Sleepless Nights Support Thread

thanks :D managed to get him settled at 9:30 today so we'll see! Hope your nights are getting better as well! :Hugs:

too good to be true - went down at 9:30, slept till 1, and then wouldn't settle until 3:30 when I brought him in to bed.. oh well

yikes peacelove baby, poor you. hope you managed to get some sleep in the end. we had a bad night lastnight (bear in mind charlie is now 5 months old :-( ) he went down at 9pm usualy goes at 8 but took an hour to settle him) and then woke up at 11pm. screamed and screamed and screamed. he wasnt hungry as hed had 11oz (yes 11 oz!) before bed. took untill 1am to settle him and get him bk to sleep...... then he woke at 3 am for a feed, and he was actualy hungry by then. finaly up for the day at 6.30.

I actually don't want to go to bed tonight.
That dreaded dummy!
arhhh.

bleh @ having bad nights! we have to catch a break sooner or later ladies...

I've got a fantastic cold now, and all I want to DO is sleep.. luckily LO hasn't gotten it yet. he went down at 8:30 last night but was up pretty much every hour.. I didn't want to co-sleep because I don't want to breath on him too much.. thankfully it's the weekend so OH took over at 5 and let me sleep until 11 with 1 feed in the middle. it was fabulous

Yawwwwwwwn...10:35..my night is just starting. How are you ladies?

Last night was a nightmare, he isn't sleeping much anyway because of his teeth i assume! Also atm any slight noise wakes him up from a daytime nap.
Anyway yesterday he had no naps all day.. (woke at 5am for the day!) and he fell asleep at half 6pm! woke up at 7pm after half a hour.. so i thought great he should sleep the night!
WRONG.
He didn;t go to sleep til 11pm and was up every half hour, 1am he wanted to play! so kept putting him in bed, but if i didnt look at him he screamed and smiled at me lol.. he was being so cute and it made a change as he has been crying alot lately, so of course i stayed with him because it was lovely seeing him smilin. By 2:30 i was shattered and he went back to sleep, uh oh.. 4:01am! and the day starts from there...

OMG Sarah how the hell did you manage to function on that nights 'sleep'???
I really feel for you huni, its bloody hard work :hugs:

Bekkie - when I read your post about bobby sleeping for 7 hours I had the BIGGEST grin on my face, really happy for you & then the next page it was back to the old ways :nope::hugs:
I really dont know what to suggest huni, just wish I could help in some way xxxx

Finley has been quite good lately - not sleeping through suprise suprise but most nights he only wakes up once & thats just to pop his dummy back in & we do have the odd night where he's awake screaming for 2 hours (when he's teething) & some nights he's up maybe 4 times because he's lost his dummy but he's soooooooo much better than he used to be x
For anyone that doesnt know - after 11.5 months of no sleep we had to resort to CC/CIO :cry: but after a bad night or two he's sleeping a lot better, still a moody so & so though lol must get that from daddy :winkwink:

Hope you girls got a better nights sleep last night x

I am in for it tonight I think! I am a school teacher and I had duty at a basketball game this evening. My mother in law offered to keep LO. I dropped her off and left at 4:15. By 5 LO was asleep and my mother in law let her sleep until just before I picked her up at 8pm. Keeping in mind that her bedtime is 8 pm, she had been asleep 3 hours. I have no problem with her taking an hour nap or so, but 3 hours that close to bedtime?? She has been asleep for about 10 minutes so far, so I'm crossing my fingers that she does ok tonight!

Quiet board lately - hope that is a good sign :)

Think I'm getting the boot finally... Bobby has started self-soothing and sleeping 6+ hour stretches. I'm elated - if only I could fall asleep when he does.. I spend the day so tired but then evening comes around and I'm wide awake. It's 12:36 AM, Bobby has been asleep since 10, and I don't see myself sleeping anytime soon. Too used to him not sleeping I guess.

Anyway, I hope the rest of you are getting some much-deserved and well-earned sleep :hugs:

I'm sleeping a little more here and there because DH is feeling more confident in taking care of her for a couple of hrs at a time..yay! She still wakes twice in the night for feeds, but they're much more tolerable if I get an evening nap in. Doesn't always happen though..but I can't be greedy!

So tired of getting up every 2 hours or less. I'm so jealous of the moms who regularly get a 3 or 4 hour block of sleep at night. I just want to curl up under my desk at work and take a nap right now.

biiig :hug: to you! I couldn't imagine working in this state of sleep deprivation. I admire you!

My newborn likes to stay awake till gone midnight. Seems to have days and night confused. Staying up late would be bearable if not for the 2/3 hourly feeds and then having to get up at 6/7 with my toddler. A toddler who is currently really poorly. Mu DH is back at work now, only second night and Im struggling already. He finishes work at 2am so sleeps in till 10:30 ish. So night time and morning is my job :-( even if lo goes to sleep now and Joshua sleeps till 7 it's not enough. 6hours of very broken sleep, feeds and changes take ages some nights.

He doesn't look like sleeping anytime soon. He cried at me for ages and is now in hismoss basket wriggling, cooing and generally being really noisy. Forgot how hard these nights are :-(

oh siety i really dont know how you do it. im so tierd and i dont know what ill do if charl;ie isnt sleeping better when i go back to work. i wish i knew why he keeps waking up crying.
i ended up in tears lastnight, as iwas shattered. charlie went to bed at 9pm, and we went at about 11pm......and charlie woke at 11.30 just as id drifted off. i pick him up and he calms down and falls back off, and as soon as i put him down he instantly starts crying. this went on till after midnight, and i just got to the point where i was like 'i cant do this anymore'. luckily oh got up when he saw me crying by the cot and told me to go bk to bed.

Bliss! He slept two 4 hour blocks of sleep last night. Amazing how awake I feel on what I would have considered almost no sleep before the baby.
stevie123 - It really does get better over time. Every time Gabriel's sleep started to improve we'd have a setback, growth spurts, colds, etc. But even so, just the one good night every so often helped to keep me sane and on the worst nights my OH stepped in as well.

PeaceLoveBaby: glad to hear you're getting a bit of sleep!

great to hear Seity!! Hope it continues to improve for you! I can't believe you're working on that little sleep... I barely get out of my pajamas most days!

stevie: Been there - it's really tough, and emotions run high when you're running on no sleep. hope it gets better for you soon, like Seity said - that one random night really gives you the strength to go on.

Lucy: hope your toddler feels better soon and that your sleepless nights don't last as long as some of ours have!

Bobby is still sleeping alright.. 5 hours straight last night, just put him back down after 3 hours tonight... but I can't sleep. I've gotten so used to him waking up constantly, that I am wide awake until at least 2 in the morning, sometimes later. My husband thinks something is bothering me because I've basically become an insomniac, and while I did get some news a few weeks ago that has been bothering me I don't think it's enough to keep me awake this way... I'm looking forward to my husbands christmas break, hopefully I can get back on track!

:hugs: to all

Well, back to every 2 hours again last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->