle... she doesn't like it!! I tried last night but she hasn't been swaddled since she left the hospital! One less vice I have to break her of I guess. Shes back in her crib today... so I don't know what was wrong last night!!!

yeah Bobby never really liked it either, he'd houdini his way out as soon as he was swaddled but then get upset when he wasn't...

Glad she slept better for you last night though :)

Me too! It felt really nice to sleep in my own bed! I take that for granted! But I don't think it'll be my last crummy night with a fussy baby!

Finley has a lightshow thing, its winnie the pooh one & projects a picture on to the ceiling. Its been a godsend for us x

Hope you all get a better night sleep tonight x

Well I won't be sleeping tonight, and not just because of LO lol - FIL and I decided to go see a movie... paranormal activity 2 - real smart with OH being out of town hahaha. It wasn't even that scary... but it'll still keep me up

My LO refuses to sleep in her crib..I know she's still very little, but I didn't want to do co-sleeping. Guess I have no choice right now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->