Sleepless Nights Support Thread

thanks peacelove baby, he has definately grown a lot lately, he is only 4 months but nearly in 6-9 month things now lol! (he was big born though!) i dont go back till march, but am still worried that if this carries on i will be knackered!
i know what you mean about letting the house go, before i had my lo, i thought id have the place spotless, as id have loads of free time not working - yeah right! when i do get a moment to myself when he naps, im so tierd i just want to sit down with a brew! you do find ways around it though, ive got a baby carrier, so now i do the vacuming or hang the washing out with lo strapped to me. at least then i get something done!

Yeah, I need to buy the material to make a wrap..I've always loved that idea, but haven't gotten around to doing it.

Guess it's a good time now :D

Ooooh I need more sleep. Been doing sleep training for 11 nights now, she slept through for the first time the night before last and then slept 7-4am screamed on and off til 5.40am and then slept til 7.45. I haven't had a decent nights sleep since the second trimester!!!

This is hell. Now she's refusing to have her second nap so is so tired by 5pm.

Must go to sleep now whilst I can. I can't function on 4 hours broken Sleep.

I just made myself a cup of coffee, because LO has been fussy and squirmy for an hour or so...figured it was gonna be another long night. Turn around with my coffee mug full and she's fast asleep. Figures!!!

3 am..*streeeeetch...yawwwwn*

I'm not sure I'll miss this when it's over!

Awww I'm sure you will miss it!!! When they are teenagers telling us they hate us and they know EVERYTHING and we just don't understand.... we'll miss the sleepless nights!!

Last night, we had an up-once night for the first time in a while and I woke up refreshed and we had a great day until dinner time !! He was soooo crabby, I just put him straight to bed. he woke up within the hour and was up another 2 hrs and I finally just got him back down. I think he may be teething again. GAH! Just when things were getting back on track, too! Going on 8 months of this... hoping there is an end in sight or else i'm gonna die of sleep deprivation!!!

Know the feeling. Babs refused her second nap again yesterday, very tired by 6pm, she then cried hysterically til 7, obviously overtired but slept til 4.40..... Unfortunately I had been awake since 4 waiting for her to wake! She cried on and off til 6 when her daddy took her downstairs. I know I am lucky that she's sleeping nearly 10 hrs straight in her cot, but it doesn't feel fortunate when she's awake at an ungodly hour :-(

Hi all,

New here, our 2nd baby was born 30th Jan and has never been a great sleeper. We had him going through the night for about 2 weeks but he had to undergo an op and since then has gone downhill with his sleep.

He naps prob 2-3 times a day for around 15-30 mins, we put him down around 6.30pm ish after his bottle and dream feed him at 10pm but he can wake from 1-4 times. He has taken to pooing in the night which doesnt help too. He doesent seem hungry but will just toy with the bottle.

He is nothing like our first boy but my wife is now back at work and studying too so this whole sleep thing is getting to the both of us as i also work shifts.

Any ideas please

I wish I had a magic remedy for you..but we're all kinda in the same sleepy boat. Our little ones are just doing whatever they feel is natural, wether we like it or not! My only suggestion for all of us is to try to nap with them..when they doze off, lay with em and catch a few zzz's. That's what I'm going to try to do, otherwise I'm a total zombie. I'm lucky that I don't have to work right now! I couldn't imagine doing that as well as everything else at the house and with the kids..

Well don't think I'm going to be getting any sleep tonight. Ella had her jabs today and tonight has had a high temp and been really sick. She's cooled down now and is very happy but I don't even want to go to sleep now.

4 am...well 4:30 now. shes had a whole bottle and acts like she wants more..omg!

Gave her a lil bit more..seems to be doing the trick..shes drifting off :sleep:

Last night was awful!!!
He woke at 1.20, 2.20, 3.20, 4.20 & 5.20am (seriously he woke at 20 past every hour) he wouldnt go back to sleep then but was soooo crabby he didnt know what he wanted wanted picking up but then trying to get down so put him down & he'd cry wanting to be picked up again.
DH got him to have another 30 minutes & he slept till 7.35am & did seem happier x but I've hardly had any sleep & at work :dohh:
Luckily my parents have got him tonight because we're out for dinner for a friends birthday just hope he sleeps better for them x
He's waking up a lot because he is full of cold & has a terrible cough which wakes him up :-( poor thing I hope it clears up soon he's been like it for over a week now x

Currently 3 hours into a marathon feed/put down/cry/feed etc session. It could be a long night.

think I need to join this thread, Rowan is feeding every two hours max, some days he'll want feeding every hour/hour and half and then wakes every time he needs a change which he really hates so screams the house down , so exhausted I just feel like crying come 4am :(

Well Finley slept through the night for my parents lol x 7.30pm-6.30am :happydance: thank goodness was worrying he would keep my mum up all night x and he slept through last night too 7.30pm-5.50am which is brilliant for us because its so much better than how he was just a few months ago x

The beginning is so hard isnt it when they are still waking in the night for feeds x Hopefully once they dont need that anymore things will get better for you girls x

Hope you all have a better night tonight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"