Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Oh you poor thing!!! I hope she gets the hang of the crib thing soon!!! I'm terrified to have the baby on our bed!! With all our blankets and pillows :|

Its 5am here if anyone is wondering :( I just fed the rugrat and put her down but shes kinda of moving around... so I don't want to go lay down and get comfy just for her to start whining :| she doesn't really cry! Shes such a good baby!! She can't help it if shes hungry lol but I don't understand why she doesn't eat!! She eats and then falls asleep and then wants to eat more the second you go to move her because she woke up and is still hungry.... and I'm like STOP FALLING ASLEEP ON MY BOOB!

Whining has started :| back at it!

my lil man is 18months and he just screams at about 2am and then 4am people said its probly him trying to be snugled at nyt but he doesnt snugel with me he goes to sleep on his own every nyt at 8.30 then last nyt i jus realised he only startd this when he startd teething at 1yrold! at the mo hes got 3molars coming through at the same time its a nyt mare im shatterd xX sorry for rambling

for people whos lo's wont settle in crib, mine wouldnt either. i ended up putting him in his cot at 3 weeks as he kept wanting to co-sleep. the cot is a bed side one so we could "half" co sleep, i could lean into the cot to sleep with him. every night id get a little further away from him n now he sleeps in his cot on his own no problems at all :) helped me so much! x

for people whos lo's wont settle in crib, mine wouldnt either. i ended up putting him in his cot at 3 weeks as he kept wanting to co-sleep. the cot is a bed side one so we could "half" co sleep, i could lean into the cot to sleep with him. every night id get a little further away from him n now he sleeps in his cot on his own no problems at all :) helped me so much! x

Thank you!

I know I need to just enforce it..and spend a few more sleepless nights while she adjusts..but I find myself sooo torn. Cuz I love the cuddles in bed as well. Sigh lol

Thats one of the HUGE reasons I'm not cosleeping!!! Because then eventually you have to break them of it! I think I have to ween her off so much! Don't need her used to sleeping with me lol. But I see the attraction! I just let her sleep with me for a few hours on my lap!

We were part time co-sleepers & when we changed Finley's routine stopping that was part of that change & tbh I dont think he even noticed x He hasnt been in our bed for about 4 weeks now x I do miss the cuddles in bed though & I am tempted but I know it will mean we're back to square one x

Finley slept awful last night, woke up 3 times in the night then woke up at 4.12am & was playing at first then chucking his dummy out of his cot & then crying :dohh: I went in to him & tried to shush him & pat his back but had no luck & he was yawning his little head off so I sat in his chair & laid him on me & he went straight to sleep. I sat with him for about 15 minutes, put him in his cot & he slept till 6.40am.
He is full of a cold & has a cough to go with it, so think he just needed some mummy cuddles because he was poorly, like we all do sometimes x

Hope tonight is better although can look forward to a lie in as DH is getting up with him in the morning yay :happydance:

My LO wont settle to sleep at bed time, he seems to know that this is the time where he doesn't get to see Mummy and Daddy for hours and so just cries and cries and cries until he finally goes off. It's heartbreaking :cry: Thing is though once he is asleep he normally sleeps right through. We try and get him in bed and settled for about 7pm but he wont settle for another 2 and a half hours (thats on the really bad days!) and thats with the mobile goin and us rocking him (he's in a swinging crib). :cry: :cry: :cry:

My LO refuses to sleep in her crib..I know she's still very little, but I didn't want to do co-sleeping. Guess I have no choice right now lol

I had this with Fin. We ended up putting a rolled up blanket either side of him (to his shoulders only so no SID risk) and putting the muslin used to wipe my boobs from his last feed in with him and he soon got better. We also had to build up his confidence in us that we'd return to him so we'd not let himn cry in his basket... not for any prolonged period anyway. If he's awake, wet or hungry etc we get him up as soon as he lets us know. Stops the basket being a negative thing xx

My LO refuses to sleep in her crib..I know she's still very little, but I didn't want to do co-sleeping. Guess I have no choice right now lol

I had this with Fin. We ended up putting a rolled up blanket either side of him (to his shoulders only so no SID risk) and putting the muslin used to wipe my boobs from his last feed in with him and he soon got better. We also had to build up his confidence in us that we'd return to him so we'd not let himn cry in his basket... not for any prolonged period anyway. If he's awake, wet or hungry etc we get him up as soon as he lets us know. Stops the basket being a negative thing xx

Thanks for this. I am trying the crib again tonight..sigh. I am determined to get it right! I wanna start from early on. Her crib is right next to our bed, so its not like we're leaving her in a nursery just yet. Shes so sleepy right now and full, so I went ahead and laid her in there. I'm sure she'll fall asleep now. I keep fighting the urge to go pick her up, she looks sooo tiny and alone in there!

Thanks for this. I am trying the crib again tonight..sigh. I am determined to get it right! I wanna start from early on. Her crib is right next to our bed, so its not like we're leaving her in a nursery just yet. Shes so sleepy right now and full, so I went ahead and laid her in there. I'm sure she'll fall asleep now. I keep fighting the urge to go pick her up, she looks sooo tiny and alone in there!

Ooh the other thing we do is let him fall asleep on us after his last feed before bed and his night feeds and pop him down when already asleep. I'm not ready to leave him yet to cry and self settle... he's too young... but will in time. I find reclining in bed with him on my shoulder for a gentle winding is best He falls asleep right there and then I pop him down as carefully as poss to stop him waking xx

yeah, I wont let her cry there n self settle just yet either. I feel like she needs to build a trust in us first before we do that. I ended up going to get her lol..I'll let her fall asleep on me after her last bottle and then put her in there. Wish me luck!

how old do you think they need to be before you do let them cry and settle themselves?? Because I've thought that but I just couldn't right now! I know that once they are a year or so... idk... i'm a big softie! She crys and I'm all upset too :| Some mom I am lol

I dunno really..I'd be interested to see what other moms say about that. You'd think I'm a first time mom all over again lol...I'm just so attached already and don't want her to feel lost or alone!

The suggestion is to wait until they're 6 months to introduce any 'sleep training' - before that they're just too little - they need the comfort. (my little guy still does)

Bobby is just now learning to self-settle, I'm of the belief that it is a skill they learn, and one that while yes, you can help with, it isn't something that can be forced if they aren't ready. I know it's tough to deal with the sleepless nights... I've been running off of love + caffeine for 9 months now.. but I try to tell myself that it is just a phase, and eventually I will get to sleep through the night again. Not gonna lie... there are days where I can't function, and nights where I lie in bed and cry wondering when it will happen... *shrug* I'm not one to give advice obviously as I haven't had any success in sleeping, but your babies are far too young to be left to cry IMO

I think they are way to young too!!! But eventually I'm going to have to be the meanie and leave her there to self settle :(

I think they're way too young too.

I had her in her crib all night! She only got up for 2 feedings and slept peacefully. If she had cried, I'd have been right there to put her in my bed lol..but she did well. Yay!

I think they're way too young too.

I had her in her crib all night! She only got up for 2 feedings and slept peacefully. If she had cried, I'd have been right there to put her in my bed lol..but she did well. Yay!

Yayyyy! Awesome news love xx

Yeah I was happy...I felt so proud of her for being so good, even tho she has no idea what she did :haha: Will try again tonight. This kiddo sure sleeps a lot still. i can't wait till she's awake longer.

Tho, I know I'll be wishing she slept more once that period hits lol

ugh i am starting to think i need to join this thread! charlie was sleeping through 8 till 6 when he was 8 weeks old. then he started waking for one feed in the night which was ok, then it turned to 2 feeds, one at 1am, then again at 4/5 am. i thought it was a growth spurt but tis been going on weeks now, ansd its not getting better! last night was bed at 7.30, he woke at 11.30pm, (just as i had drifted off) so i put his dummy in as i thought im not feeding you already! .....he woke again at 12 midnight,so i fed him and he went straight bk to sleep, then he woke at 3am! i put his dummy in and he fell back to sleep, but then woke at 4am! so i fed him again, and he went bk to sleep after babbling in his cot for 10mins.....then he woke for the day at 5.45 am!!!! i tried to put dummy back in but he was having none of it! i am sooooo tierd today! both the feeds he had in the night were 6oz, so hes definatley hungry, but he drinks loads in the day too. he is 16 weeks. i guess its ok at the moment while im on maternity leave, but i am worried that he will still be like this when i go bk to work. i have no idea how i will cope!yaaawwwwnnn!

Yikes, stevie..It def does sound like a growth spurt, but a super long one! I hope he settles back down for you once you start work again. How much longer until you have to go?

My princess had a rough night last night..she ended up just sleeping with me again. I feel like I should just give up trying to get her in her crib till shes much older. I am soooo tired. And I feel bad cuz I'm letting the house go and haven't cooked a decent meal in ages. I just can't be bothered. I barely get time to shower..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->